Chapter 7

Secrets and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Open up. They’re gone.” Donghae ordered Dara.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. They already left”

She finally sighed and felt relieved. She opened the door and faced him.

“You three are really close huh? For them to know about…” she trailed.  She found it awkward to say the word “us” but she said it anyway.  “About us”

“So you haven’t really dated anyone, after….after what happened?” she asked.

He laughed and finally said “Yeah. Thanks to you. You left me with no choice but to mend the once-broken hearted me.”

She did not know how to react to that statement. She was confused whether to take it as a joke or treat it with sarcasm. But she was also unsure whether he was serious when he said it or he was just fooling again, as usual. She looked straight into his eyes and said “Wow. So, should I say you’re welcome? Or thank you too for breaking my heart. I guess were even now”

And now it was his time to feel uneasy. He thought that she had taken his statement seriously. So, he tried to make amends.

He laughed again and reminded her about what happened last night. “ No, I guess were not even. I still have to thank you for last night.” And he giggled and then laughed hard that it echoed through the room.

“No problem. You’re welcome” she said sarcastically. “I bet that was the best night ever of your life. But I’m sorry to disappoint you, someone already broke that record for me.”

And now, they were playing the battle of the wits and sarcasm.

“Really? I thought you just said a while ago that it was awesome?”

“Oh, I did? Ah, how quickly could I forget? Maybe it’s not worth remembering at all”

“Hah. Considering you haven’t got yourself a boyfriend?” he joked.

“And you knew about me not having a boyfriend because…..?”

“I had my sources. You know me.”

“So, you’re spying on me now? Wow. Nice move. So, last night, you planne it all along?”

“I knew you were smart. You got it. Nice plan huh?”

She clapped her hands and jokingly said “The worse laid out plan, ever!”

 

And speaking of worse, the worst is still yet to come. Someone was in the process of unlocking the door knob when suddenly Donghae remembered that he did not double lock the door. And worst of all he remembered his manager had a complimentary key card.

Dara noticed that the door was slowly being opened. She was about to run away and hide. But it was too late.

She just froze and braced herself for whoever was coming and for whatever is going to happen. And suddenly……

Someone emerged from the door. He was as shock as they were.

When he finally spoke “I’m…I’m sorry to disturb you. I didn’t know you two were here. I was just…… I guess I’ll just come back” And he slowly closed the door without hearing what he/she was about say.

 

“I guess, I really have to go this time. I’m sorry” she told Donghae and quickly head straight to the door.

“But…how…” he was not able to finish off his sentence since she went out right away.

He ran after her only to end up at the door. He called out “Hey, wait”. She did not look back or maybe she just pretended not to hear him. He was about to step outside the room but remembered that he cannot risk being seen with her. He fought the urge to run after her but decided not to at the last minute. He just found himself closing the door. He just stood there, facing the room with his back on the door. He thought about the what-might-have-beens and the what-ifs.

What if he runs after her?                            But someone might see them.

So what if someone sees them?                               Then everyone will know.

What if everyone will know?                      So what if everyone will know?

Then he thought about the consequences, especially the negative ones. And he was lost in his thoughts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter