Through the day

The real world

 

By the time break came around Zelo had managed to successfully cover himself on small smudges of paint, asking him to be creative was like unleashing a Tasmanian devil in a paint shop. The paint on his uniform was mostly blue and orange and the majority of it was on his blazer so taking it off the teen shoved the thing in his bag and hoped he wouldn't get in trouble for having it off. As soon as he stepped out the art room the teen spotted Jongup leaning against a set of lockers nearby, hands tucked in his pockets and one leg kicked up and resting one of the lockers. A big grin spread across his face at seeing Zelo and he half-skipped over to the boy. "Hey Junhong~ how'd the art lesson go?" Holding onto the straps of his backpack Zelo shrugged a little and looked around as he spoke. "It was... messy. And just call me Zelo.. please." Jongup once again slung his arm over the boys shoulders and started walking with him, guiding him through the slightly crowded halls towards the dining hall to get a snack before their next lesson. "I like Junhong better so that's what I'll call ya." It clearly wasn't a question and Zelo wasn't going to object and risk another strange walk-out from Jongup so he simply gave the older boy a slightly disgruntled look and let it happen.
After a quick snack at the school canteen Jongup showed Zelo the way to his next lesson,history, and once again told the younger boy he'd come get him once class was over. It was easy enough to accept that saying no wasn't really an option when it came to Jongup suggesting things so after a half interesting hour of an introduction to his history course Zelo once again left the room to see Jongup ready and waiting for him. "So... do you have lunch with you or do you need to buy it?" Blinking blankly at the question Zelo shook his head a little. "I didn't bring anything but it's fine, I'm not hungry" smiling shyly Zelo waited for Jongup to say something. The sly smile the older boy gave him was a little eerie but his tone of voice and words still seemed nice enough. "Why don't you let me get you something?" Quickly shaking his head Zelo gave his best, by this point most well practised, polite smile. "Oh no, it's fine. Really I'm not hungry." Not take no for an answer, apparently the normal thing for Jongup, he once again slung his arm over Zelo's shoulders and started walking with him back to the canteen.
Unlike at during the first small break the canteen wasn't a mostly empty, large space with a few food bars at the back, there were now large tables, each seating 6 people, lined around the large room. A long buffet type line ran along the right and back walls of the room, with a tray at the start and a few tills at the end. On first glance there were about 20 tables inside and most of them were full, Zelo recognised a few of the students from his homeroom and one or two from his classes, walking with Jongup the teen joined the line of students at the buffet-like canteen and took a tray from the stack near him. He let Jongup lead and as the two made their way round the line the older boy took the liberty of explain things to Zelo. "So basically what you see is what you get, the first thing is always salad and its always the same, a plate of salad costs about 3,000 won ((like £1.50)) and then it's normal pasta or chips at the next section, those cost about the same," as Jongup walked along the line he picked up a small plate of chips for himself and placed it on his tray, Zelo quickly grabbed one of the smal plates of salad and walked with the older boy, "next you've got your hot plates, sometimes it's meat, pork, chicken, the normal, others days it's fish and sometimes we get some gammon or spam, the meats are normally like 4,500 won per serving so not too bad I guess." Jongup walked straight passed the meat and Zelo made a mental not to ask him if he was a vegetarian or something later, also passing the meat, not wanting to spend too much if Jongup's money, the teen confined to follow the older boy round. "Now you've got your soups, usually a selection of three different types is available and they're the same price as the salad, u less you get bread rolls with it, that's and extra 500 won,  all the side dishes are between 200 and 800 won, you got humus, kimchi, bread sticks and stuff like that, then there's the puddings. These range from about 500 to 3,500 won depending what you get and how much of it," as he spoke Jongup put a slice of lemon drizzle cake on Zelo's tray and a slice of chocolate on his own, walking again he ushered Zelo to a small selection of drinks, both fizzy and soft, and looked at the big while waiting for him to make a choice. Zelo grabbed a bottle of orange juice and watched as Jongup picked up a can of come then once again followed the older boy, carrying their trays now the two made their way to one of the small tills there, they both greeted the woman next to the small till as she priced all their items, once Jongup had payed he walked to an empty table and Zelo sat opposite him. There was an awkward pause where Zelo wasn't sure what to say, not wanting it to seem like he was being rude for the same of being rude, the teen quickly ate a mouthful of salad and chewed slowly to give his brain time to think of something to say. Noticing the younger boy's quietness Jongup smiled warmly. "You know it's not really that bad around here, once you get used to everything, and you'll have it easier because you've got me to look out for ya." 
 
 
A/N- sorry it's all pretty boring at the moment.. it's leading up to something though ^_^
please comment if you want~ let me know what you think :)