Chapter 4

Secrets and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just as she was about to say her order, a guy suddenly occupied the chair next to hers and asked in a deep voice “Drinks?”It happened so fast she did not noticed from her peripheral view that he was approaching. She was caught off guard for a few seconds. But she quickly regained her composure. She looked at him, like a normal person would look and said sarcastically “I might need a drink, a hard one that is after seeing you”. “Screwdriver on the rocks, please” she said with emphasis on the word ‘screw’. Donghae smirked and let out a genuine trademark smile of his. “Jameson on the rocks, please” and he said it with emphasis on the words ‘on the rocks’. It was as if a relationship had just been described with emphasis on those two words, screwed and on the rocks. They sat and drink in silence for two whole minutes without saying a word to each other. Awkward- that is what best described the atmosphere between the two of them. And when the silent was enough to wake his consciousness, he blurted the words “Come back to me”. Those four words seemed so simple to say yet it took him a lot of courage and time to have finally said it. Another silence transpired between the two of them, for she did not know what to feel or what to say the least. It seemed like a simple yet complicated idea to understand. And when she finally had the courage to reply, she just smiled and drank the remaining alcohol on her glass. “I think I might need another drink” Dara told the bar tender as she offered her glass.

 

“Why now? Everything’s too late” she said seriously as she retrieved her refilled glass. And another silence followed.

“I never thought this day would come when I would ask you to come back to me again because I knew from day one that I’ll never have to let you go or loose you to anyone. But things happen and I know that everything happens for a reason, for the best and worst reasons”, Donghae said sincerely.

 

She let out a deep breath and said “Two years..two years..and you never bothered to contact me and out of the blue you just came here and tell me you want me to come back…..I don’t think so” Her anger and hatred was starting to show. But no, she cannot let it control her. She needed a relief from what was happening at the moment so she drank, emptied her glass and ordered another round. She was in a public place and everyone might see them and make stories about them. “I don’t care” she told herself. Maybe it was the alcohol talking- the alcohol setting in her system and the alcohol that calmed her.

 

She stared at her drink.  She looked around to see if someone noticed them having conversation. But no one was watching them and everyone seemed oblivious to what they were talking about. She continued to keep her voice low yet audible for just the two of them to hear. “Why now? Because I’m already a member of 2ne1 and have established a career? Because now…now the mighty Donghae will not be ashamed of me anymore because the Dara you knew was not popular then?”

 

“Never have I been ashamed to be with you. Please remember that” he said and quickly gulped his remaining drinks.” And I’m sorry if I made you feel that way. It was never my intention to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter