Work emergency

The real world

Groaning in frustration at being woken up by the sound of his phone chiming Yongguk groggily reached for the device and answered the call from his boss sounding and feeling disgruntled.
"Hello Sir.. Bang Yongguk speaking." Yongguk felt Himchan stirring by his side and not wanting to wake the younger man he carefully slipped out the bed and walked to the kitchen while listening to his boss.
"I know it's a day off for you today Bang and the whole office knows you need it but we've got trouble-"
"Is it about Zelo?" Always his first thought, his first worry when he got calls from work. He wasn't sure why by every time he picked up the phone for trouble his gut told him it would be about Zelo or Hyunsu and he always jumped to that conclusion. His constant thought jumping must have amused his boss because laughter was echoing down the other end of the line.
"No Bang, the kid is fine. One of the other officers took him to school this morning so you've got nothing to worry about there. The issue is with more simple stuff than that. There's been a bit of a paper work mishap at the office. One of the newbies tried to brown nose by organising the evidence files and accidentally mixed up some files from unfinished cases, we've got everyone that's free looking for them. You know what it's like.. until we get these files back those cases are frozen and the trails going cold so we need more people looking." While setting the coffee machine to work Yongguk heard the familiar grumbles and hushed cuss words of Himchan begrudgingly getting out of bed, as Yongguk began telling his boss that he'd be in in half an hour Himchan made his way out to the kitchen, following the scent of coffee coming from there and slung his arms over Yongguk's shoulders from behind so he could listen in on the conversation, frowning slightly as he realised Yongguk would be going into work on his day off. 
again. 
Once Yongguk hung up the phone Himchan stood in front of the older man, arms crossed over his chest, waiting for some kind of reason or apology. Yongguk knew that the only way out of a grumpy Himchan was grovelling and the promise of dinner out or a new work suit so quickly putting on his most apologetic gaze Yongguk practically pleaded with his partner. 
"It's an emergency Himchan, you know what that's like.. you remember the day before when we both had the day off so we were going to just relax and watch tv all day and then one of your patient's files went missing so you had to go in and look for it, we'll this is the same thing." There was irritation clear in Himchan's deep voice as he answered, his already slanted eyes creasing more in anger as he let out an exasperated sigh. "My work emergency took ten minutes. So lets say.. 20 minutes to drive to the office, 10 to fix everything and 20 back.. then we're even and you can get off scot-free. 50 minutes Yonggie.. 50 and then if you're not back I'm going out with some friends." Groaning slightly Yongguk shook his head, easily knowing it would take longer than that for him to get everything sorted, with a sudden burst of inspiration Yongguk's eyes lit up and a smile stretched across his face. "Come with me." Himchan's immediate response was laughter, then at realising his partner was serious his laughter turned to a look of disbelief followed by a scoff before the younger walked back towards the bedroom, muttering as he left. "Wow you just get more and more romantic.. there's nothing I want to do more on my day off that sit in your smelly office and sort through files..."