First lesson

The real world

 

It was more difficult to find his first class. Even based on looking at the A4 map he'd been given if was easy to tell the school was larger than he'd first thought. There were four sections of the school, the sports centre was at the top right hand corner of his map, the spot furthest away from him now, where a large track field, a sports hall, gymnasium and indoor pool were located, then besides that on the top left hand corner was what seemed to be the more artistic side of the school with a few music rooms, two drama studios and several art rooms as well as a large stage/auditorium which seated 300 people. The bottom half of the school leaned toward the academic side more, the main entrance was clearly visible at the centre of the bottom of the page and then to the right of that was were he was now, stood just outside the block of rooms used for history, geography, religious studies and sociology. The building directly in front of where he stood and just around the centre of the page on his map was the English department and Korean studies building. Zelo didn't really understand why they needed so many rooms but the most confusing thing was why set everything out so... difficultly. The teen stood staring at his map for a good 10 minutes before spotting the maths building located near the bottom left corner of his map, sheltered by science blocks and  the technology classes. 
Zelo painted a quick mental image of the pathway to get to his class and hastily stuffed the map in his pocket before walking quickly to the room he needed to be in. Having not rushed to get there the teen arrived at the room a good 15 minutes late and stepped in quietly, smiling politely to the tall, slightly broodish looking man at the front of the room Zelo bowed apologetically and awkwardly waited to be told what to do. "Choi Junhong, yes?" The man's voice was almost dismissive in tone, the way he spoke clearly showing that he didn't really care, Zelo cleared his throat and nodded a little. "Just Zelo though... please" The teacher gave a small, stiff nod and put a hand on the teen's shoulder, guiding him to a seat as he spoke. "I am Mr Kyung, this is maths band 2, the second highest class, your test showed a decent understanding of the stuff we've been going through so you shouldn't have any trouble in this class." Mr Kyung pulled out a seat for Zelo before walking away, only to return a few moments later with a textbook and work book for him to write in, quickly grabbing out a pen Zelo glanced at the page number of the person sat beside him and quickly opened his textbook to the same page. Having been looking at the types of questions on the page, trigonometry, Zelo didn't notice the boy beside him slowly moving closer, leaning into Zelo until his breath breezed over the teen's neck, shifting away Zelo looked up to ask the kid to stop and jumped slightly, eyes going wide again as he saw Jongup sat beside him, without thinking the words, "you've got to be kidding me." ran out of Zelo's mouth.
Jongup chuckled quietly and nudged Zelo's leg with his own under the table, smirking slightly as he did, the older by leaned closer to whisper, "and I thought you'd be happy to see a familiar face~" Zelo glanced at the teacher who was now stood at the front of the room, lecturing the class on the importance of showing your workings so Zelo took the opportunity to quickly whisper back to Jongup. "I would be if that familiar face hadn't bitten me..." Apparently begin direct with this guy wasn't the wisest thing to do. Standing up so quickly his chair fell to the floor, Jongup walked out of the room without a word and much to Zelo's surprise no one in the class, including the teacher, reacted to the sudden exit. there was a small, curious part of Zelo that wanted to follow the older boy and find out what he'd done wrong but the rest of him, the more sensible part, kept him in his seat, eyes on his work and attention on the lesson. About an hour later the school bell rand again and the students inside the room all started to pack away their things, each student had disappeared from the room by the time Zelo had his things packed away. By the half-scowl Mr Kyung was giving him it was easy to tell he was being a hindrance for the next class so quickly slinging his back over one shoulder Zelo quickly made his way out of the room, and pulled his map out again , checking his schedule the teen saw his next class would be art, he was busy searching for the room on his map when Jongup snuck up on him again, managing to make him jump for the third time that day, "you look lost." Spinning around to face the older boy Zelo glared a little and stood tall, trying to make his voice and calm and confident as possible. "Look I don't know what you want from me but whatever it is you can forget it. I can get to class fine on my own. Shouldn't you be getting to your own lesson anyway." Lookin back at his map Zelo hoped the older boy would get the picture and leave him alone. Apparently Jongup had different ideas as to how the meeting would go. With a quick swish and slight crumple, Jongup snatched the A4 map away from Zelo and held it out of the teen's reach, grinning like a cheeky 5 year old Jongup spoke again. "Just let me walk you to your class would ya? I know where it is and at this rate you'll be later for art than you were for maths and Mrs Yates is far less understanding that Mr Kyung." Sighing quietly and muttering under his breath Zelo contemplated just skipping the class knowing Yongguk would let him off if he did but after a while of thinking he decided that he needed to give this his best shot, even I that meant walking with Mr Biter. "Okay... can you please take me to my class then?" Somehow grinning even wider Jongup nodded and slung his arm round Zelo's shoulders, walking them towards the artistic part of the school. "Now I guess this school can seem pretty intimidating when you first come here but before you know it you'll be walking to ever class with no trouble. If you want I can show you some secret spots, good get away places for when school work or friends get too much for ya." Zelo nodded a little as the older boy spoke, mostly just to appease him and look like be was paying attention when really all he was doing was trying to figure out why he was suddenly being so friendly and calm. It was so different than the last time they'd met and it was pretty daunting that someone could change so much from meeting to the next. Where was the crazy kid that had no personal space boundaries and bit people? This guy still had very little acknowledgment of personal space but he seemed, mostly, like a pretty average guy. 
Zelo's thoughts were interrupted as Jongup announced they'd arrived at his art class, smiling a little Zelo bowed politely to Jongup. "Thanks, I'll see you round..." Zelo then turned to walk into his classroom but stopped as Jongup spoke again, sounding happier and more comfortable. "I'll meet you out here after your lesson, it's break next so I'll show you were the dining room is and stuff, okay?" Despite asking the question Jongup turned and walked off before Zelo had the chance to answer. Shrugging a little and deciding that maybe Jongup wasn't so bad after all Zelo walked into the art classroom only to once again smiles politely and how apologetically to his teacher before finding a seat and waiting to be told what to do.