Chapter 2

Wolf and A Beauty [HIATUS]

After half an hour in the bathroom, she got out and went to her walk-in closet. She still couldn’t wear comfortable clothes because her parents just came from Japan and they’re having a family dinner tonight. She didn’t want to miss this once in a blue moon moment.

She wore a simple white dress and paired it with red doll shoes. She combed her hair and put on a little bit of make-up on her face. When she was satisfied with how she looked, she came down stairs.

She was the first one to go down so she sat on the couch. She slouched herself in and tapped her fingers on her lap. Finally! Family Time! She beamed at herself.

After awhile, she heard footsteps coming down from the stairs.

She fixed herself up and straightened her back. She had to look lady-like in front of her parents.

“Good Evening Mom! Good Evening Dad!” Sojin bowed at them 90 degrees and hugged them both.

“Oh! You’re here. Let’s go.” Her mother said without looking away from her phone. Mr. and Mrs. Choi went outside. Sojin was still standing in her place. Her parents have really changed since they become the business tycoons. They were cold to her for years now, unlike before.

“Sojin-ahh! Why aren’t you coming out?” Her mother yelled from outside. Sojin sighed and quickly followed them

They arrived at a five star restaurant. The place was full of rich people. Most of them were featured in newspapers, business and lifestyle sections most probably.

The waiter ushered them to their seats and asked for their order. She didn’t speak a word; her father was the only one ordering for them.

It didn’t take long before the food was served. From the looks of it, she disliked the food. There was absolutely no meat in it. Her parents were vegetarians and she wasn’t.

The dinner ended. Nothing much really happened. She sat there, quietly, as if she was invisible. Her parents kept talking about a business deal in Australia.

And she thought this dinner would make her happy, but it was definitely the opposite.

They arrived home and her parents went up to their room without any conversation with their youngest daughter.

And this is why Unnie preferred to live in States. She’s all alone, while I’m with them. But, why do I feel like I’m the one who’s alone here?

She sighed and brought her body up to her room. She opened the door and sat on the edge of her bed.

She was feeling uneasy. Her breathing was got heavier as each second passed by.

“Why do I feel upset? It was just a simple dinner, okay? Relax Sojin.” She muttered to herself.

A sudden idea came to her mind. She wanted to visit her Unnie in the States. It might make her feel better.

She suddenly felt warm and energized. She quickly got out of her room and went to her parents.

She stopped at door. She hesitated to knock on it. Her parents might be mad at her for disturbing them while they’re resting already. So, she placed her ear on the doors and tried to listen if her parents were still awake.

“Oh, honey. Mrs. Lee is bugging me, nowadays.” She heard her mother speaking.

“Why? Is something wrong with our factories in Hawaii?” Her father replied.

“No. Not that. She already wants our children to meet each other up.”

Mrs. Lee? Oh! The Lees! Their son Minjun was a total jerk everytime I saw him on parties.

“Children? Are you talking about Soyeon? But, she’s studying in the States.”

“No, honey. She’s dating Andrew Kim right now, the son of our other business associate.”

Oh right. That other jerk whom Unnie really disliked. But, for the sake of our parents, Soyeon Unnie dated that guy.

“Oh. I see. So, it’s about Sojin?”

“Yes. Mrs. Lee kept on saying that her son, Minjun is really ecstatic to meet Sojin.”

“Really? Well then, set up a Lunch Date for tomorrow. We might as well meet up with them since we’re going to Canada a few days from now.”

“Alright. I just have to reschedule my appointment the next day.”

Sojin’s jaw literally dropped. It was like de ja vu. She and Soyeon were in this position two years ago, when they heard Soyeon was about to meet up with that Andrew Kim.

I’m next?

She thought. Before her mother could open up their door, Sojin came rushing towards her bedroom. She knew what was exactly going to happen next.

Her mother knocked on her door. “Sojin-ahh. Can I talk with you?”

“Y-yes.” She tried to answer calmly.

It will not happen again. It will not happen again.

She recited that again and again on her head. If being stuck on their house was torture, dating Minjun would be the double of it.

“Darling, we have a Lunch Date tomorrow. I’ll call your teachers to excuse you for tomorrow. You have to get ready for the Lunch Date. We’re meeting important people. Araso?” Her mother remarked impatiently.

“Yes, Mom.” She replied without looking at her mother. She heard the door closed and as it closed, she felt herself fall onto the floor.

She was on her knees trying to process everything. Soon, tears came pouring down on her cheeks.

I can’t believe they are doing this, again! I will not date that Minjun. NEVER!

She cried more. It hurt her thinking her parents were once again, selling their offspring for business.

“Mom, Dad. Please don’t make me hate you.” She said between her sobs.

She cried and cried until her tears run out, but looking at the situation, she wouldn’t run out of tears.

After an hour, she began to relax a bit. She sat on the floor and leaned on her bed. Her tears still didn’t stop from pouring down. She saw a picture of her sister on the top of her drawer. She instantly grabbed and hugged it.

“Help me Unnie. I don’t want to date that guy. Please Unnie, I need you.” She talked at the picture as if it could answer her back.

Some may think she’s overreacting. After all, it’s just a simple date. But, she knew better. If they dated, in no time, they could also get engaged like her Unnie and that Andrew guy.

Soyeon was much stronger then Sojin, emotionally. She had managed to follow all her parents demand without them hearing a single complaint from her.

Soyeon thought that if she did everything her parents would tell her, they wouldn’t do the same thing with Sojin. She loved her sister so much that she had to sacrifice herself just to protect her. But, she was wrong. Sojin was about to take the same path as hers.

A sudden idea crossed Sojin’s mind. She had doubts of her plan but she knew it was the best thing for her to do, for now.

That’s it. I’m following you Unnie. I’m going to States.