Chapter 1

Secrets and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He was a super star in his own right. He was a member of a famous super group in South Korea.

A dancer, singer, composer and an actor at the same time, he seemed to be the perfect bachelor every woman would want to snag and every teenagers' dream guy who would sweep off their feet. To add to the already long list of desirable qualities every girl would like in a guy, he was as handsome as handsome can be. A James Dean esque kind of guy who looked rebellious yet full of innocence. He has received recognition on his acting and singing skills which led him to have a large fanbase of his own. He was not the most famous member of the group nor the best among them. He knew it and he came to accept it wholeheartedly. He has high respect for the members of the group and considered them as his family. In an industry where fame and looks are important, it was hard to trust people and find true friends. It was hard to belong in an industry where everyone competes for everyone's attention, where every word could be misconstrued and caused a scandal. But he came to love this industry that got him fame, fortune and friends. He knew that he cannot please everyone but he also believed in showing good intentions and treating people nicely even when  being criticized. He accepted criticisms of course, it was part and parcel of being a celebrity.

 Having a large and solid fan base from all over the world was overwhelming. It gave him the affirmation and satisfaction of the work he has done as an artist. But at the same time it gave him little privacy, a privacy which was very important to him and to the people he loved. He found it difficult to even interact with members of the other boy and girl groups in social networking sites where even just a simple hi or hello or even an emoticon could mean so much to the fans and netizens and this could lead them to speculate and assume things differently. It would sometimes make them or break them. And that was the thing about fans because he did not just consider them as just fans but he wanted to treat  them as friends who supports him in every endeavor. What he had achieved, he owes it to his mentors, friends and supporters. And he was very thankful and honored  for that.

Seven years―that's how long he had been seen on television and performed on different stages across the globe. He could still remember during his trainee days the hardships he went through.  He was plagued with rumours after rumours throughout his career and most of them were not even close to the truth. He had collaborated with different artists and every time he would work on a project with a girl idol, gossip about them would start to circulate around different social networking sites. Even when he would just hang out with his friends or labelmates who happens to be a girl, a story about them would be fabricated just so they can say they are having a relationship. Sometimes he felt the need to explain the truth but other times he also felt he does not need to explain things since people would only believe what they like to hear. Sometimes another story could be created from one's explanation and that angle would deviate from the truth. Indeed, it was hard to be an idol, he thought. 

But it was much harder for him not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter