Chapter 5

Secrets and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone brightly and a ray of sunshine fell on her hair. Dara soon awoke and felt the throbbing pain in her head. was dry and she was suddenly thirsty. Her stomach was churning as if she had not eaten for a week. Realizing she had been lying down, she slowly moved herself and tried to sit but suddenly felt quite dizzy. So she struggled to sit still and tried to make sense of what was happening and what has happened. But something caught her attention and quickly forgot whatever it was she was thinking at the moment. It was something she did not expect to see and it made her excited and happy amidst the headache. It was something worth remembering.

 

 The blinds were wide open and whatever it was behind that glass wall was quite blinding. From her bed she could see the panoramic view of the cityscape. She quickly got up from the king sized bed and went to the glass wall to inspect the view. It was a breathtaking and spectacular view. Seeing a picturesque scene of the financial landscape and river of Singapore was a marvelous experience. She stood there for a minute or two just looking and admiring the view. It was as if with those minutes she had completely forgotten about the headache or whatever she was thinking or feeling.

 

“Beautiful!” he said. It sounded more like he was calling her beautiful instead of referring to the view she was looking at. She was surprised to hear a man’s voice and realized that someone, other than herself was at the room. Her reverie was broken once he heard the man’s voice. She promptly looked from behind and found him there sipping his coffee and looking at the picturesque scene. She was dumbfounded the moment she saw his face.

 

“What the……………” Dara was clueless that she was not able to finish off her sentence. She froze and quickly scanned her surroundings. Realizing that she was not at her hotel room, she covered and just stood there for a minute-a minute that seemed to last for eternity. She tried remembering what happened and why in the world would she be sleeping in someone else’s room. She tried with all her might, to remember what happened but fear and panic prevented her to gather recollections from what had just happened. Her instinct kicked in and she found herself shouting at him.

 “Get out of here. Get out” she ordered him. “I said Get. Out. Of. Here” she lashed out at him. And when he just stood there, she punched his chest and let out numerous slaps on his arms which he used to shield from her punches. He tried to take control of her and finally got hold of her. “Wait..wait..please calm down..wait..” he said calmly. And when she continued being a little bit hysterics, Donghae’s voice grew louder. “I said calm down and let me explain” he ordered. And with that she stopped shouting and froze like a little girl who had just been reprimanded for not behaving well. They stood there in silence. Him, holding her hands, and her, trying to hold on the tears that was clouding her vision.

“I’m..I’m sorry” she said hesitantly. “I..I did not..mean to hurt you like that” , her words trailed.

She heaved a sigh when she realized she was still wearing her white dress from last night’s party. Relief washed away her fears. She slowly untangled h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter