Falling Slowly

Cherry Blossom Tree

Myungsoo stares at that little fingers with a deep gaze. He doesn't know why, but he just can't take his eyes from that. Few seconds later a familiar melody echoes. Myungsoo knows this notes. Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No.3. She plays it perfectly. She must know a lot about music. She keeps playing with a happy smiles. Myungsoo just stares until she finish the song.

"What do you think?" 

"Huh?" Myungsoo spaced out. Seems surprised to see her talent.

"Did I played it well?" She asks again with her mysterious smile.

"Uh...not bad." He said coldly.

"Don't you wanna play it?" She point at the piano's key.

"I can't. I only play guitar." Myungsoo shakes his head. 

"I can play guitar too." She suddenly take an acoustic guitar beside her. Randomly she plays some keys. From the way she moves the finger from one key to another, she seems like a pro. Myungsoo didn't know that she's a musician. She plays the intro of Greenday's Wake Me Up When September Ends. It was good. 

"It's been a while since I play guitar." She says while letting her long-wavy red hair fall in the strings. 

"Are you try to showing off?" Myungsoo smirks.

"Aniyo...Why would I? I naturally good at everything." She said calmly. 'What? What kind of behavior is that?' Myungsoo thought. She's really know how to show off.

"Forget it. If you're done with the room, just leave the key in the painting frame outside." Myungsoo was about to leave the room, but suddenly she called him.

"Wait a minute. Don't you really wanna play? A little bit?" She asks to Myungsoo, making him turns around. He saw her red hair shining because the red sunset light through the music room's window. 

"I don't want to." Myungsoo said. He turns around again, try to leave the room.

"Ah...I see. You're not as good as me. It's okay. See you later! Bye..." She says calmly without even bother to make him stays. Myungsoo was a little bit surprised with what she said. 'Is she just humiliate me?' He toughts. 'Seriously, she thinks I am that bad? Don't she know that I was a rocker?' His competitiveness risen up. He turns around and look straight to her.

"Okay...let's just play a song." Myungsoo said while take the acoustic guitar from Hara's hand. She's a little bit surprised, but then she's smiling and back to sits in front of the piano.

Myungsoo hold the guitar comfortably. His fingers start playing some keys. It's popular song. The song from his favorite movie.

I don't know you, but I want you

All the more for that.

He sings while looks at Hara who's also play along with the piano. I sounds pretty good. Looks like she also know the song.

Words fall through me, and always fool me

And I can't react.

They start singing in harmony. Somehow it's weird, but beautiful. They just know each other less than an hour ago, and now they're singing along while playing guitar and piano.

And games that never amount to more than they're meant

Will play themselve out

Take this sinking boat and point it home

We still got time

Raise your hopeful voice, you have the choice

You've made it now

They stop for a while. Wondering about how good their duet was. Hara smiles while look at Myungsoo who's now sits awkwardly. Myungsoo then puts down the guitar and walk to the door.

"You're good. Let's play together again next time." She said with a cheerful voice, while Myungsoo's about touch the door knobs.He freeze a little. He don't know why, but he's feeling shy right know. Someting wrong with his heartbeats. He turns his head awkwardly, looking at Hara's happy face.

"Just don't forget to leave the key in the painting frame." He says before finally get out of the music room.

"Arasso..." She smiles while look at his back fading away. He's indeed different...just like her.

 

PS: The song is 'Falling Slowly", from 2006 Irish movie Once.