Closer to Acceptance

The real world

It took Yongguk a moment to realise why Zelo was so angry but looking at the magazine on his desk he sighed heavily and quickly put the thing in his top desk draw, hoping that it not being in view might help the situation a little. Before dealing with the obviously fuming teen Yongguk sent a quick text to the officer that had been guarding him that he could stop panicking at not being able to find the boy. Indicating to one of the seats the other side of his desk Yongguk waited patiently for the boy to sit and leaning back into his chair he tried his best to explain again why Zelo couldn’t see that man.

“Junhong, you have to understand-”

“Zelo. My name is Zelo, why don’t you people get it I’m not this kidnapped baby, I don’t have a tragic background, just let me go home.” The anger in the teen’s voice was replaced with sadness as tears clouded his vision. Feeling guilty for not being able to do anything Yongguk stood up and walked to his door.

“I’m taking you to see Himchan. He’ll be able to explain better than me, come on.” Crossing his arms over his chest Zelo pushed himself into the chair more and glared at Yongguk’s desk, sulking at not getting the answer he wanted.

“Jun- Zelo please. I get that this is hard for you but I have a lot to do, just see Himchan and I’ll see what I can do about arranging a meeting with Hyunsu for you” Keeping his arms crossed and expression sour Zelo stood up and grudgingly stood up and followed Yongguk out of the building and got into the man’s car. He was silent the 10 minute drive to Himchan’s office and got out without saying another word to Yongguk.

After talking to the receptionist Zelo was ushered into a large office, the walls and floors were covered in wooden panels and the lighting was soft, a cliché leather lounge chair sat on the right side of the room, a comfy looking red velvet covered armchair angled near it. It looked the same as in the movies and just like in the movies it was boring. The villainous looking man from the police station stood up at seeing Yongguk and Zelo enter, he smiled warmly at them and Zelo had to admit that it made him seem a lot less dark and scary.

“Afternoon Detective Bang, I didn’t expect to see you so soon, Zelo you wanna go get comfortable and I’ll be with you in just a second” still sulking a little Zelo made his way to the lounge chair and sat on the edge of it and watched as Himchan and Yongguk had their own little conversation.

“I’ve told you Himchan, just call me Yongguk ok?”

“And I’ve told you Detective, in front of patients call me Doctor Kim.” Shaking his head a little at the younger man Yongguk walked out of the room and left him to work with Zelo. Taking his place in the red covered armchair and looked at the teen in front of him.

“You can lie back if you want”

“I’m fine like this.” Softly nodding Himchan leant forwards a little and watched the teen. He didn’t speak. He didn’t move. No questions, or accusations, or statements. Just those edged eyes staring. Looking anywhere but at the man Zelo started fidgeting on the spot, waiting for something to happen, getting more and more uncomfortable as the silence prolonged and the staring continued Zelo muttered under his breath, knowing Himchan would hear.

“You’re not very good at this whole helping thing.” Laughing and relaxing into his chair Himchan shook his head at the boy then, looking at him again, he spoke with ease.

“I suppose not. You may as well leave then.” Blinking at the older boy Zelo cocked his head to the side and looked from him to the door and back to him, “that’s what you want isn’t it?” Himchan’s question sent a jolt of pain to the teen’s heart and, not understanding why, Zelo bit his bottom lip to stop it quivering. He was annoyed at himself for feeling so hurt at the question and managed to force himself to speak, quietly and slowly, trying to control his emotions as he did.

“I don’t know. I don’t know anymore.” Himchan gestured for Zelo to lie down, slowly lowering himself onto his back the teen looked up at the plain white ceiling and waited for the older boy to speak again.

“It’s ok to be confused right now. Just tell me what you’re thinking, how you feel?” Zelo opened his mouth to speak but quickly changed his mind and glanced at Himchan. The older boy was looking at him but it wasn’t the same as before, his expression was calmer now, caring.

“I just. I can’t believe that the man that raised me, the man that loved me, isn’t who I thought he was.” Thinking about the news broadcasts he’d watched and the magazine headline Zelo shook his head and tried to explain as clearly as he could. “He never did anything to hurt me. He taught me and he didn’t lie to me. I mean, I’ve always known that there are people all around the world and I know how to be polite and I know other stuff. I just, I don’t see what he did that was so wrong.” Nodding to the teen Himchan took a deep breath, hating this part of his job, and spoke as clearly as he could.

“He took you away from a loving family. I know those news casts reported your mother’s suicide. She chose death over a life without you, she only had a life without you because Kim Hyunsu took you away from her. You’ve seen the movies Zelo, you must understand the bond between a mother and her child.” Zelo turned to look at Himchan again and saw the sincerity on his face, as much as the teen didn’t want to believe what the man was saying he knew it was true. “Your father worked so hard to find you, he did everything in his power to keep the search going and until his dying day he believed that you’d be found. Kim Hyunsu took you away from your father, when all that man wanted was a son.” Biting his bottom lip again Zelo closed his eyes and tried to let the reality in. “Detective Bang was almost cut from the force because he refused to give up the search for you. He almost lost everything because Kim Hyunsu took you.” Balling his hands into fists Zelo forced himself to listen despite the tightness of his chest. “That man didn’t take you for love, or to take care of you. He didn’t take you because it was the best thing for you, he took you because he wanted to hurt the people around you. He hurt you because he is a bad person with no regard for others. Do you understand that?” Ignoring the fact that he wanted to run to wherever his uncle was and go home and never leave again Zelo swallowed back his ignorance and nodded to Himchan.

 

 

A/N - Please let me know what you think ^^

really scared I'm boring you guissee >. <