4

The Best Friend Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four

 

Yoong's POV

 

I ran and ran. I ran away from them, but not from the heart break. I didn't even know how or why, but I ended up at Taeng's grave. It's times like this that I really need Taeng around. He's the second closest friend I have, after Jessica.

 

“Hey, buddy.” I sat down on the grass and greeted him.

 

“Sorry, I didn't bring you anything. I kinda just ended up running here.” I sadly smiled.

 

“*sigh* Taeng, you were right about me and Jessica. You were right. I should have told her, and not have been afraid of the consequences, but now I'm too late.” I said and buried my head in my hands.

 

~Flashback- Sophomore Year - Author's POV~

 

“So are you going to do it?” Taeng asked.

 

“Do what? I don't know what your talking about?” Yoong replied.

 

“Oh c'mon Yoong, I'm not an idiot. I know you like Sica.” Taeng said with a playful smirk.

 

“Of course I like her, she's my best friend.” Yoong replied oblivious to what Taeng really means.

 

“Not that kind of like, Pabo-yah. I meant You, fell in love with your best friend, just like how I fell in love with mine.” Taeng said and playfully hit Yoong's heat with his knuckles.

 

“I don't know what your talking about.” Yoong replied acting oblivious to Taeng's remark.

 

“Aish~ stop being stubborn, we're also best friends right? So tell me the truth.” Taeng playfully hit Yoong's side with his elbow.

 

“Yah! Why do you keep hitting me?” Yoong tried to change the topic, but Taeng just gave him a just-tell-me-that-you-like-her-because-I-know-you-do face.

 

“*sigh* arraso arraso, you win. Okay, I admit, that I like her more than as my best friend.” Yoong gave up and told Taeng the truth, that Taeng already knew.

 

“Keke I knew it! So are you going to tell her?” Taeng said, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“What? No, I don't want to ruin our friendship if she doesn't feel the same way, plus we made a pact to never fall for each other.”

 

“Yoong, you never know until you try. Look at me and Fany, we were best friends then I confessed look how we are now.”

 

“We know, you guys are so cheesy I think we're all becoming lactose intolerant.” Yoong laughed.

 

“Yoong, I'm serious here. Tell her, you never know, she might have the same feelings. Don't let the what if's and negative consequences hold you back. If you keep it to yourself for too long, you'll just end up losing your chance and she'll end up with another. Screw that stupid pact you two made, just go for it. Kinda like the slogan for Nike: Just Do It.” Taeng seriously said while looking Yoong straight in the eyes.

 

“*sigh* I know Taeng, but I don't think now is a good time. Let me figure it out. I'll tell her someday.”

 

“You swear?” Taeng squinted his eyes.

 

“Fine, I swear, I'll tell her someday.”

 

“Okay, but if you don't do it before this year ends, I'll do it for you.” Taeng playfully said and ran away from Yoong.

 

“Yah! You midget, get back here. Don't even think of telling her about this.” Yoong chased after him and ended up catching up to the dorky guy.

 

“Taeng, you better keep this between us, just me and you.” Yoong pleaded.

 

“Arraso, Yoong, I get it. But I'm serious. You need to tell her, before it's too late.” Taeng said.

 

And Yoong just nodded his head, it was no use arguing with Taeng at this point, because Yoong knows that Taeng is right.

 

~End Flashback~

 

“You know what Taeng, I wish you were here right now. I really need you right now. I really miss my dorky brother.” I said and let all the tears I held back fall. I didn't even try to wipe them away and I just let them fall.

 

Author's POV

 

Yoong's been crying for so long that he didn't even realize he was no longer alone.

 

“Here.” Tiffany said and handed Yoong her handkerchief.

 

“Fany-ah, what are you doing here?” Yoong asked wiping away his tears with her handkerchief.

 

“Just visiting an old friend.” Tiffany smiled and took a seat next to the doe-eyed boy.

 

“What about you?” She questioned.

 

“I-I-I just kinda of ended up here.” Yoong forced a smile.

 

“I see, but Yoong, didn't you tell me to let go? But here you are still holding on.” Tiffany joked trying to lift Yoong's mood.

 

“I've already let go of Taeng, Fany-ah, but this is one of those times when I wish he was still here.” Yoong bitterly smiled.

 

“Yoong, what happened? Why are you crying? Tell me, I'll be Taeng for you.” Tiffany sincerely said.

 

“Fany-ah, was it easy for you to fall in love with Taeng?” Yoong questioned.

 

“Yes, but at first, I was scared because Taetae and I were best friends, and I was afraid that if we became more than that, our friendship might suffer in the end. But at the end of the day, I was glad that midget confessed, because I realized how much I cared for him as more than a best friend.” Tiffany smiled, remembering the wonderful memories she had with Taeng.

 

“Yoong, does this have anything to do with your feelings for Jessi?” Tiffany asked. She wasn't sure, but she had a feeling that Yoong likes Jessica as more than a friend.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter