Chapter 3

Wolf and A Beauty [HIATUS]

It was almost midnight when Sojin went to the Library. She sat on the chair facing the computer and booked herself a flight going to USA, with the help of her credit card of course. She knew her father might close her account when he finds out about this, so she’s using it while she still can.

After printing her ticket, she ran back silently to her room. She opened the vault in her walk-in closet and took the money she had kept in it.

She got her luggage and stuffed some clothes with it. She grabbed her leopard print backpack and put some more things in it. She also changed her clothes. From her dress into her sleeveless top, jeans and sneakers.

She was about to go out of her room when she realized she left something important. She went to the drawer beside her bed and opened it. The necklace that her Jaehoon appa gave her was kept in there. She wore it around her neck.

She grabbed her things and quietly went down the stairs. The guards on the front gate were the only ones awake by this time. Good thing they had back gates but the bad news was, there were 2 K9 dogs guarding there. And those dogs really despised her the same way she despised them.

Sojin went into the kitchen and searched for some food in the refrigerator. Luckily, she found two huge pieces of cow meat ribs. She settled them on a plate.

She grabbed her belongings and marched towards the back door. Good thing, the front gate was the only place that had CCTV cameras on or her parents would die laughing on how idiotic she looked like while escaping.

As soon as she opened the back door, the K9 dogs welcomed her. Surely, they didn’t like what they were seeing. Sojin brought out the plate with meat on it. The dogs’ eyes sparkled. They’ve been eating nothing than dog food. Sojin placed them aside and the dogs went to it.

She quickly grabbed her luggage and backpack and went outside the gate.

As soon as she stepped out of those gates, she sighed in relief.

Good thing those K9s were ers for meat.

She wiped off the imaginary sweat on her brows, walked towards the main streets and waited for a cab.

She saw a trashcan near her and took her phone out of her bag.

Goodbye phone.

She threw her phone away for she knew that her parents had put a tracker in it. If she was going to run away from home, bringing her phone with her would be a bad idea.

In no time, she got a cab and is now on her way to the airport. Sojin took a look at her at watch and it said it was already 3 in the morning.

Now, the airport was visible, she made a final check on her things.

Wallet, check! Ticket, check! Passport, check! Visa, che----OH MY GOSH!

Her eyes widened in horror. She did not have her visa with her. If she was going to America, she should have brought her Visa.

But then, it was in her mother’s possession. She had forgotten to get it from her when they visited her Unnie last year.

I’m doomed.

The taxi stopped, making Sojin snap back to her sense. She couldn’t go to America now that her Visa wasn’t with her. Where could she possibly go?

“Miss, aren’t you going out?” The driver annoyingly spoke.

“Uhm, can you drive me off to the bus terminal. I’ll promise to double the pay.” Sojin sweetly pleaded the driver.

“What? That’s impossible miss. The-----” Before the man could continue on she abruptly answered him back. “I’ll triple the pay!”

The man gawked. This girl might be really rich. Dollar signs could be drawn on his eyes by now. “Fine. It’s tripled then.” Then he started the engine and drove off to the terminal.

Sojin sighed. She had nowhere else to go. The place she was thinking of was not the exact place she had in mind but she had no other options.

She absolutely had no friends she could stay at. And even if she had one, her parents could track her easily. And if she stayed on a hotel, her money could run out just in four months with all her expenses.

She closed her eyes, gathering herself up. Somehow, she managed to curve her lips up into a smile.

She opened her bag and grabbed her wallet. Somewhere in there, was a picture of her and him. Her heart warmed at the sight.

Behind the picture was and address. Kangsang Village, Gokseong Town, Jiri-san.

America was farther from Seoul more than Mt. Jiri (Jiri-san). But, it was far enough to get her out of the situation. And besides, her parents could never figure out where she will be going to right now. They have never been in the country side.

Sojin was never really sure who she was, not before and certainly not now. But she was always sure who she wanted to be. She wanted to be someone who could dance and sing. And in the future, she’d love to build a school for the arts.

The thing is, she’s in her last year in High School; no one wants to know who she is, they want to know who she isn’t.

She was always the perfect daughter to everyone. But the truth was, she was someone who was trying hard enough to look perfect but really isn’t close to being one. She’s acting tough but inside, she’s fragile.

For people, it was easier to categorize and file her that way. Sojin had always been filed under “Miss Popular”. But that was all about to change if she had any say in it. She was ready to see the world through someone else’s eyes. Anyone’s but hers.

For now, escaping away from home was just a temporary plan. She hoped her parents would realize something in their hearts through her absence. And when she finishes High School, she’d go back home and face her parents.

But for now, she’ll be living with her other Dad. She looked at the picture and rubbed it with her thumbs.

I’ll see you soon Jaehoon Appa.