Part 6

Love Dust

 

1. Going on strict hiatus, don't know when I'll be back (but I'll BE back).

2. No contact unless you know my email and that is only in case of emergencies.

***

The day after Heechul wanted to beat up his star composer happened something that made Kyuhyun reconsider his luck about his job. Since the beginning he thought he couldn’t find a worse one considering the piles of garbage and biohazard present in every single corner of the apartment and the slob of the employer.

 

He was on his knees washing the stain that Sungmin left on the carpet in front of the couch the day before when he was obviously eating the spaghetti Bolognese that Kyuhyun left him to heat up in the fridge. One of the meatballs must have fallen off the plate because the stain was quite big and splash around it indicated a round object. But there was no sign of the meatball itself and Kyuhyun was glad he cleaned so thoroughly he himself would eat from the floor because otherwise he would pour bleach down Sungmin’s throat if he ate anything from the carpet before. The bleach would be probably less deadly than the fungus that already made itself at home in the carpet before.

 

Murmuring to himself how he would add grated leek, which Sungmin obviously disliked judging from how it was always picked out from all dishes, into his soup for lunch Kyuhyun almost missed the doorbell. Only after the second round of rings he jumped up and still muttering profanities directed towards his employer he went to the door. He was acting as a butler and host now too since Sungmin was already too lazy to even answer the door and greet his guests. Heechul was letting himself in with the second spare key. They definitely were spoiling the composer too much.

 

With annoyed expression Kyuhyun swung the door open. In the hallway there was a man dressed all in black. He was wearing pants that were going to around his knees and flip-flops. He had a vest thrown over black t-shirt with some English phrase written on it. On his neck there were three silver chains of different length and with different pendants. His face was covered by enormous glasses and he had baseball cap pulled over his platinum blonde hair. In overall he was looking quite normal aside from the hair but after the carroty thing that was occupying Donghae’s hair for three months Kyuhyun couldn’t be surprised by anything anymore.

 

The person seemed familiar to Kyuhyun but he couldn’t place where he had seen the man before. His face was covered too much to see it properly.

 

‘Yes?’ He asked hoping that it’s not another crazy neighbor of Sungmin. He eyed Siwon’s door from the corner of his eye.

 

‘I assume Sungmin’s home?’ The voice was husky and low and made the man even more familiar.

 

‘Holed in the studio, he has work to finish.’ Kyuhyun informed quickly. He somehow felt the need to be polite with this guest.

 

‘I know, he’s working on my songs.’ The man stepped forward despite not being invited in. he moved past Kyuhyun and into the apartment.

 

Kyuhyun closed the door and followed him. He observed how he took off his cap and glasses. Suddenly Kyuhyun’s eyes grew to trice their size and he opened his mouth wide.

 

The man turned to him and smiled. ‘Kim Jongwoon. Nice to meet you, you must be that famous house help that finally cleaned this dumpster.’ He bowed a little and looked with amusement at how Kyuhyun spluttered.

 

‘YESUNG!’ Kyuhyun exclaimed and immediately took out his phone to take the picture. When he was satisfied with it he pocketed it again returning to gaping at the male.

 

‘You know, I don’t exactly like when people photograph me without my consent…’ The man who introduced himself as Kim Jongwoon and who Kyuhyun knew from music shows as Yesung murmured, smile disappearing from his face.

 

‘Don’t mind him, he’s an .’ Suddenly Sungmin appeared by Kyuhyun’s side. ‘Close your mouth.’ He placed his hand under his house help’s chin and pushed it up. ‘I want some cookies. And black coffee.’

 

‘But this is Yesung!’ Kyuhyun looked at the male beside him not caring that Stinky just touched him for the first time and he wasn’t even… stinky.

 

‘And I’m Lee Sungmin and want some coffee. Bring me some or the next time I see centipede in my shower I’ll leave it for you instead of killing and disposing of it. Your girly shriek and mumbling in the hallway proved you’re not exactly fond of them, brat.’ The composer raised his brow which was visible since that day’s hairdo included many small ponytails all over Sungmin’s head. Kyuhyun could clearly see two yellowish pimples on his forehead too.

 

‘And who’s the here…’ Kyuhyun murmured while going to the kitchen.

 

While setting the water and putting the cookies on the decorative plate, which he purchased that day since it would definitely go with the new curtains he bought, Kyuhyun was pouting. That was Yesung! Kyuhyun wasn’t exactly a huge music fan but that man sitting with Stinky in the living room was this year’s favorite singer of everyone. He had a very successful comeback at the beginning of the year with edgy rock song followed soon after by a ballad that Kyuhyun found himself humming more often than he would admit to. He sang an OST song for one of the hit dramas that year and was rumored to be coming back again at the beginning of the summer.

 

Suddenly it hit Kyuhyun. With Yesung’s face and voice everywhere he couldn’t avoid reading a little more on him leading him to learn that all of singer’s hits from the previous two years were created by the same person. A composer going by the name VitaMin. Min. SungMIN.

 

With cookies bouncing on the plate and coffee almost spilling from the mugs Kyuhyun run to the living room and stopped in front of his employer who was sitting with feet tucked under himself on the couch while Yesung was sprawled in one of the armchairs.

 

‘You’re VitaMin!’ Kyuhyun yelled gaping at Sungmin.

 

Both Yesung and Sungmin kept blinking at the boy in frilly pink apron. The blonde turned towards his composer.

 

‘And how long he’s been working for you?’

 

Sungmin tilted his head and looked at the wall where his gaze lingered for a longer moment before he shrugged and reached for a cookie.

 

Altering his look from gaping Kyuhyun to contentedly munching Sungmin Yesung sighed.

 

‘Birds of feather flock together, huh…’

 

***

 

‘Yesung, Hae, freaking YESUNG!’ Kyuhyun was bouncing on his bed while holding a pillow.

 

Donghae was holding his sides, eyebrows raised at how his flatmate was obviously fangirling on his bed. He was like that since he came back from work. Apparently it turned out that his employer was some hot shot composer who made music for most popular singers in Korea recently. Of course Donghae knew who Yesung was. The man was everywhere. He didn’t see what was so great in seeing him personally. It wasn’t as if he were Boa or that tall girl with legs that went for miles from SNSD – those he would be excited to see, preferably in his bed.

 

‘Want some herbal tea?’ Hae lifted the cup he brewed a moment before. A pillow got thrown at his head and Kyuhyun run away to the bathroom.
 

***

 

Kyuhyun was washing the dishes in the kitchen trying to forget the sight he was a witness of a moment before. Heechul came to pick up material Sungmin was working on the last two days. Of course the composer managed to finish it and Kyuhyun was glad he could stop humming for a few days, he was running out of songs to hum already. But the point was that Heechul didn’t come alone. He appeared at the door with a dirty blond male dressed in very low cut top and tight white pants. From the perfectly sculpted arms and chest Kyuhyun assumed he was of Siwon’s kind, but the dimple when he smiled and the overall niceness emanating from the male made Kyuhyun tone down on the snark. Man’s name was Park Jungsu. His stage name Leeteuk and he was a photo model. On the remark that Kyuhyun hadn’t seen him in anything the other replied only that he probably wasn’t exactly interested in the type of magazines he was appearing in.

 

Kyuhyun decided that everyone who somehow associated with Sungmin was either a freak or a ert.

 

After Sungmin presented his agent with two envelopes and closed himself back in his bedroom Heechul laughed out loud and turned to the man that came with him. He grabbed him in the middle and bent backwards while kissing him. Kyuhyun gagged at the hint of tongue involved and retreated to his haven – kitchen.

 

Currently, he was trying to forget all the groping and sounds that were coming for a moment from the living room before the two men remembered where they were and probably went away to continue somewhere else. Not that Kyuhyun was against it. It’s just that idea of kissing Heechul was especially repulsive to him.

 

Unconsciously he started humming a ballad he heard in the subway that day while drying plates. He had some bills to take care of that day and since he convinced Sungmin to move his lazy and punch in some numbers into the computer he could pay for everything not leaving the apartment. The previous month when he had to run around the offices whole day was too much for his lacking in exercise body. He started wondering if he didn’t suffer from hidden asthma.

 

‘I finished.’ The voice suddenly came from right behind him and Kyuhyun barely managed to catch the mug that flew up from his hands. He hoped Sungmin wouldn’t ever mention the screech that left his lips.

 

Breathing deep to calm his heart Kyuhyun turned his head a little. Sungmin was standing mere centimeters from him and in a moment composers body slowly pressed into his back and the man plastered himself against the younger male with his whole frame. Kyuhyun became rigid. He didn’t want to move a muscle because he wasn’t sure what was going on and if there was anything that could make the situation worse.

 

‘I’m tired…’ Sungmin murmured, his cheek rubbing against Kyuhyun’s shoulder blade. He was simply leaning on his house help with his whole weight.

 

‘Go sleep.’ Kyuhyun managed to push through his throat. He remembered what Heechul told him about clinging tendencies Sungmin had sometimes but this was unexpected. For more than one reason too. Sniffing a few times Kyuhyun’s brows furrowed. ‘You don’t stink.’

 

There was a low growl. ‘Well, thank you.’

 

‘No, I mean, I always told you to bath and even after it there was always that… smell.’ He avoided using worse epithet.

 

‘Today I used shampoo you put there.’ He said and turned his head, now his other cheek was rubbing in-between Kyuhyun’s shoulders.

 

‘And you haven’t before?!’ Kyuhyun spun around with shock making Sungmin bump into his chest and snuggle into it.

 

‘Nope, too much bother.’ He mumbled and nuzzled into the StarCraft logo on Kyuhyun’s t-shirt.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. ‘Go to sleep if you’re that tired.’

 

Suddenly Sungmin’s arms were around his waist holding him tight. ‘I need human contact and I can’t have hookers. This is addition to your job.’ His voice was drowsy and he was becoming heavier and heavier.

 

‘Being your cuddle bear.’ Kyuhyun quoted Heechul.

 

Sungmin only nodded. Sighing Kyuhyun waited until he felt that the other male became completely slack but still conscious. He gently grabbed him by his shoulders and pushed him away slowly. Subjecting to the hands directing him Sungmin turned slowly around, his eyes closed. He was mumbling something unintelligible under his nose while Kyuhyun was leading him out of the kitchen and to his bedroom. When they were already by the bed Kyuhyun pushed at the man’s shoulder making him fall face first on the bed. Even that didn’t wake Sungmin who just snuggled into his sheets and started to snore just a little.

 

Tiptoeing as silently as possible Kyuhyun went out of the room and closed the door. He stood for a moment behind them.

 

He didn’t know if he was simply getting used to the man or if he was subjected to so much insanity during his work, but the fact that Sungmin wanted to use him as his cuddle bear wasn’t that shocking. Or repulsive.

 

***

 

‘What’s up with him?’ Ryeowook asked from over his beer while looking at Kyuhyun who was constantly wiping condensation circles that were appearing whenever he lifted the bottle to drink.

 

‘Withdrawal of fumes from whatever cleaning chemicals he’s using in that apartment.’ Donghae replied despite the fact that he was eying some skimpy dressed blond sitting with a couple of friends a few tables from them.

 

‘Huh? So he finally got fired?’ Wook raised his brows because the last time he remembered Kyuhyun was still working there.

 

‘Nah, he got a message this morning not to come because the guy wanted to sleep without any disruptions. So he’s sulking.’ The blond turned around and proved to be as short in beauty as short her dress was. Scrunching his face Hae returned to his drink. He didn’t want to see what was under all that make up. Luck wasn’t on his side this Friday night.

 

‘None of your flames want to get screwed over tonight?’ Kyuhyun barked and took a swing from his beer. He earned a glare from his friend who decided to leave that comment unanswered.

 

‘Aren’t we spending a nice evening?’ Ryeowook sing sang. His band was taking an evening off from performing and he was free to just hang out with his friends. Although he wished they were a little more civilized instead of being Neanderthals.

 

‘So what’s up with your job?’ He finally asked Kyuhyun himself. The boy threw him one exasperated look before chugging down whole bottle and raising his hand to signal to the waitress to bring another round. In that moment Ryeowook took in his appearance. Gone were wrinkled t-shirts and torn jeans. For once he was wearing a nice grey v-neck and black pants that looked new. Also his hair seemed brushed and fluffy. He finally got rid of the perm.

 

‘The slob pulled through about 72 hours without sleep, shower and his snacks. His fuel was coffee and he started to behave like a koala bear when he finished. I couldn’t pry him of me until he fell asleep standing. I thought the moron would be sleeping until Monday and I could do some actual laundry finally today. I swear I’m going to mix green peas into his sushi next time and tell him it’s wasabi.’ Kyuhyun snarled and huffed.

 

So only appearance changed. It was still the same mean and forever annoyed Kyuhyun. Ryeowook sighed with relief.

 

‘Also I’m worried about the trash that’ll arise again after two days. And stains. He doesn’t have to do anything and I swear stains just appear EVERYWHERE.’ Suddenly Kyuhyun exploded. ‘His bills are an accountant’s nightmare. Everything is in a different place, if I didn’t intercept his mail something could just end in the shredder he finally started to use instead of throwing papers around the place. But now he shreds everything that isn’t his work!’

 

Ryeowook was looking at his friend with wide eyes while Donghae just sighed. He already heard that rant a few times.

 

‘So why don’t you quit?’ Wook asked.

 

There was a moment of silence before Kyuhyun put his head on the table. ‘Cause he would die without me there already.’ Then he looked up. ‘Let me rephrase – his agent would kill me if I let him die after he got stuck in the fungus that can grow in his shower.’

 

Ryeowook scrunched his face with disgust while Donghae remained unfazed. That was also something he heard. Along with many many MANY disgusting details of how bad the apartment was before Kyuhyun raided it with mops, wipes and vacuum.

 

And so the evening was positively spoiled.

 

***

 

On Monday morning Kyuhyun swallowed two tranquilizers he stole from Hae's date box, counted to twenty and hoped for the best when he opened the door to the apartment. At the first sniff he knew something was wrong. It wasn’t the same stench that was lingering around before, this time it seemed something got burned. With a whimper he kicked off his shoes and run to the kitchen not even thinking about putting on his slippers.

 

As he expected after smelling the burn, the cooker was covered with dried water and foam that boiled over. There were three pots on it, each black on the outside and inside, and their contents indistinguishable. Sink was full of small bowls, mugs, plates, tea brewing swivel, food bits and utensils. Counter on the side was completely occupied with take-out boxes and under it stood two bags full of trash and he was sure there was one spilling over under the sink too. Coffee machine had dirty, used filter in it, something obviously exploded in the microwave and he didn’t even want to look around the cupboards.

 

Breathing heavily to calm himself Kyuhyun retreated from the kitchen and dropped his bag onto the dining table were clothes and papers were already littering its surface. More plates and cups were in various places in the living room along with candy wraps and magazines.

 

He closed his eyes for a moment. And then went straight to the bedroom door and pounded on them.

 

‘I wasn’t here only one day, how did you manage to trash the place?!’ He yelled and with satisfaction registered surprised yelp from inside the room. Of course the door didn’t open and he pounded more on it. ‘I know you’re in there! I don’t care what you’re doing, I’m going in!’ He pressed the handle and it gave under his hand.

 

He didn’t exactly expect the sight he was welcomed with when he opened the door. He only managed to see part of Sungmin, his leg, before the man’s whole form disappeared into the bathroom and the door to it shut with a loud bang. It would be fine, he knew that the other was escaping because of the mess he made, but there was something else. A girl was gathering her things from the ground, her bare shining at Kyuhyun as she bent down.

 

Blinking a few times Kyuhyun tried to wrap his mind around the situation before it dawned on him. Anger arose in him and he could feel the hotness spreading all over his face and neck. He was furious.

 

‘Which agency are you from?!’ He yelled storming into the room and stopping only when he was close to the girl. She was hastily putting on her skimpy dress.

 

‘None.’ She replied without looking at him.

 

Taken aback Kyuhyun furrowed his brows. ‘You’re not a hooker?’

 

With raised brow she smirked at him. ‘You think I would bang that thing if I didn’t get paid for it?’ She asked and popped chewing gum into before pulling on her jacket and walking around him.

 

Kyuhyun walked behind her watching her closely in case she tried to grab something on her way out. When she was about to exit he grabbed her arm and spun her around. Flinching in disgust he took the hand of her and wiped it on his jeans.

 

‘Empty your bag here.’ He ordered pointing at her quite spacious purse. And he knew he hit a jackpot when her eyes widened and she pressed the bag closer to her body.

 

‘I didn’t take~’

 

‘I’m calling for police, you’re probably unregistered and illegal judging from your accent, also you stole valuable things, this doesn’t look good, you know?’ He smirked as she hastily turned her bag over. And so, Sungmin’s phone and credit card fell out of it along with silver ashtray, tablet which Kyuhyun used to pay the bills and control Sungmin’s schedule with, USB drive with a golden clef pendant attached to it and some jewelry. She also pulled out the money which Sungmin must have paid her earlier and threw it into Kyuhyun’s chest before turning quickly and running out. She didn’t know that Kyuhyun still could call the security guard downstairs and have her caught. But he didn’t intend to do it. He probably managed to retrieve everything. Sighing he crouched and started to pick up the things.

 

When everything was gathered in his arms he walked back into the bedroom. He placed the things on the night table and straightened the bed before dumping everything again onto it. He didn’t expect Sungmin to come out on his own free will but there weren’t any locks in the bathroom door so his job was made easier. He walked to the door and pushed it. Sungmin was standing next to the shower cabin, showered and with wet hair, his clothes clean. He was probably trying to lessen the preaching time Kyuhyun had ready to give him. He was looking at the shower glass and tracing patterns in the steam that was covering it.

 

‘Come to the room and see what she already had in her purse.’ Kyuhyun said while standing in the doorway before he turned and walked to stay beside the bed.

 

Sungmin followed uncertainly as if the other male were to pounce on him and harm him somehow. He slid against the wall until he was in close proximity to the bed and could look at it without getting too close to Kyuhyun. His eyes swept the things lying on the bed and they widened when they landed on one particular object. He lounged forward so fast Kyuhyun didn’t even know he was capable of, and grabbed the USB drive with the clef pendant. He closed his palm tight around the thing and looked at Kyuhyun with wide eyes.

 

‘My songs.’ He said in a quiet voice. ‘When did she…’

 

‘I don’t know and I don’t care but I’m calling Heechul.’ Kyuhyun already had his phone out and ready to press the speed dial to the agent. He really wanted to inform him about the situation considering that the girl managed to get her hands on a few important objects. But before his finger even touched the screen his wrist got caught in a tight grip. He looked surprised at Sungmin who was standing beside him with pleading in his huge eyes. Kyuhyun thought that on someone else they might even look cute.

 

‘Don’t. I won’t call or pick them up from the streets anymore, I’ll exercise when you tell me and I won’t make a mess.’ He stopped and hesitated for a second before speaking cautiously. ‘I’ll try not to make a mess. As much.’

 

Kyuhyun raised brow at the pleading coming from his employer. It never even crossed his mind how strange it must have looked that the man who was paying him for cleaning was so dependent on him. Shaking his head he lowered his phone and tried something that had small chance of affecting the man. Or so he thought.

 

‘Once more and I’m quitting.’

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened even more and he nodded fast. ‘Don’t. I can’t have only take out anymore.’ He whimpered.

 

‘And I know you have a car, I want to use it for shopping.’ Now he was pushing it, he knew it. But since Sungmin was loaded he must have had some really amazing car and Kyuhyun wanted to check it out. He only saw the keys in his employer’s room but could never make out what was the brand since the pendant with logo was replaced with one of a pumpkin.

 

Sungmin tilted his head to the side, eyebrows raised before he shrugged his shoulders. ‘Sure.’ And he was back to his hermit personality as he gathered his phone and went to his studio.

 

Kyuhyun knew they reached some new understanding. And he could finally check out what surely was an awesome car of his employer.

 

***

 

Honda Civic?!’

 

Kyuhyun’s yell bounced off the walls of the underground garage. He was standing in front of a white Honda Civic that was occupying the place under Sungmin’s apartment number in the parking.

 

Well, what did he really expect? Nothing about Sungmin was usual and normal. A typical person of his status would be driving at least Audi or BMW. But Sungmin had Honda Civic. Family car, environmental friendly and totally lame Honda.

 

His life was a joke.