Chapter 9

Secrets and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesung and Dara rode the car in silence. The ride lasted for about ten minutes before they arrived at his pad. Dara used to spend her free time there with him. They seldom went out to avoid being seen in public. They would watch some old movies, listen to the music, eat and cook together or just hang out in his place.

 

When they entered his pad, she immediately went to get an ice pack and hand it to him. She went to his room and scrambled to get the first aid kit from his cabinet. When she went out from the room, he was already slouched in the couch and drinking a cold iced beer instead of applying the ice pack to his bruises. She immediately got hold of the ice and pressed it hard on his face.

 

 “Yaaaaaaaaa. Ouch. It hurts” Yesung complained. “That’s what you get for having a fist fight. A while ago you acted like you were invincible, and now you winced with the touch of an ice pressed on your cheeks.” He was like a kid being reprimanded by his mother for having engaged in a fist fight with a classmate at his school. But this time it was his girlfriend who was nagging him about the fight and it was not a classmate whom he punched. Instead it was a friend and a brother.

 

“It wasn’t me who started it.” He said as he drank his cold beer.

“I know. And I’m sorry, it was all because of me” Dara said apologetically.

“No. No. It wasn’t you.” He was quick to add.

 

She took a swab and poured some beta dine on it and applied it to the wounds on his face. He was very much like a kid who winced at every tap of the cotton swab. He looked at her lovingly as she applied the medicine. He adored her and loved her very much that he didn’t care if he fought for her with life and death. “I love you” he blurted out. “I know you do” was her only reply and kissed the wound on his swollen upper lip. That was another thing he liked about him. They were not the type of couple who says their I love you’s very often but when he says it to her at random moments, her heart just melts. The randomness of saying it made those moments magical. He says it and he means it.

 

Yesung finished two cans of beer and an hour later laid his head at her lap. They were still at the living room and Dara was searching for a channel to watch. There weren’t any programs that she liked to watch at the moment. She flipped through Yesung’s collection of CDs and DVDs and found a copy of one of her favorite movies, One More Chance. She decided to watch it while Yesung was drifting to sleep as he lay on her lap. She liked the movie very much that she never got tired of watching it over and over again. She caressed Yesung’s hair as she watched an intense scene from the film. Good thing he was already asleep because just then her tears began to fall as she cried over the male protagonist’s agonizing pain for his lady love and for breaking up with him. The scene was so moving and a tearjerker. She had watched the same movie over and over again but this time was different. It was as if the movie had somewhat deeper storyline. It was more passionate and deeply moving.

 

Maybe it was because her heart was also reeling from hurt and pain. Maybe the movie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter