-6-

Something Beautiful

You and Jungkook were having a light hearted conversation for a couple of minutes that was filled with snarky, childish comebacks. After a while you two got in quite a deep conversation.

“You know yesterday night when we met here?” You looked at Jungkook and looked back at the calm pond, “You were holding a photograph of a girl, who was it?” Jungkook looked up at you and wouldn’t look away. You began to feel a little uncomfortable, “Or you don’t have to-“

“-my younger sister.” Jungkook answered calmly.

“What?”

“That girl in the picture was my younger sister.” Jungkook got up and dusted his pants, “I’m leaving.”

“Why?” You didn’t mean to seem clingy, but you just wanted to figure him out. You wanted to know his story.

“I don’t hang out with girls who have the body of a 10 year old boy remember?” Jungkook smirked and left you once again, alone and curious.

You meekly smiled and looked at the gravel that was underneath your feet. You started to kick it in groups just around the street until you wandered upon that familiar driveway.

:::::::::

The sunlight peeked through your navy blue curtains. It was a Saturday morning, but you looked at your clock. Well, it was morning 4 hours ago; it was now 3 in the afternoon. You placed your back flat against the light blue mattress and stared at the blank white ceiling. You recalled going to sleep at 5 in the morning because your mind was too active to fall asleep. Your mind filled with memories, moments, stories of a perfect family. With the perfect family idea in mind you would compare yours to your perceptions. Your family was nothing; it was just a broken, holed relationship.

Your phone rang and your hand lazily pressed the answer button, “Hello?”

“Good morning Haeun.”  Your best friend greeted.

“Good morning to you too, Junhong, what’s up?”

“I was wondering if you would like to go to that underground rap station today.”

“Oh yeah, sure what time-“

“-at 6, with Yoomi.” Zelo quickly added at the ending.

“Junhong, I don’t know if you noticed, but the underground rap station isn’t a place where you bring new comers. I mean, it took me at least a year and a half to finally realize that your groups of friends were actually underground rappers.”

“Before you rant off any more, Haeun, she’s cool.” Zelo covered.

“Cool?”

“I know you don’t like her, but she seems decent. I think she could really be a good addition to our group of friends-“

“She seems decent, Junhong. She could be so different than you perceive her to be.”

“I beg you, give her a shot, please?”

You sighed and ran your fingers through your hair, “I’ll see you at 6.” With that you hung up your phone, still a little sour from what he told you last night and telling you that Yoomi would be a good addition. You rolled your eyes, God Junhong. She better be as good as you say she is. I mean giving her a day and taking her to abandoned train station? It took me freaking two years to get in.

::::::::

                5:45 PM was what it read on your phone. You were dressed in a simple muscle tee tucked underneath a pair of high waisted shorts. You put on your vans and walked out of your house. You loved to be able to see the underground rap station that Junhong always talked about. It truly fascinated you by all of the stickers and signs lining the dirty walls. The best part was seeing those who you were connected to perform; the way they spit words like venom in seconds was breathtakingly captivating.

You reached your destination and slid through the opening of the door. You saw your group and spotted Yoomi. She was wearing a skin tight black dress that ended mid-thigh.  You rolled your eyes and walked toward them, “Hey guys!”

They each greeted you and then Yoomi spoke, “Oh, Zelo didn’t tell me that you were coming.”

“Well, Zelo hasn’t told you a lot of things.”

“But he told me about this place right?” She smirked in satisfaction as she saw your sour reaction. You gave her a cold smile when Zelo pulled you to his side.

“Be nice for me, okay?” Zelo gritted through the smile on his face.

“for you,” You smiled and looked up at him, “Never.” You dropped your smile and walked to the bathroom. You check patted your already angered cheeks and put on a smile. As irritated as I am, it’s for Junhong, this is for Junhong.  You reminded yourself. You walked out of the women’s bathroom and bumped into someone.

You looked at his face, “Well, We meet again.” You boy with the swollen lip told you. You recalled Jungkook apologizing on his behalf, so his name was V?

Jungkook looked at your interaction with his hyung, Aish, hyung, don’t start again. I don’t want to be the one who forces you off this time.

:::::::::

You walked past the familiar boy with the swollen lip and looked behind him. There stood Jungkook with Yoomi.

You looked at Zelo but he didn’t even acknowledge that she was gone, God Junhong, control your pets. You walked toward them and sat on the couch next to Jungup. After Zelo, Jungup was your next best friend; unlike Zelo, Jungup was a sweet, gentle boy who didn’t really care who you were. He would like you how you are if you accept him as well. Though that wasn’t the only reason why he was your best friend, from the moment you met him, he could automatically read your expressions, “Do you see her, Jungup?”

“Oh, Yoomi, yeah what about her?”

“Isn’t there something off about her?”

“No.”

“Of course, to you there isn’t.” You sighed to yourself. You already knew what his answer was and you wondered why you even bothered to ask. You leaned your chin on your hands that were propped on your knees. You squinted at them, do they know each other? You watched closer as she would occasionally touch Jungkook’s arms and lightly smack his shoulder as he responded to her questions with an unamused face. Ew, stop Yoomi, just stop. You gagged while you buried your face in your hands.

“Are okay?”

You looked up saw Zelo, “Yeah, just learn how to control your pets.” Zelo furrowed his eyes in curiosity and watched as you pointed to Yoomi. Zelo rolled his eyes and strides over to where Jungkook and Yoomi were stationed. You laughed at how Yoomi changed from a total bag with Jungkook to an innocent child with Zelo. Her and Zelo make their way toward you and that was your cue to get up and maybe spend your time in the library and what not, just anywhere else than breathing the same air as the she devil.

You were about to leave but you heard a voice that made you feel as if your shoes were super glued to the floor, You turned around and saw Jungkook freestyle like he own the place. You happily scoffed and watched as walked to and fro on the stage occasionally reaching out to touch people’s hands. Damn Jungkook, you got skill. You laughed as you caught the wink he gave you from on the stage. There was just something about his voice that hypnotized you. It wasn’t like Zelo’s. Zelo’s raps are more based off of speed and occasionally what the other members are saying. Jungkook’s was a different story. His story was so alluring and ominous, though periodically it would glow through his nature.

“Do you like him?”

You spun around to find your runner up best friend, “Eh?”

“Jungkook, do you like him?” Jungup asked as he slowly sipped his water.

“No,” You looked at him in disbelief, “I was just observing.”

“Observing, yeah sure, just like how Zelo observes you?” He smirked.

What he said confused you, “Wait, can you repeat that?”

“Just watch him.” Jungup put the palm of his hand on your head and redirected it to the stage.

“I don’t want to anymore, you are making me uncomfortable.” You pouted, “Besides, I have to go home early today, I don’t want my night to be wasted here.”

“Wasted? Where else would you spend your time?”

“I don’t know, the library, at the park, or just read.” You strode past Jungup and past the sticker branded walls. You were about to exit when someone rushed ahead of you and out of the building. You took your time walking to the door, admiring the beautiful brandings. You reached out to touch the door handles, when someone pulled it open. You bumped into the person’s chest, which caused you to lose balance. The person grabbed your wrist before you could fall. You prayed that it wasn’t V or whatever his name was. You opened your eyes and inspected the face, Jungkook? What the hell, weren’t you just on stage like 30 seconds ago?

“Yes.”

You stiffened, “Did I say that out loud?”

Jungkook slightly chuckled, “Yeah, I just really got light headed and needed an easy escape. I can’t tolerate the smell of cigarettes and soju for a long time.”

“Shouldn’t you be used to it by now?” you asked as you fixed your shirt.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows, “What’s that supposed to mean? Just because I have smelt smoke and beer for a long period of time doesn’t mean I get used to it. I didn’t choose this path, I just went along with what was planned for me.”

“So you don’t actually like music?”

“I never said that, miss ditch a rap battle for books.” Jungkook said as he watched you walk out the door. Jungkook bit his lip contemplating for a while and then rushed through the slip in between the closing door, “Haeun, wait.”

You spun around to be facing Jungkook, “What?”

“Are you going to study for the English test this Friday?”

“Yeah.” You told him slowly, but impatiently.

“I was wondering, would you be able to tutor me since I don’t really know anything or how to prepare for it? Besides, for a 10 year old boy, you aren’t half that bad in school.”

You looked to your left and back at him, “Fine, but there are rules.”

 

:::::::::

Rules, bringing it old school!

HOLLA AT MY 150thchild SUBSCRIBER FreakyJJ!! Thank you so much for subscribing to this awkward story!

I haven’t updated a lot this week due to this freaking wifi and how tight my schedule was. I have gone to Animal kingdom, magic kingdom, Universal studios, Orlando Premium Outlets, and Fantasy Land.

I swear it’s so hot I’m going to die /flips table, but holds the laptop while doing so cause I love my baby/

Updating when I can,

Barely finished.