3

The Best Friend Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three

 

Author's POV

 

School finally ended and the students were going their separate ways.

 

“Yoong, do you have practice today?” Jessica asked as she packed her bag.

 

“Yeah, later, but it's just a debriefing from last week's game, so it won't last long. Why?” Yoong asked.

 

“Okay, I need to talk to you about something so meet me at the student council office after you finish.”

 

“Yeah, okay. But hey Sica, I have to go. I'll see you later then.” Yoong waved goodbye, and ran towards the field where Yul was already waiting.

 

“Yul, did you wait long?” Yoong asked.

 

“No, I just got here.” Yul smiled.

 

“Okay, so what did you want to tell me?” Yoong asked, feeling an uneasiness in his body.

 

“*deep breath* Yoong, you and Sica are just best friends right? Nothing more?” Yul asked, he wanted to make sure that Yoong and Jessica's feelings weren't anything more than just best friends.

 

“Yeah, you know that Sica and I only best friends. She's like a sister I never had.” Yoong forced a smile, which Yul didn't catch.

 

“Great, okay. Yoong I like her, no scratch that, I'm in love with Sica.” Yul dropped the bomb.

 

Yoong's POV

 

Yul loves Jessica? And I know Jessica feels the same way about him, I can tell.

 

“Really? You fell in love with the ice princess? Is this what you wanted to say? I thought you were going to confess to me.” I bitterly laughed at my joke.

 

“HAHA eww no. And yes, I fell in love with her, I fell in love with your best friend, which is why I wanted to ask for your permission to confess. I just felt like I needed an Okay sign from you before I tell her, and I also wanted to ask for your help.” Yul laughed at my joke, I guess he didn't realize my bitter laugh. Oh well, I guess it's better if he didn't.

 

“I see. Okay Yul, I'll help you confess. Besides, I don't think anyone else out there knows Sica as much as I do.” I forced a smile, but I know right now I just want to scream my heart out. But no, I can't. I'll be happy for them. For her.

 

“Really? YES!! Yoong your awesome you know that.” Yul jumped up in joy.

 

At least one of us is happy.

 

“But Yul. Promise me one thing.” I asked him with seriousness emanating from my body.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Promise me that no matter what, you'll always taker care of her and that you won't hurt her.”

 

“I promise Yoong. I promise I'll care of her heart.” He smiled.

 

“Okay, but Yul, if you do anything. And I mean anything to hurt her and make her cry. I will personally kill you.” I threatened him.

 

“Yoong, that won't happen I won't hurt or make her cry.” he assured me.

 

“Okay, then, but Yul, I have to go. I still have soccer practice. I'll see you later.”

 

“Yeah, sure. I have to get home too. See you later then.” He waved goodbye, and I just stared at him, and weakly flashed him a smile as he waved at me.

 

Yul's POV

 

Assa! I knew asking Yoong would be a good choice. Yoong is such an awesome guy, I'm actually quite surprised he doesn't have feelings for Jessica. I guess, they're only meant to be as friends. But now I have to plan a confession, hmmm... what to do. I hope she will say yes.

 

Yoong's POV

 

Aish~ this is what I get huh. This is what I get for falling for her. Is this why people say guys and girls can't be just friends? Because in the long run, one of them ends up falling? *sigh*

 

It's okay Im Yoong, hwaiting. If you and Jessica were meant to be, it'll happen, eventually. If not, then I should be happy. I should be happy for her. I should be happy because she's my best friend and one true love.

 

After Yul left, I ran to soccer practice, but my mind wasn't even paying attention to what the coach was saying, it didn't even matter since we won the game he was talking about. And was just talking about the minor mistakes we made.

 

After practice, I ran to the student council room, remembering that Jessica had something to say. Aigoo~ I hope she won't confirm my hunch that she likes Yul. My heart is already torn in half, I don't need it to be crushed right now.

 

When I got to the student council room, Jessica was really focused on the paper work in her hand.

 

“*ahem* It seems like the VP is working harder then the Prez.” I joked and sat in front of her desk.

 

“That's because the Prez, is too focused on soccer practice then on the student body.” She countered.

 

“Ouch~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter