to school

The real world

 

An excited energy had been buzzing through Zelo as he hoped in Yongguk's that morning but as he saw the signs along the road indicating cars to slow down as the school neared the teen felt his new uniform slowly becoming uncomfortably tight, and his excitement steadily simmered into nervousness at seeing other students walking towards the large, seemingly intimidating building. Yongguk had explained that he wouldn't be able to walk Zelo inside but sensing the teens nervousness he pulled into the school's car park and grabbed the rucksack he'd packed all the boy's equipment in before getting out the car, jogging round the car Yongguk smiles brightly as he opened the passengers door and waited for Zelo to get out, hoping his gummy smile would relax the teen at least a little. "Come on you, I've got to get back to the office." 
More than a little confused Zelo simply say in the car and blinked up at Yongguk, lips parted slightly as he tried to think of a polite way to ask what the man was doing, slowly unbuckling his seatbelt the teen spoke quietly, "But.. I thought you had to go straight to the office..?"
A light chuckle breezed passed the older man's lips at Zelo's surprise, his gummy smile become brighter at the cuteness. "I can be a few minutes late, come on" hoisting the teen out the car by his arm Yongguk closed the door and locked the car before walking towards the schools main entrance, trusting the the boy would follow him inside.
Quickly scurrying after Yongguk Zelo ignored the stares he was picking up from the other students around and kept his head held high, almost towering over most of the other people around until he and Yongguk were inside the school's reception. 
 
It was less scary inside the small, neat reception room, sitting in one of the armchairs in the corner of the room Zelo looked at Yongguk as the man spoke to one of the women in the office, sorting out Zelo's paperwork for him. The teen couldn't help but admire the confidence that seemed to seep from Yongguk's stance alone, the way the man carried himself and spoke so easily to the people around, not the slightest hint of discomfort or unease in the new surrounding. Zelo was unsure if Yonguk had been to this school before or not but the man seemed confident, he was  in pretty much every situation he was in and the quality was quite... attractive. 
Zelo hadn't really realised he'd been staring at Yongguk until the older man was stood in front of him, holding out a school schedule and a map, smiling that kind of cute gummy smile of his. "You know if you're not ready we can just come back another day?" Zelo quickly shook his head at the question and jumped up and cute smile on his face, he peppily took the papers from the older man and poked his chest. "You've got a job to get to, don't worry about me I'm a quick learner