The End of the Beginning

Secrets and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had already been a year since she agreed to Yesung’s marriage proposal. She can still vividly remember when he knelt in front of her, with a diamond-studded ring and asked her to marry him. How could she forget that scene when everyone was all smiles, cheering and making a toast as a celebration of another milestone for the couple.

She was surprised that he asked for her hand in marriage in front of their friends, including Donghae. But she was beyond surprised when she accepted the ring and said “yes” to Yesung’s proposal. She had plans of settling down but his proposal came out too soon even though the wedding was expected to be in two years. It was all too soon.

She could have said no and rejected him right then and there. She could have explained to him that everything was too soon or tell him that she was not yet ready to take their relationship to the next level. But doing any of those would also mean that she was not yet sure whether he was the man that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. And what’s the use of investing more time with that person when she was not willing to spend her forever with you. Rejecting his proposal would just mean that they would be headed for a break-up. And that was the last thing on her mind.

If she declined his proposal in front of their friends, she would not have the guts to face them after that. But more so, she would not have courage to face him and explained her decision. Such was the trick that came when proposing to someone if front of an audience. Most would expect for the girl to say “Yes” because marriage proposal was deemed as just for formality and because before the engagement, couples would usually had already talked (or had a hint) about settling down. The question would just then be when would be the right time to ask that question.

Everything is just about timing, they say. And there could not be any other better time for Yesung to have proposed in front of their close friends. And there could not be a better timing than asking her right before he went to fulfill his military service. As such, Dara was left with no other choice but to accept his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter