Homeroom

The real world

 

It was relatively easy to find his homeroom class, a small room inside the art block of the large school, it turned out that Yongguk had made the teen about 20 minutes early for school so by the time he found the room he still had a good 5 minutes to spare. Hesitating outside the door the teen checked himself over, making sure his uniform looked presentable enough to appease the teachers but still lax enough for him not to come across as a up or some prep school kid. Taking a deep breath Zelo pushed open the door and stepped into the classroom. He was a little surprised by what he saw. In one sense it was just like the movies, a collection of about 9 tables set up, three by three in the centre of the room with two chairs at each desk, small cliques where easily recognisable, a group of 4 girls slathered in makeup with their skirts hitched up to their thighs rather than the school regulated knee length, hair primed and probably damaged beyond repair from too much product and straightening and curling and whatever else the totty high school girls did. A smaller group of 3 boys where in the opposite corner to the 4 girls at the front row of desks, what seemed to Zelo like your classic 'jock' stereotype with more muscle than sense, laughing at some obscene joke or another. The table in the middle of the front row was empty for the moment but Zelo assumed that someone else much sit there as the two people at the desk behind where chatting away with their feet kicked up on the unoccupied chairs. The third row of seats was full, all people talking in pairs, a few scruffy looking and the others just regular, run-of-the-mill students. As of yet everyone in the room seemed to not have noticed Zelo but as he looked over the back row if desk his heart jumped into his throat, eyes widening at seeing the guy from Himchan's office, Jongup, sat in the very back right hand corner of the room. Jongup's eyes were locked on Zelo, a small half-smirk on the boys lips as he finally caught the teens gaze, Jongup slowly pulled out the chair beside him, motioning for Zelo to sit there. Hand automatically covering the bite mark still on his chest, below a thick anti-disinfectant plaster he'd put over it, Zelo ducked his head and quickly walked to sit the other side of the room on the back row, a safe 4 seats away from Jongup and his odd behaviour. Sat with his eyes glued to the back of the seat in front of his, despite free lining Jongup's gaze on his the entire time, the teen found him wondering if a kid like that was even aloud to go to school. Surely someone shouldn't be aloud near other people if they had a therapist and prescription medication. That might have been a little hypocritical of Zelo to think but be had good reasons for seeing the doctor, it wasn't like he was crazy he just needed to be checked out just.. just to be sure. He'd never hurt anyone or bitten a random kid in the street. The shrill sound of a noisy bell shot through the air, making Zelo jump a little and look for the source of the sound. His eyes found a small red bell just over the door he'd walked through, As he looked at the bell, the door below it opened and a short, rather tubby and clearly balding man walked in. Despite his almost comical appearance, as soon as the men stepped in the noise in the room lulled and disappeared, meaning he was either very well liked and respected or very scary and gave harsh punishments. The tone of his voice as he spoke have the impression of someone kind but as Zelo started to actual listen to what was being said his heart rate begin to speed up, not sure what he'd do if the teacher asked him to introduce himself properly.
"A mister Choi Junhong will be with us from now on please welcome him and take care of him, where are you Junhong?" Looking around nervously and talk a deep breath, Zelo slowly rose from his seat and gave a polite bow to the class from where he sat. Upon straightening up again he was greeted by a room of stares, a few mouths gaping and then a sudden hushed chatter. The words 'cute' and 'tall' reached his ears as he tried to listen to what the other students were saying but before Lin the teacher had them all silent again. "Is there anything you'd like to say to the class, something about yourself perhaps?" Zelo smiled politely and shook his head a little, he started to sit down but stopped himself and straighten up, clearing his throat a little before looking around the room again, his voice clear and no nerves present in his words. "Just... call me Zelo." Giving a half shrug and another politely smile he sat down again and another bum o conversation filled the room. Zelo couldn't help but glance at Jonguo whose eyes where still stuck to him. Not sure what to make of the situation Zelo gave a timid wave and sighed in relief as the small action made Jongup look away rather hurriedly. As the bell signalling the start of the firsts son rang Zelo found himself thinking only one thing. 'I hope all the students here aren't that strange...'