-3-

Something Beautiful

          It was now the end of the day and you walked to your locker to get your things and go home. When you were nearing your hallway, you thought about what happened during lunch. You looked at your finger and pouted, He is so annoying, like seriously, does he have mood swings or something? First, he acts all tough and rugged and then he is like a vulnerable, hungry little boy. Yet he is just so --. Stop. You can’t let this stranger do this to you. You have way more problems to deal with than this boy, and besides you need to focus on yourself rather than let someone walk all over you. You came out of your thought once you walked into your hallway and saw a giant figure looking through your locker. You pushed the figure and Zelo scowled, “What are you looking for?” You asked as you put your supplies into your bag.

“Lunch, I didn’t eat remember?” He reminded.

“Ah, I finished it all.”

Zelo looked at you surprised, “All of it, as in all of it?”

“Yes, Junhong, I got hungry.” You didn’t like to lie to your best friend, but you had to or else you would have to tell him that someone came into your lair and took your food. Never the less, you had to explain that it was a boy, the same boy who put you through the horrible punishment.

“Don’t lie I know you have a really small appetite, Haeun.”

He caught your drift and you were starting to crack, “Aish, I’m telling the truth Junhong!” You told him while grabbing your backpack, swinging it onto your back and closing your locker.

You walked out of your hallway leaving Zelo trailing behind. Zelo walked to you and grabbed a hold of the strap on the back of backpack, “Aigoo.”

You turned around to see a frustrated Junhong. You gave in and tiptoed to ruffle his hair, “I’ll make you food when we get home okay?” Zelo rolled his eyes but then broke into a smile and nodded his head, “Sometimes I feel as if I’m best friends with a child.”

 Zelo shoved you, “I heard that, you know.”

“You were supposed to, loser.”

Once the two of you arrived at your house you reached into your pocket to pull out that familiar key. Though, your pocket was empty, same with all of your other pockets and neither your backpack nor Zelo’s backpack had any signs of your one and only house key. You started to have a mental break down and cursed yourself for not getting an extra copy of that stupid flower key, “Junhong-ah, I’ll be back okay?” You gave him your backpack and took his skateboard out of his hands.

“Do you even know how to ride?!” Zelo yelled as you rode down the street and all he got was a thumbs-up. Zelo smiled and shook his head looking at your house thinking where a peculiar girl like you would leave it.

:::::::

As you rode down the street you weren’t looking where you were going and you crashed into someone who was also riding a skateboard. Both of your boards landed on the grass and you landed on someone who you have yet to find out. You didn’t want to open your eyes, but you knew you had to and apologize.

“Watch where you are going-“ The person started to say.

You opened your eyes, “Aw, what the hell man!” You told the person, “Where do you even come from!”

Jungkook blinked at you and smirked, “You were the one who practically jumped onto me.”

“Get over yourself.”

“I would be able to once you decide to get the off me.”

You closed your eyes in frustration and rolled off of him. You then heard a clink that sounded of a piece of metal clinking to the pavement. Your eyes darted to the key on the pavement; you reached for it and inspected it, “Why do you have my key?”

“Why do you ask so many questions?” he retorted wiping off all the dirt that was on his uniform pants.

You didn’t have time to fight with him so you picked up Zelo’s skateboard and rode back to your house leaving Jungkook hanging.

:::::

You reached your house gave Zelo his skateboard and opened your front door. You and Zelo plopped your backpacks down onto the carpet and walked into the kitchen, “What do you want?”

“Hmm, Spicy Ramen?“

“Good choice,“ You told him as you took two of the red packets out of your pantry and started to boil water, “Junhong, do you remember when you used to have hair like the noodles in ramen?”

Zelo laughed, “I still do its just-“

“You straighten it more than I do?” You raised your eyebrows in amusement while he cowardly backed out of the conversation.

You put the pot of ramen in between the two of you handing Zelo chopsticks and digging in, “What did you do in Ms. Cho’s class during lunch?”

“I finished taking the notes.”

You looked at him, reaching over and hitting his arm, “Yah, you told me you were finished taking notes!”

“It looked like you needed it more than me and besides, you said you ate lunch all alone which we all know was a big lie, Haeun.”

 “How’d you-“

“When I walked out of Ms. Cho’s class I saw you walk out of the abandoned stairwell and then moments after, Jungkook walked out.” He raised his eyebrows, “Is there something you need to tell me about?”

“Ew, gross!” you pretended to gag, “He just is literally everywhere I freaking go.”

“Sure he is,” Zelo slurped his soup and continued eating.

:::::

                It was now 8 pm on a Thursday night which meant you still had a day left of school until the week turns you loose for the weekend. You walked with Zelo to the midway point which was of course your legendary park that has been your number one setting since that frightful night.

“Goodnight, Junhong.” You waved as he rode down the street to his apartment complex. You turned around with your hands buried deep into your pockets. You looked around and saw that there was no one to watch you, so you climbed up the rock climbing wall and seated yourself at the highest point in the play tower. You crossed your legs and exhaled all while looking at the beautiful skyline that was portrayed in front of you. You started to braid your hair but you froze once you heard footsteps crunching on the mulch. The sound stopped and the gears of the rusty swing set started to creek.

You changed your perspective and looked at the boy on the rusted swing set. He was wearing a black hoodie and was crouched over hold what looked like a picture. Your eyes softened and then heard him speak, “If only I was still with you, if only.”

Your eyes widened, you should have known that calm voice that managed to linger everywhere you go, but it just didn’t ring a bell. You watched them closely and you felt goosebumps arise from your skin as it got more windy and chilly.

Then there was a sound of a sneeze and automatically your mind told you to say, ‘bless you’ and so you did. The figure automatically whipped their head towards you.

“Jungkook? Well, damn, I should have known.” You whispered to yourself.

He squinted his eyes at you and ruffled his hair, “What the do you think you are doing here?”

You got up and leaned your body on the plastic wall, “I could ask you the same thing.”

Jungkook knew that he wasn’t going to let his guard down any more so he knew he had to go to full lock down mode, “Just because we chatted a bit at lunch doesn’t mean I like you any more than I did when I first stepped foot in that horrible school,” Jungkook looked up and down at your body, “Besides, why would I hang out with a girl that has the body of a 10 year old boy?”

Your jaw dropped slightly but you picked it up and turned to a scowl, “Yah-“

“-save your petty comebacks, I’ve probably heard it all anyways.”  Jungkook got off the rusted old swing set and walked back down the street to the apartment complex.

Yeah, go back to your apartment! You thought to yourself, and then it hit you, Wait, he lives in the same complex as Junhong?

 

 

::::::

Tadah!

I’m back with an update for you lovely subscribers! I’ll try to update every day for the rest of the week because on June 22 or 23 I will leave for Florida and come back around July 1st or 2nd. I might not update on the days in between those dates, but I hope the place we are staying at has wifi so I could try to fit in some chapters!

I love you guys,

Barely-finished.

This life ruiner boy. OMFG I SWEAR I CREY ERRYDAY.