Part 10

Love Dust

 

As promised  here is the next chapter! I hope you didn't think I would keep you waititng for too long. Fanaccount will come later since I have sth called 'job' and lately it is being a , but I hope on the weekend I'll finally sit to write down whatever I remember. For now enjoy the crazy wagon that is this story (why do you even like it, I should be put in mental institution for writing it...).

***

 

The man before him tilted his head and looked at him with curiosity.

 

Kyuhyun kept staring because he had a nagging feeling that he knew exactly who he was looking at but he still couldn’t accept that.

 

The man’s hair was black, straight and shiny. It was cut short, the strands just grazing the tips of his ears but the whiskers were left a little longer and on the left side a few strands were styled so that they were lying on the temple. The fringe was swept to the right, half covering the right side down to the upper cheek but since it was made thinner he could still see the eye through it.

 

When his eyes followed the strand he noticed how smooth and pale was the skin of the cheek and he swept his eyes all over the face of the man noting that his whole complexion was like of a porcelain doll.

 

Another thing he noted were lips. They were slightly upturned and in the shape of a perfect M. Despite looking full and pillow like they weren’t too big, they fit the slightly wide but still shapely nose. It was either upturned or simply a little pointy – Kyuhyun didn’t know what the correct expression was but he definitely didn’t care when his eyes traveled higher. The man flicked his head and the fringe went more to the side completely uncovering his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun knew those eyes. He was looking at them quite often and he could recognize them immediately. They were big and more round than he had ever seen. Black lashes were adoring the upper lid creating a natural black line that made the eyes seem even bigger. Lower lid was a little puffy, as if the man was crying but Kyuhyun knew it was natural.

 

Without all the stubble he could say that the whole face had perfect U shape and everything was so symmetrical he didn’t believe such person could exist.

 

‘Kyuhyun?’ The M-shaped perfection said his name and his breath caught.

 

‘Sung-Sungmin?’ Finally he managed to push the word through his throat. He still couldn’t believe his eyes.

 

‘Yeah…’ The man furrowed his brows while looking at him. ‘Heechul says I need to go out tonight but I want to eat dinner here when I come… can you stay longer?’ There was the question when the man looked down onto the ground. It wasn’t a sign of shyness in any way, this was how this particular person was conducting conversations. He just really found staring at plain surfaces interesting.

 

‘Sungmin.’ Again Kyuhyun repeated the name as if trying to convince himself that it was exactly this man standing two meters from him.

 

‘You look like Heechul after he became my agent and threw Hyukjae at me for the first time.’ Sungmin sighed and turned. Before he could go into his room Kyuhyun’s voice stopped him again.

 

‘This is you?’ Kyuhyun was just staring with wide eyes.

 

‘The salad was good, and I found chips in my drawer, make more.’ Sungmin suddenly said.

 

‘It’s really you.’ Kyuhyun breathed out.

 

Not able to utter another word Kyuhyun watched as the other went into his room and closed the door while looking with suspicion at him.

 

When Kyuhyun was left alone he was still staring at the door to the bedroom.

 

Of course he expected some change. The haircut, shaving of the stubble, that all. And from what he saw only those things were done and the true effect was from the face hidden under all the hair. He remembered the first time he saw Sungmin. All the neglect and dirt not only surrounding the man but also sticking to him already. He had never imagined that what was hiding under all that was… that.

 

***

 

It seemed nothing changed for Sungmin. He was behaving the same, either working in his studio or creeping around the apartment and for the first time in weeks Kyuhyun had problem with detecting his presence mostly because he was still stunned into complete shock.

 

Sungmin was, by all standards, beautiful. His features were gentle and delicate making him look younger than he really was and Kyuhyun knew exactly that Sungmin was almost 30 since he was dealing with his bills and needed his ID for some of them. He looked younger than most of Kyuhyun’s university mates.

 

If more time passed Kyuhyun would have thought that there was some surgery involved but on the other hands he had never seen Sungmin with his hair cut or stubble shaved and those two did a really good job in concealing what was under them. Sungmin had a perfect face. Even Kyuhyun couldn’t deny that despite his overall dislike towards people.

 

Currently Sungmin was checking things on his tablet in the living room and Kyuhyun couldn’t help peaking from the kitchen to look at the man. He was thankful that his boss was oblivious to everything around him and he didn’t worry about getting caught. And even if he did get caught he didn’t think Sungmin would take it as anything other than Kyuhyun trying to call him for food. So, it allowed the younger to stare all he wanted and he really really wanted to stare. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from the male, from his round eyes and puffy cheeks. And mostly from his lips that without all of the hair surrounding it seemed so soft and Kyuhyun wished he was obnoxious enough to just go up to the man and press his fingers against them. And that thought made him a little confused.

 

While slowly grinding cheese he was wondering what happened to him. Well, of course he wasn’t stupid and he knew that the sinking feeling in his stomach was a sort of attraction. But he didn’t get the reasons exactly. He had never had a girlfriend, he was too busy being awkward in middle school, a nerd in high school and game addict at university. Besides, he thought that most of the girls surrounding him were too stupid to hold a decent conversation – he had the best example while observing Donghae with his bimbos. And all of the good girls, both physically and mentally, where snatched already by this point so he didn’t even bother to look for one. And as much as he found s fascinating, because how could girls have something so soft and squishy on their chests and not play with it all the time, he wasn’t an eager fan of . This, after discovering how quickly the attraction for Sungmin bloomed in him, kind of brought him to a disturbing conclusion that he might be gay. A little.

 

He peaked out of the kitchen again and saw that his boss was sipping at his coffee, lips wrapped around the edge of the mug before Sungmin withdrew it and his upper lip.

 

Groaning Kyuhyun ground the cheese harder. This was Stinky. The man he was keeping at least a two meter distance from at the beginning because he stunk of sweat, food leftovers and unwashed hair. Alright, he was smelling like flowers lately because of all the showers Kyuhyun was forcing him to take and the two meter radius decreased to nothing whenever the smaller man was feeling like plastering himself against his house help. But still, Sungmin was a dysfunctional human being who couldn’t even remember to turn off his stove after cooking leading to things exploding all over the wall.

 

But also this was Stinky. He knew how stupid that sounded, even in his head. It was just that no matter how much he was trying to deny it he knew that he already grew attached to Sungmin. Despite his sarcastic character and dislike to be with people he too could create a connection. Like with Donghae – he couldn’t imagine not being friends with his hyung no matter how annoying he was. Ryeowook was s chatterbox and pushy but Kyu just needed to meet with him from time to time because he was starting to think too much about the male. And Sungmin… it was hard not to start caring about him considering how he couldn’t care about himself properly. Of course, in the moments when he was connecting with reality he was mostly a mean but that only added to his points in Kyuhyun’s book since he was a mean too.

 

The cheese was ground and he just needed to put it over the meat and put everything in the oven. Of course Sungmin wanted to eat it after coming back home from his whatever meeting in the late afternoon. The man was already complaining so much about the fact that he had to go out of the house and talk to other people that Kyuhyun was almost ready to call Heechul and lie that his boss was coming down with something. And it had nothing to do with the fact that Sungmin pouted and his eyes suddenly grew to twice their size when he was talking about that and looking at Kyuhyun whose jaw almost cracked the marble floor.

 

He just wanted to go home and not think about how pretty Sungmin was under all the dirt.

 

‘Kyuhyun, I need to change and go~’ The last word changed into a groan while Sungmin’s slumped form slipped past the door.

 

Kyuhyun swallowed and nodded knowing that the other couldn’t see him. Suddenly his life became really really hard.

 

***

 

‘Three days of shopping and begging for discounts and THIS is what you choose? Did I even buy this?! Where did you find these clothes? Did Kyuhyun bring something over from his wardrobe?!’ Hyukjae screeching could probably be heard on the ground floor. He was screaming and flailing his arms around while also tugging at the clothes Sungmin was wearing.

 

Kyuhyun felt insulted. Because the clothes Sungmin was wearing definitely wouldn’t even find home in his own closet no matter how ignorant of fashion he was. The smaller man was wearing a t-shirt with some stupid writing, two sizes too big for him making him look like a gangsta wannabe. On the bottom he was wearing yellowish pants that were coming to around the middle of his calves, all crumpled and stretched on the knees. Kyuhyun didn’t want to look at his feet even because there were the ahjussi sandals put over white socks. Sungmin broke so many rules with his clothes that even Kyuhyun was cringing imagining that he wanted to go out like that.

 

He looked up onto his boss’s face and sighed dreamily. With that face no one would be looking at his clothes…

 

‘Oh my God, Hyukjae, I'm in CLOTHES what more do you want?!’ Sungmin whined while slapping his friend’s hands off his t-shirt.

 

‘These are not clothes! You look as if you took all of the rags that Kyuhyun made from your other clothes and sew it together!’ The stylist glared towards the house help who simply shrugged his shoulders and kept wiping the table with one of the rags. ‘You’re changing, NOW!’ The screechy man pushed groaning Sungmin towards his room.

 

When the door closed Kyuhyun gathered the plates on which he serves a small snack to Sungmin. That way his boss would be too full to eat anything while out and he could still control what he eats. Kyuhyun wasn’t being creepy at all. Just caring.

 

Also he was thankful Sungmin pulled his tasteless card out that day. If he suddenly dressed properly Kyuhyun wouldn’t have any other choice than to resign from his job since he couldn’t take more of the butterflies in his stomach. Or rather moths. Moths were manlier! And disgusting too… So maybe butterflies were better, but those big kick ones that were some king or whatever kinds. And why was he even thinking about butterflies!

 

Again the door to Sungmin bedroom opened and Kyuhyun almost tripped while trying to put the dishes in the sink and going back to the living room fast. He peaked from around the frame first. Hyukjae was standing with hands propped on his hips while smiling with satisfaction.

 

‘Now you look like a famous composer!’ He said with pride and started to walk to the door. ‘We need to go, Heechul texted me the meeting is in half an hour and we’ll barely manage to get there and you need to show that you’re a responsible man, not the slob that you truly are.’

 

Kyuhyun walked from the kitchen while still holding onto the frame. When his eyes found Sungmin he could swear that giant pigeons started mating dance in his stomach.

 

This time Sungmin was just… stunning. Tight, fashionably washed out jeans he was wearing were hugging his and thighs leaving nothing to the imagination. A purple shirt was fitted to his form and Kyuhyun could see how small his waist was comparing to the rest of his body. His well-defined chest was even more accentuated and the buttons undone, a little more than they probably should be, were allowing to see the smooth and fair skin peaking from under the material. Preventing the jeans from falling, if that was even possible considering how tight they were, was a simple black belt with silver buckle. On feet he was wearing expensive looking dress shoes from black snake skin.

 

‘I should be back in two hours… I hope.’ Sungmin said while looking at the floor as always but the as if he remembered something he raised his head and straightened his back. Flicking his hair from his face he looked at Kyuhyun. ‘You will wait… right?’ He asked cautiously because even he must have noticed that there was something wrong with his house help that day.

 

Kyuhyun could only nod and Sungmin hesitated for a moment before bowing a little and going quickly after Hyukjae who was already out and probably waiting by the elevator.

 

Slumping against the wall Kyuhyun punched himself in the stomach to calm those freaking pigeons.

 

***

Okay, so I imagine people might try to picture which Ming I chose. I was looking at this picture describing him. Please no complaining about lack of blond!Ming! It wouldn't work here!