Part 1

Love Dust

 

Will be updates every two weeks on Sundays!

 

***

 

It was the first time in his life when Kyuhyun had to browse through the job offers page in the newspaper. And it wasn’t even for casual searching, no. He was in a desperate need of money. A lot of money preferably.

 

With a growl, he threw the paper away and immediately grabbed another one cursing the crisis. There was no way a student like him, with no experience and no real skills could find a job fast. And he refused to work in a café. No aprons, no dealing with people. Unless it included sneering or insulting them.

 

Suddenly an advertisement caught his attention. House help. With cleaning and cooking.

 

He looked around his shared room and scrunched his face. War zone. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t clean. Cooking… Well, there was problem with that but he was a genius – of course he could figure something out.

 

Taking out his phone he quickly dialed the number. The pay suggested was more than Kyuhyun was wishing for.

 

Ugh.’ A grunt answered the call.

 

‘Hello!’ He forced his voice to sound at least a little pleasant. ‘I’m calling because of the job offer, the house help?’

 

There was a moment of silence after which the voice mumbled an address and hour and hung up.

 

Furrowing his brows Kyuhyun looked at his phone. What the hell was that.

 

Quickly he checked the address. It was in the luxurious part where only people ting money lived.

 

Score! Kyuhyun smirked and crumpled the paper.

 

***

 

‘Dude, rent!’

 

Kyuhyun spun around from the sink where he was trying to find a clean cup. He saw his roommate standing in the doorway, hands on hips and glaring. Not that it was effective at all. It was after all, his roommate.

 

‘Yup, soon.’ And he went back to searching though he knew it would be fruitless. Instead he took the juice out and drank from the bottle before putting it back in the fridge.

 

‘You’re disgusting.’ Was the comment he received. ‘And seriously, money Kyu.’

 

‘I told you, soon.’ He barked out. As much as he believed he would get the job he couldn’t help but still feel a little anxious. What if there were other candidates?

 

‘What, your dad lifted the ban?’ Brown haired man walked fully into their small kitchen and took the bottle with juice from the fridge, wrote 규현 with permanent marker and put it back in. At Kyuhyun's raised brow he shrugged. ‘Do not want your cooties.’

 

Kyuhyun growled and hopped onto the counter at which his friend scrunched his face. ‘Nope, he’s still all learn to respect other people’s property and if you earn it yourself you’ll understand the value and the rest of the crap talk. And I just broke the computer, Donghae.’

 

Hyung.’ His friend and roommate, Donghae, immediately corrected his dongsaeng. Though it wasn’t as if it would change anything. ‘So where would the money come from? I won’t pay for you this month... again.’

 

‘Job.’ A simple answer.

 

Donghae raised his brow and looked with doubt at the other. ‘Job? As in you having a job? As in you trying to be civil with people to earn money? I swear I’ll kick you out and you’ll have to sleep in one of the boxes littering our hallway. And you’ll be glad I gave you this much for what you owe me already.’

 

‘I’ll get it!’ Kyuhyun exclaimed before his expression clouded. ‘, I need it. Dad is only paying the tuition, no rent money, no food, NO GAMES.’ Panic entered his eyes.

 

Donghae shook his head with resignation. ‘If you manage to land any kind of job that requires you to interact with other people I will take you to that insanely expensive pub and get you that wine from the display you’re humping every time we pass it.’

 

Glaring after his friend who walked out of the room Kyuhyun clenched his jaw.

 

He would get it.

 

***

 

The building was huge. The fence surrounding it was high and there was a security guard in the booth next to the gate. And he was glaring at Kyuhyun with passion.

 

‘Yes?’ The man asked, warning already present in his voice.

 

‘I’m here for the job interview… apartment 705.’ He slapped himself mentally for not asking his future-hopefully-to-be employer’s name.

 

Immediately the expression on guard’s face changed.

 

‘Oh, the house help?’ Kyuhyun nodded at the question with hesitation. ‘God, finally…’

 

That should have been first warning sign for Kyuhyun.

 

***

 

The bags full of take outs littering the front of the apartment when he rode up should have been the second sign. But hell, if the person put a job offer for a house help it meant they really needed one.

 

He carefully nudged the blue plastic bag with his foot to get it out of his way. Well, there was no point postponing it. He pressed the white button next to the door. And waited. Waited. And waited a little more.

 

Furrowing his brows Kyuhyun looked at his watch. He was on time. Almost. Just 10 minutes late. So that person should be in waiting for him. Again he pressed the button. And again and again and again.

 

The door swung opened suddenly.

 

Kyuhyun stared at the figure in front of him. Long sleeved white t-shirt with dirty spots in some places. Black loose pants stretched on knees. Bare feet.

 

Then Kyuhyun looked up and barely stopped himself from flinching. The person had stubble all around his mouth looking as if he was eating something and dirtied himself. There was a piece of something sticking from between his lips. Bloodshot eyes were staring at him from over thickly rimmed glasses and dark circles suddenly taken on a new meaning for Kyuhyun. And the hair. Or rather the nest. Was it permed, was it just dirty? He couldn’t tell.

 

‘Who the hell are you?’ The man croaked out as if he wasn’t using his voice for quite some time. He cleared his throat.

 

‘Hopefully your new house help?’ Kyuhyun said slowly.

 

The other male looked at him from head to toe. Okay, so maybe he didn’t really put much thought into his outfit. Old t-shirt with crumpled jeans and beat up sneakers maybe weren’t the best choice for job interview clothes. And he couldn’t do anything about his hair. At least not until it grew more and he could cut off the perm his friends talked him into. So probably he should have cared a little more because he really needed that job and cleaning for money didn’t seem that hard. He would definitely clean up the sneakers for the next interview since he couldn’t see the thing with that guy in front of him happening.

 

‘Okay.’ This time the voice was already normal and the guy simply turned around and started to walk further inside the apartment leaving the door opened.

 

Kyuhyun blinked a few times. And quickly charged into the place. He kicked off his shoes and followed the man who was standing in the entrance to the main area of the flat.

 

The place was big. Really big. He had never been in such a huge apartment. And one that was even half as dirty. He couldn’t make out much of the furniture because it was all covered in something – either clothes or boxes, papers, wrappings, glasses, cups, plates, posters, dried flowers – name it, it was there.

 

‘This is the living room.’ The man said absentmindedly while on the candy between his lips. They were standing there for a moment before the man walked into the hallway that was probably leading to the private rooms. Kyuhyun was watching where he was putting his feet because the floor was littered with unidentified masses. He regretted taking his shoes off, now he’ll have to throw his socks away.

 

He almost bumped into the man when he stopped in front of one of the rooms. Thankfully he managed to halt but also he caught a sniff of the other male. And gagged. This was the same smell that made him take a shower after he pulled about 3 days of StarCraft without even changing clothes. But a few times stronger.

 

The man turned towards him. ‘This is storage.’ He opened the door and immediately closed it as something started to fall down. ‘Might want to be careful here.’ He mumbled and walked to the door opposite. ‘Bathroom.’

 

If Kyuhyun thought that bathroom would be clean, because how BATHROOM could get dirty, he was so wrong. Bottles of shower gels and shampoos were lying next to the shower stall which was already sporting a kind of a reddish look for some reason Kyuhyun didn’t even want to mull over. Dirty clothes were flowing from the basket and into a huge bathtub. The mirror looked as if someone was spitting all over it just for the fun of it while sink under had all assortment of razors in it. Some with rust.

 

The man closed the door thankfully because the smell of the dirty clothes started to sting Kyu's nose.

 

They moved to the next door. ‘Guest room.’ The man said in a monotonous voice.

 

For now that room was looking the best. At least at the first glance. At the second though… Kyuhyun imagined one could make really awesome snow angels in that amount of dust.

 

They moved back towards the living room. To the right from the hall leading to the entrance there were the door to the kitchen. Kyuhyun could tell from the smell. Bracing himself he peeked into it when his host made a gesture for him to. Clenching his jaw he stopped breathing. The place was big, really big. With so many awesome appliances. And everything was covered in something resembling a slime… he didn’t even want to think what were its origins.

 

The man beside him was scratching the back of his head. He had a slight problem with retrieving his fingers from the tangled mess.

 

‘I like cooking but don’t have time, you might wanna check if everything works here, if not just order stuff.’ The man shrugged and turned, already going for the last door. Kyuhyun followed.

 

‘My bedroom. I…’ The man hesitated for a moment before sighing. ‘My agent ordered that whoever I hire he must be allowed to clean here, so do it when I’m not inside.’ They walked into the master bedroom.

 

The king sized bed was a complete mess. Not surprising anymore for Kyuhyun. Everything was black or white with a touch of pink although the scattered papers, crumbled balls and, again, food wrappings visible on every surface very giving more color to the place. Kyuhyun saw a box of tissues on the bedside table and a lube. His eyes widened. His new employer must have noticed because he walked to the items and knocked them into the drawer before crossing his arms at his chest.

 

‘Don’t worry, it’s only for my own pleasure.’ There was no emotion in the voice. And the man moved to the adjoining door. There was a small screen with numbers on it. Doors were locked with the code. ‘Here you have no right to enter. It’s my office, I stay here most of my time and I don’t want you there.’

 

The man walked out of the bedroom. Kyuhyun followed him trying to decide if it was all worth it. When they were already in the living room the man stopped in front of him and chewed on his candy that was still sticking out of his lips.

 

‘My agent said I would have to pay double first month for some reason.’ He shrugged.

 

Kyuhyun's eyes almost bulged after he remembered the amount he saw in the paper. ‘Double of what was in the job offer?’

 

The man nodded. ‘And I might have you run some errands for me, you’ll get paid for that too separately. Also all the money for food and stuff to clean. So?’

 

Kyuhyun looked at the questioning face of the man in front of him. ‘Hell yeah.’ He didn’t even flinch that much when they shook their hands.

 

‘Lee Sungmin.’ The man introduced himself.

 

‘Cho Kyuhyun.’