Before The Dawn

Cherry Blossom Tree

Myungsoo wakes up from his dream. He's breathing havily. Slowly he carresed his own forehead, noticing that he sweats a lot. He sighs. He got nightmare, again. Suddenly, he shivers, feeling so cold and scared. He looks around him. It's dark, cold and he's alone. He quickly turns on the light. Now he can see the room clearly. He gets up from his bed then standing in front of the window. It's 03:40 AM. It's still dark outside. Myungsoo looks at the reflection of his own face on the glass window. He looks at himself and wondering 'Who are you? Who's this boy?' Oh no! Please don't start again...Myungsoo suddenly get the feeling that he needs to get out from his room. If not, he afraid that he can't control his own self. He afraid that he might do something bad, again. He grabs his pills then run out of his room. Myungsoo runs to the kitchen. He's breathing heavily. Then he takes his pills and drink some waters. He calms down a little. But then he looks around. It's a kitchen. He looks at the equipmet that stored in the wardrobe. It's locked, but he thinks he can open it violenty if he want and take some stuff like fork or knife. No, he can't be in there!

Myungsoo runs again. He's almost out of breath. He runs through the corridor. He's wondering, 'Where's the guards? Where are they? Why don't they're here now? He needs help.' His legs begins to trembling when he start hearing voice.

"Myungsoo-ya..." that voice creep him out. Myungsoo keeps running, but his legs are shaking and his breathe is heavy. The voice keeps coming and Myungsoo can't take it anymore.

"Myungsoo-ya..." Myungsoo stumbled over. He's fall on the floor. 'No, please don't come! Please...' He's muttering as he shivers.

"Ya! Kim Myungsoo!" A familiar voice just snaps out in Myungsoo's hearing. He looks above and find Hara, that girl from room 21. She's standing in front of him with her blue hoodie and her messy red hair. Myungsoo keeps breathing heavily, but somehow he got a relief feeling.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" Hara ask him while bending down closer to him. Myungsoo doesn't answer it. He still can't breathe properly and now he's coughing.

"Ya! You're okay?" Hara starts to worry. She lifted Myungsoo fragile body and drag him to the living room. He just followed her, because he doesn't have enough power to do anything. 

"God, you're heavy." Hara's complaining while dropping Myungsoo's body to the couch in the living room. The she lifts him and headed to kitchen. She takes some water and give it to him.

"Here, drink it." She said calmly. Myungsoo stares at her for a while before finally take the cup and drink the water. Finally he's calmed down. Now he's sitting at the couch while Hara looking at him from head to toe as if he's alien from other galaxy.

"What's just happen to you? Did you get nightmare?" She sits in the chair in front of him. Myungsoo just leaning his head on the couch.

"It's not your business." He answer coldly.

"Ahhh...I see, bad boy. You're just like that. Don't you see that I was you savior? What will you do if I wasn't there? And this is how you treat me? Ahhh...seriously you're a spoiled brat...Tsk." She shout and mumbling to him. Myungsoo looks at her a while and he see that she glances sharply at him.

"Sorry. I just...don't like it...that feeling." Myungsoo said quietly. Hara then looks at him calmly.

"What feeling?" 

"Lonely. I don't get it. I just... don't understand." Myungso hesistate. He doesn't know why he suddenly open up to her.

"Me too." Hara said while staring at him.

"Huh?" Myungsoo looks surprised. 

"I don't get it too. It's scares me sometimes." 

"Yeah, why do we have to be like this?" Myungsoo says with a wondering eyes. He feels so tired physicly and emotionally.

"I don't know. Why do people have to be this lonely? What's the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?” She says. Myungsoo suddenly laughs.

"You're quoting a book." He chuckles.

"How do you know?"  

"Seriously? It's Haruki Murakami." He smirks.

"Hahahahaha...Sputnik Sweetheart. God, I love that book." Hara said with her sparkling eyes.

"Me too." Myungsoo smiles. Making Hara surprised.

"Wow, you know how to smile? Fascinating." She laughs.

"Forget it." He stops smiling. Trying to back at his cold face.

"You're funny. Seriously. Anyway, it's almost dawn...you don't wanna go back to your room?" She asks. Myungsoo looks at the long corridor on the way to his room. Somehow he feels insecure. It feels warmer here. He doesn't wanna leave.

"No. I wanna sleep here." Myungsoo the lay down his body on the couch. He's resting his head and taking a deep breath.

"Okay." Hara nodded and she was about to stand up from the cair.

"Hey....you can stay." Myungsoo looks at her. He doesn't know why he said that. But suddenly it feels nice having Hara here.He doesn't want her to leave.

"Huh?" She looks surprised. She looks down at Myungsoo who's now laying on the couch.

"I could use a friend." He says hesistately. She smiles. Somehow it's cute. 

"What? What if I don't want to?" She said while smiling.

"Then...It's okay." Myungsoo looks down. He's funny, that's Hara thoughs. She sighs.

"You know what....I'm gonna stay here too." She sits back on the chair. He's smiling a little.

"You don't wanna sleep?" He asks.

"Nope. I used to awake at 3 AM everyday then I couldn't sleep anymore. So I think it's better for my to start my activity early. I know it's weird. I don't really like sleep too much." She talks again.

"Really?" Myungsoo's eyes become more heavy. He feels sleepy. He still wanna listening to her, but somehow his tired mind and body just want to sut down immediatly. 

"Yep, anyway...about Haruki Murakami. I'm little bit surprised you're read his books too. I'm a big fan of him, actually. You know what? When I was in highschool I even spent all my part time job salary to buy his complete collections. I think Kafka on The Shore is still my favorite one. But I love Norwegian Woods, Sputnik Sweetheart and The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Even Norwegian Woods is adapted to movie. You know, Kenichi Matsuyama is the lead actor. Ahhh...he's amazing. I really want to meet him in person."

Myungsoo's eyes got heavier. He's smiling looking at Hara who's still talking fastly. Slowly he close his eyes. He feels calm and peaceful. A few seconds later Myungsoo still can feel a warm hands on his forehead his hair. It's Hara, he knows it. He just didn't know that her hand is this warm. Myungsoo barely hear a whisper, 'Sleep well, bad boy...It's alright now."