Sweet Goodbye

Cherry Blossom Tree

Myungsoo feeling better now. He doesn't need any doctor''s diagnosis to know that. He feels better...and somehow happy. No nightmare, no creepy voice inside his head, no itchy feeling to swallow a whole bottle of cold medicine. He just feels good. And noe he know how to smile. Sometimes he thinks this is riddiculous but also magical. She makes him this way. And it is good. Myungsoo wondering, though, what kind of feeling it is. There's a strange feeling that he got everytime he saw her. From the very first moment he know, she is one of a kind. She has a strong presence. Like a shinny light that turns up in the darkest alley.  And that light makes everything around her shinning to.

It is 3 PM. Myungsoo just back from the medic room to check his blood pressure and sugar level, its  neccesary because he just got fever a while ago. But turns out he is fine now. He walks along corridor towards his room. It takes a minute untill he arrived at the door of room 19. But then Myungsoo looks at the left. 2 doors from where he stands. Room number 21. Hara's room. He smiles and suddenly decide to go there. But it seems empty. Hara is not in the room. Then where is she? Ahh...she must be there! 

Myungsoo looks at the painting of Tokyo Tower in front of him. There's no key hidden in the crack of the frame. Myungsoo smiles. Hara seems come here more often than him nowadays. He enters the room, then he finds that girl, again...with her blue hoodie and messy red hair sitting in front of the piano. Sometimes Myungsoo wondering why her hair always messy? And why she colors it in red? He doesn't understand the way she think.

"Oh...you're here?" She says cheerfully when he enters to room.

"Now you're coming here more often than me."

"You don't like it?" She laughs.

"Mmm...it was my paradise. Now you disturb it." He pouted.

"Eiisshh...if you don't want me to come here, you shouldn't show me the hidden key in the Tokyo Tower painting in the first place." 

"Ahhh...I regret it now." He said jokingly. She just smile.

"Since when you play piano?". Myungsoo said while casually sits beside her, in front of the piano.

"Since I was 3 years old? I don't remember it clearly. All that I remember I got 1st place in Kyoto Rhapsody Fest  when I was 4 because I played Chopin. Perfectly."

"You're showing off again." 

"I don't mean too." She chukles. "But I learn guitar later and I begin to forget piano...a little. Do you know why I wanna learn guitar? Because Woohyunnie was in the band and he looks so cool when he perfoms in the highschool festival. I really wanna be cool like him back then. Not even care he is a boy and I'm a girl. My style was a little bit boyish back then. I often stole his CD collection, because he has a lot of cool musics...mostly British musician records."

"I love British musician too." Myungsoo said.

"I knew. I saw you wore Oasis T-shirt once. What else that you like?" She asks curiously.

"Umm...Radiohead? Hyunsoo and I used to sing their song..which is mostly depressing songs. And also...Elton John."

"Elton John? Oh...he's a legend. My dad has a complete collections of him. Wait, sing it for me." She says suddenly.

"What?" Myungsoo looks at her in shock.

"Sing Elton John's song for me. Any song." She ask him with a strong glances of her eyes.

"Why? I don't want to." Myungsoo shakes his head.

"Ah..come on...Show me your British taste." She teases him. Myungsoo just laughs. Suddenly her fingers move in the piano keys. She plays a familiar melody, making Myungsoo smile and shy.

 

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside

I'm not one of those who can easily hide

I don't have much money but boy if I did

I'd buy a big house where we both could live

 

She sings the first part beautifuly. It's Elton John - Your Song. One of his most popular song. Also Myungsoo's most favorite. She keeps playing the notes in the piano. Myungsoo takes a deep breath before finally sings.

 

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do

You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue

Anyway the thing is what I really mean

Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

 

He sings with a happy expression while looking at her eyes. Hara looks at him with a warm gaze as she continue playing.

And you can tell everybody this is your song

It may be quite simple but now that it's done

I hope you don't mind

I hope you don't mind that I put down in words

How wonderful life is while you're in the world

 

They both sing in harmony. Just like the first time they did in this same room. But it is a different feeling. It's better, warmer and brighter than before. Hara can't stop smiling untill she finish playing.

"Wow...you have a good voice." 

"You're playing good." Myungsoo said sincerely.

"Are you kidding me? I'm not good. I'm excellent."  She chuckles. Of course, she's good at showing off. Myungsoo just smile, but suddenly he caught in her eyes and he got this feeling again. A strange feeling in his chest that always appears everytime he saw her.

"Shin Hara, who are you?" He asks so suddenly. His eyes fixed on her.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" She looks at him with her usual blank and innocent expression.

"I don't understand it. Really." He says while still looking at her.

"Sometimes when I look at you, I feel I'm gazing at....I don't know... a distant star? Maybe. It's dazzling, just like the light is from tens of thousands of years ago. It makes me think that maybe the star doesn't even exist any more. But sometimes that light seems more real to me than anything. What is it? The thing that I feel in you...what is it?" He keeps asking while his hands reaching her face. He place his hand on her cheek softly before lean his face closer to her.

"Is it love? That silly thing called love?" He speaks slowly as he place his lips against her. He kisses her and he doesn't know why. It's just feels so good...and so right. Hara just stay still, she doesn't even move any inch. 

"Maybe." She says before finally kisses him back. 

"I guess it is." 

An hours later Hara still can't stop think about it. The kiss, Myungsoo, music room. She doesn't know why, but she keeps smiling. It is not her first kiss anyway. She has kissed many boys before this,  back in her bad girl days. But it is the first time she feels this way. She's walking alone in the park toward the cherry blossom tree. The winds is smoothly waving her red hair as she sits on the grass and looks at the sky.

"You're happy, right?" That voice appear as a familiar figure sitting beside him. Haru is smiling at her. His bright wide eys seems sparkling along with the sunset.

"I don't know. I guess." Hara smiles after seeing him.

"Then I'm happy too. I feel glad." He sighs then looks above at the sky.

"Haru-chan, you're a good friend. Do you know that? You always feel happy when I'm happy and you try so hard understand me while others just gave up and just call me weird.  I never said that to you, but now I think I should. You're the best friend I ever had." She says sincerely. 

"I knew that. That's why I'm glad. I'm happy that you're happy now. And I feel better as I see you doing fine..... That's why I'm gonna move on. Who knows? Maybe I'll find peace." He said suddenly, making Hara surprised. She looks at him with her sharp gaze. But a few seconds later she smile. She know she will say goodbye to him soon...but still, she feels happy. It is supposed to happen.

"You will. I know you will." She smiles at him.

"Don't be so sure. I'm not always a good boy, you know?" He chuckles and both of them laughs. Hara looks down on the grass. She carefully asks him a question.

"Is it because of me that you haven't move on? Are you staying here because you're worried about me? Because you're afraid that I'm gonna be alone?" She finally asks the thing that has been disturbing her all this year.

"No...it is because of me. I haven't move on because I wasn't ready." He said.

"And now you are?" 

"I guess....But, Hara-chan I have a favor." He looks at her warmly.

"What is it?"

"I want you always to remember me. Will you remember that I existed, and that I sit next to you here like this?" 

"Of course I will. I will the remember you, as one of the best person I ever know in my life. How can I forget you?" She laughs.

"Yeah...A kind and extremmely good-looking guy like me. How can you forget me?" He smile. Seems that both of them are good at showing off. Hara suddenly want to say it. She wants to say the this thing for so long, but she never had chance.

"Haru-chan...Do you know that I was in love with you? Do you know that you might be my first love?" She asks carefully.

"I knew. I knew it long before you do. I'm so lucky, aren't I?" He answers calmly with smile. Hara suddenly got a warm and relief feeling in her chest. It is like one of the most beautiful moment in her life. They both stop talking, just sits beside each other in the green grass under the cherry blossom tree. As the sun begins to set and the sky colors in red, those two just keep calm in silence. There's nothing to say or to do. Because they've knew it all, they've done it all. They understand it all. Until finally the sun begins to disappear behind the sky.

"Goodbye Hara-chan...Thanks for remembering me." A quiet voice like a whisper just echoes in Hara's ear. She closes her eyes as a single tear drops from  her eyes. It is a happy tear.

"Goodbye....Hirofumi Haru-kun. I will never forget you. Thank you....for everything." She says while the figure beside him disappears. 

PS: This is not the end of the story. It still have a little bit long way to go. :p