Chapter 9

Wolf and A Beauty [HIATUS]

“Here comes the meat!” Sehun chimed. Apparently, the maknae ordered lots of meat for it was his favorite.

The waitress placed the plate full of meat in the center of the table. And Sehun’s eyes twinkled like the stars.

 

[A/N: I would just like to illustrate the seating arrangement in the Restaurant. =)]

 

     D.O          Kai     Baekhyun

-------------------------------------

Chanyeol    Sojin      Sehun    Suho

 

“Thanks for the food!” The boys beamed and started to eat.

Sojin was a little bit reluctant to eat the food. Her mother would never let her eat meat for she thinks that it was not as healthy as vegetables.

“Aren’t you going to eat Sojin-ah?” Baekhyun asked. She just looked at the meat and back at him. “I’m not allowed to.” She answered.

“Why? Meat is the best thing ever!” Sehun spoke as he stuffed his mouth with the delicious meat. “My mother won’t let me.” Sojin replied as she lowered her head in shame.

“Speaking of mother, as in ‘family’, you still haven’t told us your story Sojin.” D.O. stated. “Mind sharing it with us?” Suho asked.

She nodded in response. Sojin didn’t really mind telling them the reason why she got to Mt. Jiri. And maybe, if she told them, the burden she’s carrying her whole life would weigh less.

“Not to brag but the truth is, I’m one of those rich kids.” She stated. “Then, why did you run away from home? I mean, you got everything you want, right?” D.O asked.

“Want?” She shook her head. “I got everything I need. Not everything I wanted.” She replied.

“Then what’s the problem then?” Baekhyun asked. Sojin was left speechless. She didn’t know how to express herself in this situation.

“You can tell us Sojin. We’ll just listen.” Chanyeol grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

Somehow, she felt secured. Sojin let out a heavy sigh and nodded at Chanyeol. All ears were on her now.

“Unlike other kids, I didn’t go to school. I was home-schooled my entire life, same as my older sister, Soyeon. Back then, I was okay with the idea of having my teachers go to my house and give me private lessons. In fact, I thought it was an advantage when I was studying at home.”

Home-schooling? That’s awful. D.O. thought.

“But then, my sister went abroad to pursue a bachelor’s degree. And I was left alone. There, I realized home-schooling . All the teachers’ attention were on me. And with every mistake I make, they’d scold me. They always scold me and never really appreciated me.”

Her teachers are meaner than ours? Sehun thought.

“I was doing pretty well with my studies, yet no one recognizes all my efforts, even my parents. They were always out of the country for business purposes. Even if my parents were present, I still feel distant with them. I actually loved my parents before money transformed them into…” She didn’t want to say it but… “Greedy monsters.”

Poor Sojin. Even her parents don’t appreciate her. Baekhyun thought.

“Rich people usually have these stupid parties so they could interact with each other. I really hate it when they force me to come along. I liked interacting with people, but not with those who like to be close to me just because of my appearance, fame and riches. Actually, I always felt that I was alone. There was no one who really understood what I feel, except Jaehoon appa. He was always there for me, he believed in me. I don’t wanna say this but, sometimes, I loved him more than my parents. I endured all the pain because he was there for me. And when he left, it was heartbreaking for me.” She was starting to get teary as she compared her parents and her Jaehoon appa unwillingly.

So, that’s why you really loved him. Good thing, he was there for you. Suho thought.

“I didn’t really think of leaving home before. But when I heard that my parents were setting me up with some rich guy, I decided to leave home. They told me it was just a lunch date, but I knew more than that. They forced my sister to do the same, years ago. And now, she’s engaged with some rich jerk my parents approved of. I know I’m taking the same path as her few years from now. So, I decided to disappear for awhile, hoping it would make them stop.”

Forcing their daughter to date someone she doesn’t like? How foolish of them. Chanyeol thought.

“I know I’m being overacting but I don’t want to date Minjun. By far, he’s the perfect definition of what a jerk is like. And, I’m tired of all those sh*t.” She didn’t want to, but her range of emotions made her want to cuss. “UGGHH!” She was crying insanely right now. But, she tried to be silent as possible. She didn’t want the other people in the restaurant to look at her.

She felt dumb crying in front of the guys as she was just narrating her story, so she covered her tearing eyes with her hands.

“I’m sorry for looking so hideous right now. It’s just that I’m tired. I’m sooooo tired of my life. *sobs*” Sojin cried her heart out but she bit her lower lip to remain the silence.

Kai just stared at her. He didn’t expect a story like that would come out from . She looks so tough and cheerful but inside her was a very sad girl. No wonder Jaehoon adored her so much. It’s her strength he admired of. Pretending to be alright when she’s not.

Kai scoffed. Don’t ever pretend in front of us. We might not protect you when you’re like that.

Chanyeol grabbed her wrists and removed her hands away from her face. “Sshhh. Don’t keep all the burden by yourself. We’re here now. You can rely on us. We will always be there for you.”

He wiped the tears off her cheeks. “I’m sorry if I’m crying too much. I’m not really a crybaby. I don’t even know why I’m crying right now.” She put off a smile.

“If you’re sad, don’t smile. Don’t pretend in front of us, Sojin. Jaehoon left you with us. So, when you’re down, tell us. We’re here for you. Araso?” D.O blurted out.

For once, the members were in awe for him. Yes, he was still being straightforward but the things he just said were heartwarming.

“Araso.” She nodded. “I wasn’t pretending when I smiled. I was just happy that I have people to run up to when I’m down. I guess I found some ‘real’ friends now. I really had none.” She said.

Baekhyun squeezed her arm. “It’s okay now. We’re here. We’ll always be your friends.” He beamed at her.

Sojin was getting so emotional right now. But, crying won’t do anything good. She’s not sad anymore for she has found some good company. If she knew she’d found good friends in Mt. Jiri, she would have come years ago.

“Okay. Drama’s over. Let’s eat! I’m hungry.” Kai said as he put a spoonful of rice inside his mouth.

Good job ruining the mood Kai. Sojin pouted ‘Hwang Taekyung’ style.

But, she was thankful for him also. If Kai wasn’t around, she would never be pissed off like this. Back then, everyone was trying to please her. Her teacher pisses her off but it was different than how Kai pisses her off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was almost 10 in the evening when they decided to go home. Good thing the village was only few minutes away from the restaurant.

“Let’s play a game!” Sehun chimed. “What game?” She asked. “Whoever gets first to the house, will get the ice cream of the one who gets in last.” Sehun stated.

“Good suggestion maknae.” Baekhyun said as he wrapped his arms around the tall Sehun.

“Game?” Sehun asked. “But, you wolves are faster than me.” She pouted. “We’ll stay humane as possible. Fair enough?” Suho asked. She smiled and nodded.

All of them lined up. It was unfair for Kai, D.O. and Chanyeol because they were the ones who carried the groceries but they really didn’t mind.

Suho counted. “On 3! 1…..2……” “Byeeee!” Sojin left them as she ran before 3. “Hey! That’s unfair!” D.O. exclaimed.

“Let her hyung.” Sehun smiled at him.

Huh? The other five thought.

Sehun likes games and gets competitive most of the times. But this time, he let himself lose to a girl.

“Are you okay maknae?” The leader checked. Sehun gave him a smile. “Of course, I am. I just want her to be happy.” He looked at the running figure in front of him. “It looked like she was trying to win a battle all her life. And I wanted her to feel she won. At least when she’s with us, right?”

His hyungs were astounded by his answer. The maknae made sense for the first time. He was always childish and playful. But this time, he matured a bit.

“Looks like our maknae is getting matured, huh?” Suho beamed.

“Yeah right! Great job maknae!” Chanyeol ruffled his hair.

“Hyung, don’t touch my hair!” Sehun slapped Chanyeol’s hand and glared at him.

Everybody laughed. Now, their maknae was back to character.

Meanwhile, Sojin ran as quickly as she can. She didn’t know why but she’d love to win this race especially when she was against the wolves. Her determination made her ignore the fact that the guys weren’t running after her.

She reached the house in no time and tried to catch her breath. “Hoooooo! Those wolves are no match for me.” She said as she wiped off her sweat.

She stood up and made her way to the door. She was surprised to find out that the door was unlocked. Maybe they forgot to lock it before they left.

She opened the door and entered the house. It was insanely quiet inside. To her surprise, someone grabbed her by her legs and lifted her in the air.

“AAAAHHHHHH!” She screamed on the top of her lungs.

I’m being kidnapped. HEEEEELLLPP!


I told ya, I'm a er for comments. (>_<) So, here I am again, updating =)

Thank you so much for those who commented! And to all the readers! THANK YOU! =)

Seriously, I was thinking if I should update or not. But then, I'm just so happy that EXO won for two times already. And I'm so happy that they're happy. =)

When Kai and Suho cried, I didn't know what to say nor what to feel. I just cried with them. I'm so proud of my babies! <3

 

I guess the next time I update will be on a few days, a week maybe. I'll be busy for school and I have to write the next chapters. BUT!!! As you all know, your COMMENTS and VOTES could change my decision. Kekeke! OMG! I'm such a bad author! T_____T

 

Bye for now! Bbuing bbuing~~~ Hahahahaha!!!