9

The Best Friend Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nine

 

Yoong's POV

 

“I'm leaving.” I revealed.

 

“What?!?! Since When?!?!” Sunny, Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Yul exclaimed, but Jessica just sat there staring at me.

 

Jessica aren't you going to miss me? Aren't you even a little surprised?

 

“Yah! IM YOONG ANSWER US!” Sunny yelled.

 

“My appa asked me to watch over one of our new hotels in California until the manager can fully manage it.” I forced a smile.

 

“How long are you going to be gone?” Tiffany asked, her face looked sad.

 

“I don't know probably 1 year maybe 2.”

 

“When are you going?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“My flight leaves this Friday.”

 

“WHAT?!?” They all exclaimed again.

 

“Yah! Why didn't you tell us sooner?” Sunny glared.

 

“I-I-I couldn't find the right timing and besides you guys can always visit right?” I scratched the back of my neck.

 

“*sigh* arraso we understand why you need to go.” Yul said.

 

“Yah~ Jessi why aren't you saying anything? Did you know about this the whole time?” Sunny turned her attention to Jessica.

 

But instead of answering Jessica just stood up and ran away.

 

“Yah! JESSI”

 

“SICA!!”

 

“SICA BABY!” We all yelled.

 

Yul was about to run after her but I stopped him.

 

“Yul, I think I need to talk to Sica about this. I didn't tell her so she must be really surprised.”

 

And Yul just gave me a knowing nod and sat back down, while I ran after my best friend.

 

Jessica's POV

 

I'm leaving, I'm leaving, I'm leaving, I'm leaving

 

Those words keep replying in my mind like a broken record.

 

When he said that I couldn't even react. I didn't know what to say. I just stared at him. He explained everything, but him being gone for 2 years is way too long. I know that we can still visit him, but will we even get a chance, because after we all graduate, our parents already decided will take on more responsibilities in our respected companies plus, we also have to attend university.

 

Not wanting to hear anything any longer I ran. My heart couldn't handle it. I know I despise running but I couldn't stay there anymore. And I couldn't let them see the tears that finally fell from my eyes.

 

I've been running for a while now. When I turned around I couldn't even see the bonfire anymore. So I stopped and just stared at the ocean with the moon reflecting beautifully on it's surface while my tears kept falling.

 

“SICA!! Where are you?” I heard a familiar voice yell.

 

But I didn't feel like responding so I buried my head in my arms.

 

“SICA!!” The voice yelled out.

 

“SICA! Where are you?” The voice yelled out again.

 

“SICA!!” The voice came closer.

 

“So this is where you ran off to.” Yoong said and took a seat next to me, but I still refused to lift my head up.

 

“Sica aren’t' you going to talk to me?” He asked, but I still didn't respond.

 

“Sica~~ Sicachu~~ sica sica sicachu~~ talk to Yoong, pweeeaaassseee” He used his aegyo voice that I love.

 

But I didn't talk to him. Instead I got up and walked away.

 

“Yah! Where are you going off to now?” He held onto my wrist and turned me around.

 

“PABO PABO PABO!!” I yelled at him while hitting his chest continuously.

 

“Ow Sica, ow, stop.” He held my wrists firmly.

 

“Oi why are you crying?” He asked while he wiped my tears with his thumb.

 

And right then my heat couldn't take it anymore.

 

“Pabo-yah~ why didn't you tell me?” I cried into his chest.

 

“Shh Shhh mian mian.” He held me close and rubbed my back.

 

I cried into his chest for a while until I finally stopped.

 

“Are you okay now?” He asked still rubbing my back.

 

He tried to pull out from our hug but I tighten my grip on his waist.

 

“Yoong, can we stay like this for a little while longer?” I asked.

 

“Sure.” And he held me tighter.

 

The feeling of being in is arms is so comfortable. I never realized how warm and comfy I felt in his arms until now.

 

We stayed in that position for a while until I finally lifted my head and met his gaze.

 

He smiled at me, that special smile of his that can send butterflies into anyone's stomach.

 

“Are you better now?” He asked and wiped away some of the left over tears.

 

“Mhm.” I nodded my head and pulled out of his hold and walked towards the ocean.

 

“Sica mianhae.” He said while he stood next to me.

 

“Yoong you breached our contract.” I looked at him.

 

“I know I kept this from you but I had my reasons.” He tried to smile.

 

“But still~ Were those reason enough to break our promise?” I asked.

 

“No they weren't. So what's my punishment?” He looked down.

 

“*sigh* I don't know Yoong. But right now I'm really sad and angry at you. Do you know how lonely I'll be when you leave?”

 

“Sica, you won't be alone. You have Sunny, Soo, Fany, and Yul.” He gave me a small smile.

 

“It won't be the same. Who'll be the one taking care of me when I'm sick? Making me laugh when I'm sad? Cooking good food for me when I'm hungry but don't want to eat what the chef at my house cooks? Who'll be the one teasing and pranking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter