End of the day (Yongguk)

The real world

 

Finally making his way home after his day at the office Yongguk pressed in the lock code for his apartment and stepped in, smiling at smelling the familiar scent of beef being grilled. Shrugging off his jacket and hanging it up then taking off his shoes and putting them away, Yongguk made his way, quietly, to the kitchen. His smile brightened at seeing his partner stood by the oven, two plates with veg and rice already set up and steaming, ready to be joined with the meat, it was clear that the younger man hadn't noticed Yongguk's return as be hummed to himself while cooking, his deep voice only just audible over the sizzling of the beef cooking. Slowly and silently approaching the younger man Yongguk stood behind him and wrapped his arms round his waist, chuckling softly as the younger man jumped in surprise. Resting his chin on the younger man's shoulder once he returned his attention to cooking the beef, Yongguk softly whispered to him, "I didn't think you'd be home already" The younger man shook his head a little and glanced at Yongguk over his shoulder before speaking. "I had a client cancel so I thought I'd make us something nice to eat, I don't remember the last time we had a proper home cooked meal." Nodding, Yongguk let do of his partner's waist and walked over to sit at the already set up table, drinking some of the water there he watched his partner work and plate the beef before walking over with both meals and setting them on the table. 
They ate and had the normal conversations
"How was your day?"
"Good"
"How was work?"
"That's classified and you know it."
"Any days off this month?"
"Not as far as I can tell"
"How's everyone at the office?"
"They're fine." 
After the seemingly mandatory and routine questions both men had finished their meal, as every other night Yongguk offered to clean up and put all the used dishes into the dishwasher, wiped the sides and cleared the table while his partner had a quick shower and got ready for bed. This time was always a bit of a game for Yongguk. Seeing if he could finish clearing up before his partner finished in the shower. If he could, which had happened a total of 3 times in their 4 year relationship, then he'd hop in the shower with the younger man, if not then he'd have to shower alone. It wasn't a game he was very good at but today he was hopeful, speedily putting everything away and walking into the bathroom about 7 minutes after starting the washing. As he stepped into the room his partner was stepping out of the shower, already a towel wrapped round the man's slim waist. Frowning and tilting his head to the side in a, hopefully, cute manner the older man shook his head a little pleadingly and gazed at his partner longingly. Smiling softly the younger boy let Yongguk stare for a while before slowly dropping his towel to the floor and stepping back into the shower, inviting the older man to join him without a word. As soon as he heard the water running again Yongguk quickly pulled off his clothes, letting them litter the floor and stepped under the warm warm water, wrapping his arms round the younger man from behind again Yongguk smiled as he spoke, a little "thank you" for getting back in the shower,  for understanding that he needed this time with him, for the dinner, for being so damn perfect, for everything. The younger leant back against Yongguk for a moment before turning around with a wash cloth in hand, he stepped away from Yongguk a little to be able to wash the older man's chest, neck, shoulders and arms, taking his time to tenderly wipe the older man clean. Yongguk happily let his partner clean him off, sighing in content as the warm water washed over them he looked at the younger man and smiled softly. Noticing the older man's stare the younger lightly hit his chest to get his proper attention before speaking. "You seem.. different." Eyes widening slightly Yongguk quickly shook his head and pointed almost accusationly at his partner. "None of that, don't go physc evaluating me Doctor~" the last word was said playfully but the rest of what was said was completely serious and nodding a little the younger man put both hands above his head and with the same playfully tone spoke, "sorry officer..." Smirking at the response Yongguk stepped towards the younger and poked his chest. "It's detective" Laughing a little the younger man rolled his eyes and brought his arms down to rest his hands on his hips. "Yeah yeah, I'm going to bed.." Stepping passed Yongguk the other man slipped out the shower and picked up his towel again, walking out the room with it on he looked over his shoulder at the older man and smiled, "Goodnight Detective Bang Yongguk" a wide smile on his face, Yongguk turned back to the shower and continued cleaning himself off, calling out, "Goodnight, Doctor Kim Himchan."