Tokyo Tower

Cherry Blossom Tree

 

"That day I promised her. That's the promise that I want to keep for forever. I can. And I will."

 

[Myungsoo POV]

Nerima - Tokyo, 3 years later.

"Myungsoo-kun, is everything ready for tomorrow?"

"Yes, we just need to adjust the lightning. Anyway, senpai...have you called the Dean? He will give the opening speech, right?"

"Yeah, I called him this morning."

"You need anything else that I can help?"

"Umm...I guess everything's ready. Preparation done. Let's go eat with Yuya and Shota."

"Oh, I'm sorry, senpai...but I can't go." I said to my senior.

"Go home already? It's still 7 PM."

"I have an appointment." I smiled.

"Emm...what kind of appointment?"

"I gotta meet my girlfriend."

"Woh, Myungsoo-kun already has a girlfriend..." 

"Hmmm...and she's a little bit scary. So, if I'm late, she will scold me to death. That's why I need to go right now." I said while taking my bag.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." I wave to Hiro-senpai as I left the gallery. I run to the Metro station as fast as I can. It's 7.08 PM. It will take 28 minutes to arrives at Bunkyo. Ah, I'll be late I promised her that I will meet her at 7.30. I prepare my selft for her annoying wrath.

I'm right, she's waiting at the coffee shop where we used to meet with a gloomy expression. Her red hair is messy as usual. Sometimes I really wanna drag her to the hair sylist.

"You're late." She gives me a death stares.

"I know. Hiro-senpai ask my help for the setting."

"Because you're late, you have to pay for my coffee."

"What?"

"Ice Caffe Latte. Large."

I sigh while walking to the counter to pay for her coffee. She's so annoying at this time. Sometimes I can understand why life is so 'unfair' for her. She was offered scholarship in Nihon University 3 years ago. She was already found apartement in Nerima, untill she got her SAT result and turns out...She got accepted to Todai as well. Yes, University of Tokyo.

She's now the student of Art and Sciences Faculties of the higest ranking university in Asia. Yeah, no wonder she got that Mensa brain for the God sake. I know I should be proud and happy. I am. But if only she still in Nihon University, we'll be in the same school right now. I got accepted in Nichidai and study photography since last year. A year after I discharged from the institution.

So that's how it turns out. We're still live in the same big city. Tokyo. Only in different disctrict, and I need to take 28 minutes metro just to meet her. But I really don't mind. Because she's worthy.

"Are you tired?" She asked as sweeping my sweats.

"A little bit."

"Should we just stay here?"

"Nope. I need to relief my stress. It's been a long time since we go to Minato." I said.

"So the exhibition is tomorrow, right? How's the preparation?"

"It will be great. Tomorrow you'll be shocked. I'm sure my photograph will be on the best 10."

"Really? Ah...you should buy me foods if you got best 10."

"What? It's riddiculous. You're the one who should treat me." Is said while ruffling her already-messy hair.

"Arasso...arasso...stop playing with my hair." She complains.

I laugh. She's so cute but annoying at the same time.

"Myungsoo-ya, don't you feel tired? Taking metro everyday just to see me." She asked.

"No...it's just 28 minutes. It's nothing." It's really nothing.

"Really? Why?"

"You're a lot more worthy." I stares deeply to her eyes.

"Don't give me that expression. It's creepy."

"No, seriously. I don't mind even If I have to take hours journey to meet my girlfriend every day. Because she's you. And you are beautiful. And smart. And lovely. Sometimes you're annoying, though." I smile again.

"Stop smilling." She glares at me.

"Why?"

"I lost my breathe every time you're smiling like that."

"Mwo? Since when you become so cheesy like this?!"

We laughs as we walk to the station. It takes another 16 minutes to reach Shiba Park, Minato. Our favorite spot in Tokyo. There's a small park with a lot of cherry blossom trees growing up well, and from that park we can see the view of Tokyo Tower clearly. 

Now we sit in the bench at the park. She's talking a lot like usual. This time she's talking about the structure of Tokyo Tower that inspired by Eiffel Tower in France. I look at her sparkling eyes when she's talking. I can listen to her talking like this without getting bored. I'ms serious.

"Anyway, we're gonna shoot our scenes here in some weeks." She said. She and some of her friends are planning to make an indie movie as one of their project assignment. It's the first time she will be a director and I can see full excitement in her eyes.

"Really? Have you got the lead actor? If you haven't, I don't mind to try." I said jokingly.

"Are you kidding me? How can stiff person like you act? You just gonna ruin my story." She laughs.

"So, you already got the actor?"

"Yep, he's a Korean student. Studying Law in Waseda. His name is Lee Howon."

"How is he?" I ask because I'm curious.

"Umm...he's hot."

"What?" I glare at her.

"I said he's hot...and he has a wonderful abs." She teases me. I know it.

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Okay, I'm kidding right." She laughs.

"There's no way he's more good looking than me."

"Are you jealous?" She looks at my face closely.

"No...I mean, yes. Of course I am!"

"Why? I'm not jealous even when you take the pictures with a bunch of y models."

"You should be jealous. I'm your boyfriend!" I shout.

"Okay, it's riddiculous."

"You don't wanna play this jealousy game with me."

"Stupid." She said while placing her lips against mine. I'm surprised a little...but I do nothing as I move my hands to cup her face.

"Kim Myungsoo stupid! Like you said, you're my boyfriend. Who cares you're annoying and looks like koala. Who cares that guy has an abs and best body. You're the one that I want. And I love you." She whispered. I smile.

"You're the one that saved me. And I love you too."

"And you remember your promise right?"

"Of course." I said, before kiss her again.

3 years ago. I promise to believe in life and to myself. I promise to put a good fight in living. I promise to keep the faith and trust my self. I promise to love, live , breathe and do my best to be happy. I promise her. And I promise to my self. And I will never break those promises.

 

PS: So this is the end of this lame story. Thank you for all the attention. I really appreciate that. Bye! :)