Part 9

Love Dust

I had HELL of last two weeks but I really do hope that from now on things will get more stable and I'll go back to posting much more regularly, maybe even more often. I just wanna ask for some feedback because lately I feel like I'm writing into empty space. Are any KyuMin shippers still left? Where are you guys! Also I was at SS5 London and I plan to post a fanaccount soonish, with next part most probably. This chapter is VERY short, but don't worry, next one will come fast, in a few days the most, I SWEAR!

***

He didn’t even know he already got used to Sungmin’s sudden appearances so much because it seemed too silent without the other creeping around. He was going around his own duties until 8pm and then plopped onto the couch with leftovers from the dinner. He felt at ease in that apartment, probably due to the fact that he cleaned it and furnished a little all by himself – with Sungmin’s money.

 

Quite early for him, because only at midnight, he made himself comfortable in the guest room. Bathroom was huge and clean, he installed anti-centipede nets and so he decided that he’ll use the huge tub. And while lying in the hot water he decided he could get used to living in such place.

 

***

 

It was the middle of the night when Kyuhyun heard a crash and fell off the bed. Another crash made him stagger up and feel his way out of the room because he couldn’t remember in his drowsy state where the light switch was.

 

The hallway was already good enough for him not to bump into the wall and the living room was bathed in the moonlight from the floor to the ceiling window.

 

Looking through the small slit when his eyes managed to open Kyuhyun walked towards the kitchen from where the sounds were coming. He peeked inside cautiously.

 

Sungmin’s unmistakable form was rummaging through the cupboard over the counter.

 

‘Ugh, Sungmin.’ Kyuhyun croaked out and cleared his throat.

 

Slowly the composer turned to him. ‘Kyu?’ His voice was very low and laced with sleep through and through.

 

A little surprised at the nickname Kyuhyun stepped more into the kitchen. In this light Sungmin was looking like a homeless person with his beard and moustache already in an impressive growth state for a Korean male whose legs were smooth as baby’s bum. His hair was as long as to graze his shoulders and it probably would be longer if it weren’t all wavy and wrinkled by the hair ties he was wearing constantly. He was still in the same clothes Kyuhyun put him to sleep in sans his colorful socks. It wasn’t a pretty sight and Kyuhyun wondered how it would be possible to make him look presentable to show on TV.

 

Sungmin swayed a little and fell against Kyuhyun’s chest. ‘ ‘m hungry…’ He mumbled.

 

Wrapping one arm around smaller guy’s shoulders so that he wouldn’t fall Kyuhyun reached around him into the cupboard. He easily found a bag with chips he made himself that day and closed the cupboard. Homemade snacks were much healthier and he was trying to make new ones almost every day.

 

He turned while still holding Sungmin and they walked slowly to the composer’s bedroom. He left the man propped against the wall with the bag of chips in hands and he straightened the sheets before leading Sungmin to the bed. He took the snack from the other’s hands, although with some difficulty posted by the iron clutch Sungmin was holding them in, and opened it. Taking one chips out he fed it to the man who immediately bit into it despite having his eyes closed.

 

The process repeated a few times until Sungmin hung his head down and started to breath evenly. Kyuhyun sighed and put the chips inside the bottom drawer of the nightstand and tucked Sungmin back in.

 

When he was already lying in bed he stared at the ceiling. He was wondering why he didn’t even feel irritated that he had to take care of the man.

 

***

 

The same thing repeated two more times the following day, each time Sungmin was so out of it that Kyuhyun had to feed him. Thankfully physiological needs the man was able to take care of himself since Kyuhyun never had to participate in the act. Other than those two times Kyuhyun was left for himself for the whole day. He calmly took care of some bills without Sungmin hanging off his shoulder like he enjoyed doing more often than not. He tested a few new recipes and wiped the furniture. And still the day seemed to drag on and on until the evening.

 

By 10 pm Sungmin was still out cold, snoring contentedly in his bed so Kyuhyun got ready for the second night at his boss’s place. This time testing the shower with all of the massaging options.

 

***

 

So you plan of coming back ever? Because I need to know if I have to find another source of rent.’ Donghae’s voice was pouring through the speaker while Kyuhyun was shaving his almost nonexistent stubble.

 

‘I’ll come tonight. Sungmin should be up and going before noon, I prepared the food to reheat and did everything else so I’ll try dropping by university and coning notes from someone. And then I’ll come.’ Younger explained as he washed his face and toweled it. His hair was a mess but he was still looking like a million dollars in comparison to Sungmin.

 

Okay, you can buy some food cause I’m out of it.’ And Hae hung up. Kyuhyun glared at his phone and muttered nasty curses directed towards his friend.

 

He was about to get out of the bathroom and change in the room when he heard the doorbell. Quickly putting on t- he already threw into the washing basket he rushed to the door so that the person behind it didn’t use the doorbell again. Sungmin was supposed to wake up on his own not because of some idiot.

 

And talking about idiots – Hyukjae was standing behind the door with huge bags in both of his hands and stuffed man-purse on his shoulder.

 

‘Hello Kyunnie, how is my favorite house help doing?’ Hyukjae chirped and pushed his way into the hallway, his shoes off the moment he touched the marble floor.

 

Kyuhyun raised his brow at the greeting before realization hit him. ‘I’m not helping you with Hae you twerp.’ Kyuhyun spun on his heel and walked towards the guest room to change. He only heard Hyukjae calling him nasty brat before the stylist disappeared in Sungmin’s bedroom, probably to attempt on waking the man before starting with the makeover.

 

***

 

Hyukjae lounged around the living room doing practically nothing but watching TV all morning since he didn’t succeed in waking Sungmin. The composer only emerged from his bedroom quarter past noon making a bee line towards the kitchen. This time he was already awake and Kyuhyun was surprised to see almost no eye bags under his eyes. There was still a shadow of them but his eyes for the first time in a long time weren’t bloodshot. His skin went back to slightly pinkish color and he must have showered because his face wasn’t oily. All in all he looked like a homeless person who managed to get into a nicer shelter for the night.

 

Without a word Kyuhyun put lunch before the man who eyed it with suspicion. Then he looked at Kyuhyun.

 

‘Heechul’s pills?’ He asked, his voice still groggy. Kyuhyun only nodded. ‘This one is safe?’ Again Kyuhyun gave a positive answer. ‘Heechul is an .’ He commented and dug into his food.

 

Hyukjae was trying to get his attention but only after the plate was empty and Sungmin got his chocolate milk with a straw, he noticed his friend there. Groaning, because he knew what was awaiting him, he dismissed Kyuhyun for the day.

 

After packing his things and setting the guest room in order Kyuhyun wondered what kind of miracle would have to happen to make Sungmin look like a proper human in less than 24 hours when even after 30 hours of sleep he was still like a hobo.

 

***

 

Finding a loser to borrow notes from wasn’t hard and half an hour after entering his department Kyuhyun was already in possession of copies from the last two days’ lectures. He wished it took him much longer because even after all the grocery shopping he did for himself and for Donghae he walked in on his roommate procreating against the wall in the hallway of their apartment.

 

While sitting on the hard concrete of their staircase and listening to shrieks of yet another blond bimbo Kyuhyun wondered if Sungmin would notice if he moved into the guest room permanently.

 

***

 

He didn’t know how it happened that the sound of key turning in the lock of Sungmin’s apartment door made him feel as if he passed a very hard level in his games. He had a small quarrel with Donghae the previous night about bringing stupid hoes into their apartment when he could bang them the same at the backstreet of his restaurant. The older didn’t take well to his dongsaeng yelling at him and so Kyuhyun was banned to sleeping on their couch. From a king sized bed to a couch in less than 24 hours.

 

Already listing in his head the things he had to do in the flat Kyuhyun walked pass the slightly ajar door to Sungmin’s bedroom. Lately the man was feeling comfortable enough with him around that whenever he was working he was leaving the door open in case Kyuhyun called him for food. For anything other - like running, Sungmin always pretended to be very busy with work.

 

Humming again to himself Kyuhyun set his bag on the table and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. It was hot outside, summer being in a full bloom. He heard some shifting and knew that Sungmin was going out from his room. He needed his signature on one of the bills and so he grabbed it from the envelope stuck to the fridge with a pumpkin shaped magnet.

 

He was looking down at the document checking if everything was okay with it when he heard the voice.

 

‘Kyuhyun.’ It was the same familiar voice he knew and he smiled. Raising his head he expected to see the same mop of black unruly hair and nasty stubble.

 

His eyes landed on the person standing in front of him and he froze on spot. Both of his arms fell to his sides and he withdrew from the step he almost took.

 

‘Who… are you?’ He asked in a quiet voice.