-33-

Something Beautiful

Read A/N at the end, please.

 

::::::

 

The week passed quickly and as much as you tried your hardest not cry around your best friend, you couldn’t hold it in. He was leaving for California for who knows how long.

Jungkook would always reassure you, spending countless of hours talking with you over the phone only to end up at your house and eventually staying there the rest of the night. The two of you would either talk about subjects that never really got through to your mouths or you sit silently on the bed cuddled next to each other only needing the sound of heartbeats to calm each other’s senses.

 

::::::

 

It was 2:04 am.

Another night spent wide awake. You hadn’t called Jungkook because you knew you couldn’t keep calling him over to your house every day. You felt like a burden to him but then again, you kept the guilt hidden because he was your drug. He keeps you going even when you mentally just want to stop. He filled the void that you had been missing for so long.

You come to a decision that with or without Zelo, it was going to be okay because you had the most well-rounded, selfless, charismatic boyfriend a girl could only ever wish for.

Jungkook was beautiful.

Jungkook is beautiful.

           

Your eyes wandered across the white surface of your ceiling. In an instant it turned a shade brighter, reaching across your bed you grab your phone.

Come to the park. – Zelo.

Throwing the blanket off of your body, you put on Jungkook’s sweater and leggings. As you walk out you put on your flats and throw the hood up.

You see a tall, slender silhouette standing near the basketball hoops pacing back and forth. Walking closer you throw up a hand and greet, “Hello.”

“Hey.” Zelo kicks the pebbled ground and glances back at you, “So the flight leaves at 6 am.”

You bit your lip and nodded “I’ve heard," Your eyes were dry, the conversation was dry, “You should get sleep, Junhong.”

“I should say the same for you. What are you doing up.”

You cross your arms and snuggle deeper into the jacket, “I can’t sleep,” You watch his little movements with keen eyes, “Why’d you call me here?”

He stopped fidgeting and leaned on the basketball hoop, “I had feeling you were awake-“

“-The real reason, Choi.”

He smirks and buries his hands deep into his pockets, “Honestly, I wanted to see you for one last time or atleast the last time for a while. I wanted to hear your voice without a phone in between… I just wanted you.”

You look to your left and shake your head, “Junhong, I know you have feelings for me, but keep it to a minimum. I have boyfriend whom I am-“

“-in love with, right, I forgot.” He spoke softly.

You blinked twice and looked at him. You felt pity for him and nothing more. He was like a brother and it will forever be that way, “I-I’m sorry, Junhong. Have a nice life in America.”

You walked backwards and then slowly turned your back to him. Your name was called but you didn’t turn.

It was too late into the night for such petty emotions.

Your heart belonged to only one person and you wished that even overseas, Zelo will realize that it’s not him; it could never be him.

 

::::::

 

Your alarm clock rang which meant it was Monday. It was gloomy and foggy; yet weather did not stop school from happening, but it stopped you. Calling in, you told your school a white lie and lay in bed with the phone still in your hand. Your phone rang, putting it on speaker you answered in your morning voice, “Hello?”

“Haeun? Where are you? Are you sick?” Panic rose in Jungkook’s voice.

“I’m fine, I just don’t feel like going to school today.”

“Aish, you should have told me! I could’ve stayed with you,” The line went silent and a slam of a locker was heard, “I’ll be there in a bit.”

You slowly blinked and the corners of your mouth rose upwards.

 

::::

 

“The bell didn’t ring yet so technically, I’m not doing anything wrong.” Jungkook was propped up on his left elbow and playing with your hair with his right, “Besides, I told Taehyun to cover for me if the office asked.”

“That’s good.” You replied with your eyes closed.

“It’s okay. But the thing is,” He laid his face onto a pillow, “Are you okay?”

“What do you-“

“-Haeun, you know what I mean.”

You sighed and pulled a pillow closer to your chest, “I had just realized that if he was sad and wanted to leave, he should. It’s his life, his decision and I should support him. Hopefully overseas he can make something of himself and come back happier.”

Jungkook smiled at your sweet and considerate face and then confessed, “I wish I could have said goodbye to him before he left.”

“I bet he wanted you to greet him so that he could threaten you not to hurt me while he is gone.”

“Trust me, Hwa Haeun, It will be the end of the ages till it will be on my time that you shed a tear. Besides, if I do make you cry, when that day comes, I will beat myself up before Zelo even gets the chance to.” He poked your face and instantly you opened your eyes. Wandering across his smiling face he leans closer and kisses your forehead, “Finally, Good morning.”

You laugh, getting up and stretch upwards pulling down your shirt, “Good morning, Jungkook.”

As you walk to the bathroom Jungkook follows you. Pulling out your toothbrush and putting on the toothpaste, you watch as Jungkook goes behind you and hugs your waist. Looking at him oddly you continue to brush. Spitting and rinsing your mouth you turn to face him when he suddenly kisses you.

You squint at him, “Kisses so early, Mr.Jeon?”

He nods innocently and shrugs, “Minty.”

“Oh my goodness,” You laugh and throw your hands up in a gesture that read ‘so done’. You walk back into your room and face plant back onto your bed. You groan as a sudden weight was on top of you, “Jungkook, I can’t breathe.” He rolled off of you and was now in the same position as before. You mimicked him and hoisted yourself up on your right elbow.

“Do you want to go anywhere?” Jungkook asks breaking the silence.

You shake your head and play with the hem of the blanket, “Not really, but since it is cherry blossom season; want to walk around town?” He smiles and sits up straight like a child, “Okay, I just have to change,” You get up and stare at him, “Jungkook.”

“What.” You arch your eye brows at him and he gets up smirking. He pulls you close by the waist and kisses you lightly, “I’ll be waiting downstairs.” You smile and push his back gently out the door.

You ruffle your nest and grin delightfully, “Aish this boy.”

 

::::

 

Twenty-five minutes later you came out of your room dressed and refreshed ready to conquer the streets of blossom lining. You wore a plaid and floral top with beige jeans and a black, chunky plat formed sandals. Grabbing your purse you saw Jungkook on his side flipping through an old vogue magazine, “Ready?” You asked as you tied your hair into a high ponytail.

He looked up and gave you an eye smile, “You look nice.”

You swung your ponytail and blushed, “Thanks. You look nice too.”

Getting up and walking toward you he looked down at his school uniform, “Sure I do.”

Laying his hand on your waist, he leads you out of your house and slowly grabs your hand. Pulling you faster to the streets raining with pink petals; he lets go and watches as you stare in awe at the magnificent sight. Grabbing his camera he snaps a quick picture and smiles.

“What are you doing?” you ask hands behind your back.

He shrugs and continues to walk down the road. He stayed quiet every once in a while just to capture candid shots of your interesting figure. You beamed like a child at the beautiful flowers and started to collect them and would eventually show Jungkook as if you have lived a life foreign to cherry blossoms.

“Aigoo,” You hug Jungkook’s arm and smile warmly, “This is beautiful, isn’t it, Jungkook?”

“I’ve seen prettier.”

“Hul,” you pull him to a stop and smile curiously, “When, where?”

“Just now.”

You looked around to see if the two of you had passed by a garden without you knowing but none were in sight, “I don’t see any-“

“-I was talking about you, pabo.” Turning your head, you could feel his breath on your lips, “Nothing can be lovelier than you… Except Hana of course, but you do come to a very close second.”

You backing away you scoff, obviously embarrassed, “Why are you like this?”

“Because it’s spring,” Jungkook lifts up his hands and directs your attention to the swaying trees, “And because you have made the flowers in me bloom.” He reaches towards you, caressing your cheek. Tucking a strand of hair behind your ear he speaks, “You are one of the hundreds of floras in the field, but, Hwa Haeun, I’m picking you. You are the most beautiful flower I have ever laid my eyes on.”

You bit your lip and wrapped your arms around his neck. You whispered words of love into his ear in exchange for the same. Your grips got tighter and your smiles got wider.

 

:::::::

 

It was spring.

It was the season where emotions and love bloomed; where flowers fell from the heavens. It was the time that melted the ice and offered new life; new love. Jungkook was your warmth, your sun after a long, brutal blizzard and from his words, vice versa.

What the two of you have; whatever it may be, it radiates and shines so wondrously that your smiles couldn’t get any bigger.

From some perspectives, one might say it’s self-indulgent, in the moment, teenage love.

But to you, it was the most pure and sincere thing that you have ever felt before.

It was spring in your mind, in your heart, in your bones.

Flowers were blooming in places where you thought the soil had died.

And because of this so called ‘teenage love’ it cultivated something beautiful.

 

 

 

 

 

:::::::

WAH.

I just wanted to thank all of my beautiful sub-babies; every single one of your for sticking with me. This is my first story that I actually completed and it may be bull but I’m still learning from your comments. I’ll write a blog post for this but yeah.

You are all lovely and ugh I want to cry. Thank you so much. Y’all da bomb diggity.

Hopefully you guys will bring some support to my new story, Over time. It stars an O.C. and the handsome, Jungkook. I’ll leave the link below.

Over Time

I will miss this story; long live Hae/kook,

Barely-finished.

 

Please enjoy my Jungkook spam as a farewell for now gift (photos/gif are not mine, yo).

    

    

    

 

And bae:

 

ps. this was the first picture I ever saw of Junhong and I have loved him ever since.