Part 12

Love Dust

 

 

After overcoming his small panic attack Kyuhyun gathered his stuff and shot out of the apartment. He had classes until early afternoon and for once he was glad that the attendance was compulsory. It gave him time to calm down and try to forget about what happened in the morning. Not that anything very special happened. He just slept with his employer. Literally slept, thankfully. And it didn’t seem that Sungmin minded the hands under his t-shirt or small drool spot on his chest where Kyuhyun's lips were.

 

Ryeowook caught him during one of the breaks, they were passing each other in the hallway since they didn’t have any subjects together that day, and the smaller man grabbed him violently by the arm and dragged to the front yard where they sat together on the bench to bask in the sun.

 

‘So how’s work going?’ He asked his standard question. Kyuhyun knew that Ryeowook was very perceptive and sensed that something was going on. And as much as he wanted to just forget, he also felt that talking might not be such a bad idea.

 

He sighed and spread himself all over his half of the bench.

 

‘Sungmin is hot.’ He mumbled for the first time aloud.

 

Ryeowook blinked a few times before furrowing his brows. ‘AC broke in his apartment? Better fix it before summer starts for good, I heard it’s supposed to be very hot this year.’ The man said causally and sat more comfortably on the hard bench.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and fished out his phone. He searched it for a particular picture. He found it and pushed into Ryeowook's face. The man scrunched his face.

 

‘What is this?’ Wookie asked and looked at the picture again. There was some Yeti man with hair flying all around his head.

 

‘This is Sungmin.’ Kyuhyun said slowly. He accidentally took the picture when he was snapping a few of Yesung when the man came to visit.

 

‘Oh man, I pity you.’ Ryeowook patted him on the shoulder. But a moment later the phone got shoved into his face again. This time he almost choked. ‘Who is THIS?!’ He exclaimed and grabbed the phone to look better.

 

‘This is Sungmin too.’ Kyuhyun sighed and leaned back onto the bench. The second picture of Sungmin was from a few days ago. The man was sitting in the open window in the living room, his face turned to the sun while he was listening to the demos. Kyuhyun couldn’t help himself and snapped the photo when he brought his boss’ coffee.

 

Ryeowook was trying to wrap his mind around what he just heard and saw. He was a smart boy. He pieced everything together. Apparently Sungmin went through some metamorphose in the last few days and…

 

‘Sungmin is hot.’ He repeated the words Kyuhyun spoke earlier finally understanding. His friend grunted at that and it was an affirmation. Then Ryeowook looked at the other with surprise. ‘Are you gay Kyu?’

 

Releasing air from his lungs, Kyuhyun slumped even more into the bench. ‘Apparently. And very much, too.’

 

Ryeowook mulled over the new information for a moment. ‘Are you sure? I mean, I have a girlfriend and I’m more than sure I’m straight but I would buy Sungmin a drink in a pub if I met him there.’ He admitted feeling completely okay with that confession because the man on the picture was stunning.

 

‘I went through all of Hae's collection of straight and it didn’t go up. Even once.’ Kyuhyun pointed at his crotch.

 

‘Have you tried gay ?’

 

Kyuhyun threw a glare at his friend. ‘I’m trying to get accustomed to the idea that I’m hot for a guy first, don’t want to see something that might throw me off for good from any .’

 

Ryeowook nodded understanding a little what his friend was saying. They were sitting in silence for a longer moment. Finally the smaller of the two spoke again.

 

‘Maybe just treat it like a crush on a classmate? Like that very popular one that everyone wants but no one can have. Look and pin after him for a while and then it’ll pass?’ Ryeowook suggested knowing that it sounded a little strange but it worked like that for him in middle school and high school before he joined a band and suddenly had more girls at his hands than he was willing to please.

 

Again Kyuhyun sighed. ‘Not that easy. He clings to me all the time lately and we slept together tonight.’

 

If Kyuhyun had been looking he would have seen that Ryeowook's eyes grew to trice their size and his mouth opened wide.

 

‘Wha-what?!’ The smaller male uttered after a few long moments.

 

‘I mean, we were watching TV yesterday and fell asleep on the couch and today I woke up all wrapped up in the slob’s arms and he was cuddling me and then patted my head and told me I was a good boy. Like a freaking dog.’ Kyuhyun whined and threw arm over his eyes. ‘And what’s worse – I liked it!’

 

Again Ryeowook looked like fish taken out of the water, his mouth opening and closing. He didn’t even know what to say to that.

 

Suddenly people around them started to gather their things and walk back into the building. It could only mean classes were supposed to start again. Kyuhyun grabbed his backpack from the ground and dragged his feet towards the door leaving Ryeowook all alone and still gaping. Because Ryeowook really didn’t know what to say anymore. And it must have been the first in his life.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun threw his bag onto the rack in the hallway and kicked off his shoes before walking to kitchen and rummaging the fridge for some water. Then he stopped for a moment and remembered he wasn’t exactly at his own apartment but at his employer’s. And this was his job. He stood motionlessly for a moment, the bottle in his hands already half opened. Then he shrugged and decided that he could start work in a moment. Besides, there wasn’t that much he had to do.

 

Just as he was about to plop onto the couch and watch some TV he heard the door of Sungmin’s bedroom open.

 

‘Do you have a lot to do this afternoon?’ Came the question and Kyuhyun braced himself before turning around and looking at the man.

 

Sungmin was still wearing the same attire as he was in the morning, although he looked showered since his hair wasn’t slicked with gel anymore, it was fluffy and nice and he wanted to run his fingers through it.

 

Taking a deep breath he shook his head. ‘No, not that much. Why?’ He saw that Sungmin pulled something from the pocket of his sweats. The glasses. His black thick rimmed glasses were broken in half. ‘Huh? What happened?’ He asked as he rounded the couch and came close to the man. Thankfully, he was already past the awkward phase when he didn’t want to approach the man in case he revealed somehow that he was crushing on him.

 

‘I fell asleep with them on last night.’ Sungmin pushed his hands into his sweats’ pockets and shrugged. ‘I need new ones. I hate lenses.’ As to prove it he rubbed his eye and blinked a few times to make the lens settle properly again. ‘Hyukjae is busy, I need someone to tell me which ones look good.’

 

Kyuhyun looked with incredulity at the man. ‘You actually care if they will look good?’ The question slipped and he saw how Sungmin’s brow raised and the man pouted. So it was one of the days when he was connecting with the reality, huh.

 

‘I go in them on TV, Heechul will kill me if I embarrass him even further.’ The elder mumbled.

 

‘So you know you’re an embarrassment!’ Once again the words slipped past Kyuhyun's mouth and he slapped a hand over them. Sungmin narrowed his eyes at the man.

 

‘You are aware I can kick your fat out right now, brat?’ He said slowly.

 

It was time for Kyuhyun to raise his brow. He looked at his employer with oh, plea~se expression and folded his arms over his chest. ‘Do you even know where your bills and documents are?’

 

Sungmin was glaring at him for a moment but it didn’t have much effect because all Kyuhyun could see was an angry puppy. Finally, the elder sighed, slumped his shoulders and took a step forwards snuggling into Kyuhyun's chest. ‘Go with me to buy glasses?’ He murmured nuzzling his cheek against the taller man’s shirt.

 

Kyuhyun first reaction was to flail his arms around but he stopped them in mid air and took a big breath. The mood swings of his employer were worse than those of a pregnant woman.

 

Rolling his eyes he nodded. ‘Okay. Go change.’

 

Grumbling These are clothes too why can’t I wear them… Sungmin made his way into his bedroom leaving Kyuhyun alone for a moment.

 

The house help slumped against the back of the couch and sighed with resignation. He was starting to hate his life.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun was sitting in the spacious shop and gaping. When Sungmin told him they would go to choose glasses for him he imagined a regular shop. Like the one he went to when he was younger and needed glasses.

 

This was something else. It had plush couches for s sake! And mirrors and crystal chandeliers everywhere. And the names of famous brands were hanging over each display. Versace, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Ray Ban. And many others.

 

He looked at the broken pair in his hand. On the side it had engraved D&G. He sighed. Of course Sungmin was going to this kind of shops. The composer was a slob and a lazy but Kyuhyun learned already a few weeks before that he knew he was rich and that he could use that money on luxurious stuff. Beside the car, of course.

 

Currently his employer went to get his eyes tested in case his sight worsened so Kyuhyun was left alone with one store clerk looking at him with suspicion from one of the corners. The man was looking like a total and if he didn’t come in there with Sungmin the clerk would be probably more than happy to kick him out immediately after he breathed out first syllable of Hello.

 

Kyuhyun looked down at his clothes. He was dressed nicely. His jeans were ironed and dark green shirt pressed. Sneakers clean. Hair maybe a little messy but it was windy outside. But these famous brand name shops probably employed people who could smell poor students from the distance.

 

Shifting in his seat Kyuhyun felt very uncomfortable. He wanted to get out of the place fast.

 

The door to the backroom opened again and Sungmin emerged. In his grey t-shirt with black designs all over, dark fitted jeans and white high tops he looked like a highschooler. He was rubbing his lid and muttering. Immediately Kyuhyun jumped up and walked up to him.

 

‘What happened?’ He asked seeing how red the other’s eye was.

 

‘The insisted on putting the lens back herself and I think she scratched me with her fake nail.’ The composed muttered.

 

Kyuhyun grabbed his hand and pulled it away from the eye. In a second he had to grab the other when it went to finish the job.

 

‘Stop scratching, it’ll just get worse.’ He pulled the man towards one of the displays. ‘Just choose which ones you want and we go.’ He swept his eyes over the colorful frames.

 

‘These are for women.’ Sungmin pointed out.

 

In a second they moved to the other side of the store while Kyuhyun cursed a few times at the new fashion trends that made female and male stuff look the same.

 

It took them an hour to choose and in the end Kyuhyun decided that almost exact copy of the glasses Sungmin owned before suited the man the best. The new ones were only slightly bigger and the lower rim was rounder instead of being square like the previous pair. They were black too but the sides were little thicker and there were white stars adoring them. Sungmin scrunched his face at the stars but since Kyuhyun said he looked good he didn’t question it and soon they wrapped the transaction. The lenses needed three days to be ready so they would still have to go back to the store.

 

Despite the humid and hot weather Kyuhyun was glad when they excited the shop. Sungmin also sighed with relief. They didn’t take car since the place was only a few blocks away and it would take more time to find the parking spot than to walk.

 

On the way back to the apartment there was a small Thai restaurant. Sungmin plastered himself against the window and didn’t want to go when he saw the dish served to the couple sitting on the other side.

 

‘I thought you hated Thai food.’ Kyuhyun murmured when they were already inside and his boss was happily stuffing himself with chicken in green curry sauce. He himself opted for less painful on the way out dish of sweet and sour pork with steamed vegetables. But he imagined after all the biohazard Sungmin probably inhaled from his kitchen the man was immune to everything.

 

‘I love Thai food.’ The composer mumbled around the carrot he stole from Kyuhyun's plate. ‘That’s why I don’t eat it. Heechul said I get fat just breathing in the smell and that my doesn’t need to grow any bigger.’

 

Kyuhyun raised his brow, leaned to the side to look at Sungmin’s and noted the information. He needed to study more Thai cuisine.

 

***

 

Thankfully Sungmin didn’t join Kyuhyun in the movie evening but that could have a lot to do with the fact that Kyuhyun ate his dinner very fast while watching the news and then holed himself in the guest room with Sungmin’s tablet. The man wasn’t using it so it would just waste away.

 

The next day Kyuhyun didn’t bother to look around the apartment since he overslept and shot out of the door with the lightning speed. He wanted to graduate really bad and couldn’t afford any more absences during compulsory classes. Also he had only one class that day so after two hours of dozing off during one of the most boring lectures he was free. But instead of going back to the apartment immediately as he planned, because he still needed to do the work from the previous day, he got sidetracked by his flatmate. Donghae was exciting his own classes and caught up with him at the entrance to university.

 

‘Landlady said we can go back home tonight, everything is supposed to be good already and the rat family evicted.’ The man chirped and took a sip of his beer.

 

They were sitting in the student’s bar just outside the university.

 

Kyuhyun nodded and tried to be happy about the news. But since he couldn’t he just stared at the bubbles going up in his glass.

 

‘Kyu, Ryeowook told me something interesting.’

 

His head shot up immediately at the words and he saw an uncomfortable expression on his friend’s face. ‘I mean, he probably shouldn’t, you don’t like to share stuff like this… but since he thinks I’m your best friend…’

 

‘You are my best friend.’ Kyuhyun shrugged and sighed knowing where this conversation was going.

 

Donghae blinked a few times and grinned. ‘Good to know it’s mutual after so many years!’ He slapped his dongsaeng’s shoulder across the table and went back to his seat. ‘Okay, so what’s the deal with Sungmin. He’s hot, that much I saw myself. But what’s going on with you? Wook said you admitted to being gay. I mean, I kind of suspected, you never even banged a girl or as much as kissed one. You’re a freaking 26 year old !’ Thankfully Hae lowered his voice but still Kyuhyun blushed furiously and shrunk in his seat. ‘But I thought you’re… well, aual.’

 

Trying to overcome his embarrassment Kyuhyun swallowed thickly. Donghae brought up everything that was on his mind for a few days already.

 

‘Well, apparently I’m not. I’m not even sure I’m homoual. At this point I think I’m Sungmin-ual.’ He sighed and propped his elbows in the table before hiding his face in his hands. ‘I wish someone just run me over with a truck because it would be easier than dealing with him right now. He’s beautiful. How is that even possible? He was fowl smelling, dirty ball of disgust up to a few weeks ago. Now he smells like… well, like whatever I buy him to wash himself with. Currently chocolate. And he shaves and even brushes his hair. It’s all because I remind him of that on Heechul’s orders but still. He looks like a human being. A very beautiful, alluring human being. What is wrong with me?!’ Finally Kyuhyun banged his hand on the table.

 

Donghae sat back with wide eyes and was silent for a moment before speaking. ‘You, my dear best friend, had finally hit your puberty.’

 

Kyuhyun glared at the man. ‘ you.’ He spat out.

 

‘Well, maybe not. But what are the chances you’ll get to him?’ Donghae said with a straight face.

 

Kyuhyun blushed again at the suggestion. He lowered his head to the level of his glass and murmured. ‘Close to nothing. He likes his boys smaller and cuter than him,’

 

For a moment Donghae was pondering over something. ‘Don’t get me wrong, cause I wouldn’t touch you even if the survival of all humanity depended on it, but you aren’t half that bad. Well, you’re pretty handsome and there are some chicks at my work asking about you often. And you look more than decent since you discovered that there is a world outside of StarCraft and their merchandise.’ He shuddered remembering that once ¾ of Kyuhyun's t-shirts had StarCraft logo on them.

 

‘Thanks, but I don’t think I’ll be shrinking anytime soon.’ Kyuhyun mumbled.

 

‘What I mean is that you should just go with the flow, flirt him up, invite him somewhere outside the apartment. You never know, maybe he’ll want some change and this time next month he’ll be the one to pop your cherry, or some male equivalent of it. Sorry, I’m not good with this gay stuff.’ He shrugged with a smile. Then he furrowed his brows. ‘But are you sure he’s clean? You told me about all these hookers.’

 

Feeling the oncoming headache Kyuhyun pinched the bridge of his nose before answering. ‘Heechul took him for tests last month after we put a ban on hookers. He’s clean.’

 

Making a surprised face Hae leaned back on his chair. ‘One of the mysteries of the universe I suppose.’

 

The younger threw a nasty glare at his friend. ‘Like you’re the one to talk.’

 

***

 

Surprisingly much more reassured and at peace after his conversation with Donghae Kyuhyun went back to the apartment. On the way he did some grocery shopping and decided to prepare Sungmin’s favorite pumpkin soup. He would surely get a snuggle out of it and since he decided to follow in on Donghae's suggestion that would be a good start.

 

Opening the door with a smile he was about to yell that he came back when he saw Sungmin lying lifelessly over the back of the couch.

 

His eyes widened and he dropped his bags before running to the man.

 

‘Sungmin?’ He grabbed the elder’s shoulder and rolled him over. He was pale and there was sweat covering his forehead. ‘What’s wrong?!’ He looked up and down composer’s body but saw no injuries.

 

Sungmin opened his eyes with difficulty.

 

‘I think I’m…’ The voice came out weak and hoarse. ‘… going to be sick.’ His body spasmed as if he were ready to vomit.

 

‘Huh?’ Kyuhyun furrowed his brows. ‘But you only ate what I made and I know…’ Suddenly realization dawned at him. That Thai restaurant. ‘!’ He quickly took Sungmin’s shoulder and helped him up. ‘Hold it in!’ He moved fast. But not fast enough.

 

‘Not gonna happen.’ Were Sungmin’s last slurred words before his body spasmed again and this time he threw up.

 

Kyuhyun backed off but since he was holding the man he couldn’t avoid the wide splatter.

 

Scrunching his eyes he tried to hold his breath.

 

Well, that was an effective turn off.

 

***

I want to thank everyone for the comments, I really appreciate them all and they make me so happy! I'm also sorry that I'm not replying to them, but sometimes I get so many (THANK YOU AGAIN) that I would have to spend whole day replying and with how busy my life is now I'm just happy to find a moment to write at all. Please, don't feel like I don't care because I do, A LOT! And if you want to talk to me just write me in twitter or tumblr and I'll surely reply. Here they are:

vic-aino.tumblr.com

twitter: @vic_aino