-13-

Something Beautiful

         Sunlight crept into your room and kissed your pale skin. You woke up 30 minutes before school started and so you sat up lazily. You glanced around, and suddenly you were wide awake.

“Why in the hell am I in my room.” You were going to run to the bathroom and wash your face, when, out of the blue you tripped, oblivious to the body on the floor. Gasping, you crawled over to the unknown stranger who could be a . You were going to shake him awake but before you could come in contact with his jacket, he grabbed your hand. Immediately you screamed and twisted his hand making him groan in pain.

The stranger pulled his hand away and sat up with the sunlight glistening only the right side of his face, “Is that how you treat someone who finished cleaning, moping, and carrying your lazy, tired home?”

“You slept at my house?!”

“So? I was tired and it was just on your dirty, uncomfortable floor; why are you flipping?”

You stared at the oblivious boy with a poker face, “Are you kidding me right now? I’m flipping because like a normal person, you would wake me up and not have to carry me home and second, you leave, because if people we know from school see you walking into this house at unholy hours; they will suspect things.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes and spoke bluntly, “I don’t care about people’s thoughts on me as a person, honestly.” He picked up a photo album that was labeled, ‘Nostalgia’ and flipped through the thick plastic pages that were filled with Polaroid snapshots. The last page gave him the most to look at, one aged picture with nothing but five human beings smiling into the camera; it was nothing special yet it made Jungkook stare at it until you ran up and snatched it out of his hand.

“Leave,” You stared at him sternly, “I have to get ready.” You pushed him out and locked your door. Turning around to change into a clean uniform, not one that you used for school, cleaning, and pajamas thanks to the genius who matter of fact, slept on your floor.

“This is his fault and not mine; I am truly a heavy sleeper.” You reminded yourself and took a uniform off a plastic hanger.

:::::::

As you were changing, Jungkook was walking toward the front door to just go back to the apartment complex to get a new uniform. When he walked out, Zelo was standing there hands in his pocket leisurely waiting.  Jungkook closed the door behind him but didn’t dare break eye contact with Zelo, “Why are you here?”

“Do I need to explain myself to you? Why were you here?”

“I’m here because I actually took care of your so called ‘best friend’ while you went to play with Yoomi.” Jungkook walked closer to Zelo, “Besides, I don’t think she would fancy seeing your face around here for a while.”

Zelo’s jaw tightened, “How would you know. You don’t know her.”

“Oh but I do. You see, in the time that you were messing around with Yoomi, I spent time with Haeun, getting to know her expressions. Please,” Jungkook scoffed in Zelo’s face, “Last night when you left her in the hallway,” His words whirled around Zelo’s head making him listen in an annoyed matter, “Her face read anything but happiness.”

“I’m Just trying to help her adapt to the new world, let her live a little, help her find friends.”

“Well, you might want to try harder and take up plan B because in all honesty, you are doing a pretty ed up job.” Jungkook bumped shoulders with Zelo as he walked passed him, leisurely making his way to the apartment building.

When Jungkook was not in sight, Zelo exhaled and looked at your house, then turned, walking down your drive way. Just then you opened your door in a saw Zelo, “Junhong-ah.”

You called his name weakly, but he heard you and so he slowly shifted only his head, just like last night, but this time, after a brief second he then kept on walking. All of your hope of him turning to apologize had gotten thrown right down the drain.

 

:::::

          A week went by since that moment, of a different kind of heartbreak. You were still in detention with Jungkook after school and Zelo still avoided you. Yet, some days he would casually talk to you, but it was more like a ‘What do we have for homework.’ Or ‘Hey, Hi.’ It really irritated you considering that you and Zelo have been best friends for so long and this was the longest period of time you two have been distant.

          After every detention was over, Jungkook would be the first one out of the building. Of course you always wondered where that boy ran off to, but then from time to time you remembered that he had a dance competition of some sort, or at least that’s what you picked up from when he bickered with the teacher and grandmother. The two of you still fought, though it was like of like child’s play where one would tease the other or just fight over a little mistake, though afterwards there came the chuckling and forced back smiles. At some moments, you really feel connected to him in a way a male and a female should, when in a relationship.

::::::

          It was lunch period and you went straight to your locker for your new regular routine. First, you put your books in your locker and grab your daily lunch box and then chat for a couple of second with girls who have questions about you and Jungkook. Yes, the rumors still spread, but you tried to deny everything, but those stubborn minds thought otherwise. After that, you would walk past the café area and awkwardly have a 5 second staring contest with the hoe Yoomi. She would then look away first and proceed to happily talk to Zelo with an over exaggerated smile. Walking straight ahead down the hallway, you would turn into the abandoned stairwell, climb up them and open a door that lead to a new rooftop.

          It wasn’t the same roof top that you and Jungkook visited though; it was a roof top that held so much different emotions. The other one held frustration and embarrassment, while this had every though you ever understood, every emotion that you ever felt, and every black ink word you wrote on the worn out, bricked barriers. Some days you would skip class to stay here and just sit on the ledge and watch car pass below. Other days you would stay and reminisce before class started on topics like Yoomi, Zelo, Jungkook, and an actual Family.

:::::::

          Time flew by quickly and the next thing you knew was that Jungkook had already left the clean classroom and you were still sweeping the last pieces of dirt into the pan. After throwing away the remaining pieces of grossness into the garbage, you gathered your things and headed outside to the main exit. Once you stepped out you encountered the last person thought you would meet.

“Well, what took you so long?” You rolled your eyes and just brushed past their shoulder, “Oh, come on. You tired because you hauled some , darling?”

“I don’t have time for this, Yoomi.” As you proceeded to walk forward, she grabbed your shoulder and turned you around to face her.

“Yah,” You glanced at her hand and shrugged it off. So, she started to talk, “I just wanted to talk, Haeun, not hurt you.”

“Yeah, cause I was so scared. Now, can you please hurry, I am sort of in a rush to catch up with anything better than this.” You put your hands in your pocket and looked at her with the most unamused eyes.

She exhaled and cracked her neck, “I would like to ask you if you would like to go shopping tomorrow.”

You raised your eyebrows, “Why.”

“Can’t I at least try to be friends with my boyfriend’s best friend?”

Time stopped, the word slipped off her tongue like acid and it spilled right on your heart. Did you hear her correctly or did you hallucinate. For a moment you just stared at as she spoke to you, figuring out what went wrong, “What?”

“Zelo, Yeah, he happens to be my boyfriend now.” Yoomi smirked and watched your expression turn sour.

No way, Junhong would have at least told me this, right? You thought to yourself and began to feel tears welling up in your eyes.

“Oh, He hasn’t told you yet?” Yoomi tiled her oblivious head and watched your eyes weakly meet hers. You shook your head and swallowed, “Okay, well, you can text oppa to give you my number so I’ll know what time we can hang out with each other.” She walked passed you and turned a corner. You stood there frozen with tears slowly falling down, one by one.

Why are you crying, Haeun? You told yourself. You hiccupped with tears running down your face. Slowly, you turned around and walked home.

Left over right, trying not to step on cracks, right over left, and kick the pebble. Those same paces over and over again until you lifted your head to realize that you weren’t in the correct neighborhood, “Where am-“ Turning your head you see a familiar glowing sign, “-I.” You finish your sentence and stare at the, oh so familiar logo.

        Academy of Arts; The sign was so old that three letters’ light bulbs went out and 2 are blinking. Walking closer with curiosity, you pull the door open and hear faint music playing in the background. As you walk down the hallways, your feet wander as if it has memorized where to go and put you in front of a steel door. Cautiously, you slide the door open. After realizing the familiar setting you quickly in and hold in your tears, “Oh. My. God.”

You step inside and look around the familiar ballet studio.

You couldn’t tell what you were feeling at that moment, but all you wanted to do was cry. You held in the tears as much as you could when you touched the lovely, aged metal hand railing or stepped on the creaking wooden floor. You glanced at the mirror and looked at yourself. Turning 180 degrees you do a plié and a twirl. You laugh coldly at first, but when sudden sadness hits, you fall to the ground with blinding tears. Memories flood in like a wild fire and all you could do was hold your head and cry. Though, you had no reason to cry alone, for there was someone watching you with an aching heart standing right in the door way.

 

 

 

 

:::::

OH. MY. GLOB.

Im sososososososososososoososos sorry my loves.

I have been busy and if you haven’t read my first blog post here on Asianfanfics, it explains why. If you want to get updates on my activity, friend request me, I’ll accept and then you will be able to get updates on my blog posts and what nots.

Uhuhu things are unfolding yes? I am so sorry for all of the time periods that I skipped in this chapter, I just didn’t really want to bore you guys with all of the boring scenes.

Okay, now since the story line is set into action things will go smoooothly, I hope.

So, I also want to know where my subscribers are from, comment below, GO!

Tata for now,

Barely-finished

 

he so so cute omfg wtf you little punk.