Chapter 7

Wolf and A Beauty [HIATUS]

The night ended with that dramatic scene. The wolves decided to hit on their bed while Sojin slept on the couch. It was just temporary since there were only three rooms in the house.

Baekhyun, Sehun and Chanyeol shared one, while Suho, D.O. and Kai shared the other, and the other one was Jaehoon’s room. It was kinda dirty so they decided that it was better for her to sleep at the couch.

“Here’s some blanket Sojin.” Baekhyun handed over some warm blankets to her. Sojin grabbed it and bowed at him. “Thank you.”

“We’re sorry we can’t provide you with a better accommodation. But this is just for tonight.” Suho apologetically bowed.

“No. I’m fine with this. You should all rest now.” She beamed.

Baekhyun and Suho went to their rooms. Now, Sojin was left alone downstairs.

Okay Sojin. Looks like you’ll be living with these wolves for awhile. She sighed.

She was still freaked out from the fact that there were actually real werewolves in the present world. She thought it was only from those movies, but now, she was living with them.

She slouched herself on the couch and tried to sleep. But unfortunately, she can’t. Sojin was too disturbed with everything that was happening to her right now.

She ran away from home to meet her Jaehoon appa, who is now, dead. And she had no choice but to live in the same roof with those scary creatures.

Scary? Maybe not. They were warm to her as soon as she stepped inside their house, which she can’t remember. They had a chance to hurt her while she was unconscious, but they didn’t. They even comforted her when she cried.

Back at their house, she never felt this warmth. Her parents and teachers were all cold to her. All the house workers were nice to her but she wasn’t really that close with them. And when she cried back home, no one was there to wipe her tears off.

Maybe these wolves weren’t so bad after all.

Soon enough, she drifted into sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

One wolf had also a hard time sleeping. He turned his body around, seeing the others were vast asleep. He got up and went downstairs to check on something, rather, someone.

He silently took his steps one by one; afraid he might wake Sojin up. All the lights were off, but the light from the moon that passed through the windows was enough for him to see her angelic face.

He went closer and kneeled on the floor. He didn’t know why, but he feels different about her from the first minute he saw her.

He saw some strands of hair blocking her face, so he brushed it away and tucked it behind her ears. Now, he could clearly see how beautiful the woman in front of him is.

So, you always adored her, huh? Until your last breath, you still adored her. He thought.

Sojin’s eyebrows flinched and soon enough she was muttering some words.

He didn’t understand a thing she was saying but he found it cute. His lips curved into a smile and he felt something inside him beating vastly.

This is weird. He touched his chest and was sure enough the beating came from there.

He realized how awkward his position was right now and made his way into the kitchen. There, he drank a glass of water. Maybe it would help him sleep.

He was about to go upstairs when he took one last glance at her. And it made him smile how innocent she looked like. With that, he went back to his room and fell asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Haaaaaaaaa-AAAAAHHHHH!” Sojin was just yawning and stretching her arms out, waking up from a somber sleep when she fell off the couch.

Stupid bed!

She still thought that she was in her own bedroom. She rubbed her eyes and opened it widely.

Oh wait! This is not my room. And definitely not my house!

She tried to recalled everyhting that has surpassed yesterday. Then, she remembered how she ran away from home to Mt. Jiri and how she encountered some guys who were actually wolves.

So, this all true. It’s not just another dream.

She thought as she rubbed her from pain.

It was silent in the house. She wondered where the boys went. She looked at the clock and it was past noon already. She must have slept long enough.

She went to the kitchen and found a note stuck on the refrigerator.

 

Sojin,

 

We’re all out for school. We didn’t want to wake you up. So, feel at home. There’s food on the table. Help yourself up!

 

- Wolves

 

She giggled as she read the note. To her surprise, they addressed theirselves as wolves. How clever are they to point out the obvious.

On second thought, I still didn’t know their names. I should just ask them later.

She went to the table and saw the food was set already. She took the cover and saw bacon and eggs were served. Not bad for wolves.

She started eating her meal for brunch (breakfast+lunch) and it tasted better than the ones their Home Chef would cook. Maybe because, it was new to her. In their house, meat wasn't in the menu. It was always vegetables, vegetables, and vegetables.

After she ate and washed the dishes, she went upstairs to take a bath. There was only one bathroom in this house, unlike theirs who had one every room. But, this was really okay for her. In fact, she liked it more.

She got out and sat on the couch. There was no one at home and she had exactly nothing to do.

Sojin got bored and tried to watch TV, but the shows were also boring for her.

What could I possibly do? She tapped her chin. A bright idea crossed her mind.

Aha! It’s time to clean up this house! She chimed in her head.

It was not exactly ‘that’ dirty but it looked like the boys didn’t clean the place that much.

She tied her hair in a bun and started writing her to-do list.

Sojin didn’t really know how to do home chores or what chores should be done. She just thought of what her maids do on a normal day.

1.)    Sweep and mop the floor.

2.)    Wipe everything that’s dusty.

3.)    Do laundry.

4.)    Fix your own room.

“There!” She smiled as she finished her list.

She grabbed the broom from its case and started sweeping. It was her first time doing this, but sweeping was something that didn’t require knowledge or skills. She just had to sweep off the dirt away.

Actually, she had fun as she swept the floor. When she finished, she moped it until it was shiny.

“Number 1, check!” She chimed as she put a check mark on her list.

Now, she got ready for number 2. Apparently, it took her just 10 minutes. There were just few things that were dusty. Frames, figurines and such were the only ones.

She grabbed the paper and put a check mark again.

“Number 3, Do laundry.” She read. But she realized, she didn’t know how to wash clothes without a washing machine. And even if they had one, she didn’t know how to use it.

In the end, she decided to gather used clothes and let the boys do the laundry later. She went up to their rooms with a basket in her arms and hesitatingly opened one of the doors.

The room was pretty neat. There was a single bed and one double-decked bed. It also had names plastered in it. “Suho, D.O. and Kai.” She read the stickers.

She recited the names over and over again. She memorized it pretty quick. Sojin didn’t found any piece of clothing anywhere. She decided to just go out when she saw a little basket on the corner. The boys living in this room had already gathered their laundry together.

Not bad. Sojin praised.

She went to the other room and to her surprise, the clothes on the floor welcomed her. The boys who had lived in that room were the total opposite.

The second room was just like the other one, except for the fact that clothes were scattered everywhere. There was also a single bed and one double-decked bed. It also had names plastered in it. Baekhyun, Sehun, and Chanyeol.

She picked those up one by one and put it in her basket. Lucky was she that there was no underwear on the floor.

After picking up some clothes, she just left the basket on the corner and went to grab her things downstairs.

Time for the last step! She marched towards the third room with her bags on her hands.

She grabbed the knob but doubted to enter. It was her Jaehoon’s appa room. Sojin was afraid that her appa might not like her sleeping in his room.

But on the second thought, her appa treated her as a daughter and sleeping in his room for awhile wouldn’t hurt anyone.

With that, she twisted the knob and entered the room. It was smaller than the other rooms but it made sense because only one person was staying there. The room wasn’t that dirty. It just needs a little cleaning.

She opened the cabinet and found some of his clothes. She just pushed it to the sides to have some space for her clothes. There wasn’t much since she could only carry a few of her clothes.

"Appa, I hope you don't mind."

After settling her things she grabbed the broom and mop to clean the inside of the room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

*RRIIIIINNGGG!

 

The School bell rang, signaling the students that it was the end of classes.

“I’ll see you tomorrow! Goodbye class!” The teacher waved as he walked out of the room.

The Exo-K members hurriedly packed their things up and ran outside the room.

“Why are they in a hurry?” Xiumin asked.

The five members just looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

They’re the Exo-M, Exo-K’s friends. Together, they’re called EXO, the group of Jjangs in Pyeonghwa High School, the most popular school around the town.

The Exo-K members were rushing on their way home. It was their first day leaving Sojin alone. Somehow, they felt guilty so they wanted to see her as soon as possible.

The boys reached the house in less than 10 minutes. Usually, it would take them 15 minutes.  But the guys were running like there’s no tomorrow.

“We’re home!” Suho excitedly yelled.

Sojin’s ears perked up! She quickly got out of the room and ran towards the stairs. There she saw the guys standing in the living room wearing their uniforms like models.

“Oh! You’re back!” She smiled and ran towards them. It was just a few steps away when she tripped the on the last three steps.

“AAAAAHHHHHH!” Six guys came rushing towards her.

Before her body crashed onto the floor, it landed on someone’s arms.

She landed on Kai’s arms.

Her eyes were closed and were now slowly opening. She saw the tanned guy who she had an impression of being a brat. Her face was just inches away from his.

“Clumsy.” He muttered.

Once again, this guy was pissing her off and the Hwang Taekyung side of her was shown.


Since my laptop was fixed, I made a double update. <3

 

Guys, please do comment. =) Actually, I'm the type of person who loves comments. I would love to hear your opinions about the story. =)