A red sunset

Cherry Blossom Tree

This afternoon, Hara got her first treatment session. She's going to meet that young doctor named Kim Sungkyu again. She enter the classroom near the office and found him waiting in there. There's a round table and two chair. The weird thing is, there's some cute dolls in the wardrobe in the corner of the room. She's wondering what's the used of the dolls. Dr. Kim is sits in one of the chair. He smiles as she enter the room. She walks towards him and casually sits in the other chair across him.

"Why there are many dolls in here?" She asks at the first second she sits at the chair.

"Oh...sometime it used for the session. It can be a helpful instrument." 

"You're not gonna use it for me, don't you?" She asks innocently making Sungkyu laughs

"Ahh..nope. Unless you want to."

"Nah, they're cute. But I don't like dolls. Not really." She said. Sungkyu then take some paper in his clipboard and reading some files.

"Shin Hara-ssi, it's your second day in the dorm. How do you feel?" He asks carefuly.

"Umm...I feel the same. Nothing's change. It's a fun place actually. But you guys really need to do something about the windows. It will be good to have a bigger window for our health. I know, it's make controlling become harder, also it's costly, but it's gonna be more...refreshing I think. It can be a stress reliever." She talk without even notice that Sungkyu is smiles at her.

"Ah,so you complain about the window. Right, but overall you're feeling good, right?" 

"Yep, it's not bad." 

"I'm glad. I'm gonna be honest to you. Actually we've done some test and also CAT scans to your brain, and we found nothing that can indicate that you have mental issues. You are...normal." He explained carefully.

"Of course I am. Have I told you that? I don't even understand why my dad and brother think I'm sorta mental freak. I feel fine. It's riddiculous because they don't want me to go to college if don't get the treatment. Do I really need treatment? Like you said before. I'm normal." She talks a lot like she's always do.

"I'm curious by the way. Why do you want to go to college so bad. I mean, everybody know you're a genius. You're the Mensa kid. College degree is not neccesary." Sungkyu said curiously.

"Mmm...I don't know why, I just feel that I need to go. You know, in college they're doing something, they learn something. Actually I like being student. I'm no longer in highschool. So the only way I can prolong my student status is through college. Somehow I got the feeling that I will find something fascinating if I go. Just call it a premonition." She smiling mysteriously, again. Sungkyu doesn't know what that smile means. 

"And if you really go, what major that you wanna choose? What do you want to be in the future?"

"Ahhh..it's a little bit hard. I don't mean to be arrogant, doctor...but I'm good at everthing. So actually I can do anything that I want. But i've decided...I will make movies. I wanna go to film school. And I wanna be director." She said confidently. 

"Director? Wow..it's surprising. I thought that you will be scientist like your dad...or financial analyst like your brother."

"Or musician like my mom? Nah...I don't want to. I love physics and music and I also good at math, but don't you think that being director is so amazing? It's a very powerful position. A director can decide what  the actors have to do. He can asks the writer how they should create the dialogue. He can say to music director what music that they should put. He can make a whole new story...just like creating a whole new world. Director is just like a god." She explains. The way she talks with her sparkling eyes make Sungkyu surprised.

"Ohh..that's wonderful. I think you will be great director someday." He says before writing some notes in his paper. Hara looks at him curiously. She looks straight to him with her sharp gaze.

"Why don't you get this straight doctor?" She says suddenly. Sungkyu surprised by that. He stops writing then looks at Hara.

"You said I was fine and normal, right? So why am I still here? There must be something wrong...or you thought wrong...that makes you think that I should stay here instead of going to college." She asks without hesistate. Sungkyu sighs. This girl really not easy to handle.

"O-okay...I'm gonna get this straight. You're still here. Because we believe that you're hallucinating...about your late best friend Haru. You thought you seeing him. Is it right?" 

"I do saw him. Sometimes." Hara answer it quickly. Just like an honest person, she says those things without any doubt.

"Sometimes?"

"Yeah, he's not always there. Sometimes he's appears out of nowhere. Sometimes he's disappeared. Just like that. He come and go as he like." .

"Is he here now?" Sungkyu asks again.

"No." She shook her head.

"You believe it's the same and real Haru that you know?" 

"I was doubt it before. But you know, doctor...he was my best friend. I know his habit. He likes talking loud and eating lemon candy. Just like the Haru I see lately.So I believe that he's the same Haru." She says calmly.

"Do you realize that Hirofumi Haru died in the car accident 4 years ago?" Sungkyu asks so carefully. It's a sensitive question. He think Hara maybe got shock or react strongly with this question.

"Yeah. I remember that clearly." She said calmly, making Sungkyu surprised. She doesn't look emotional at all.

"So the Haru I see nowadays is either ghost or angel, right? But, man...it 21st century! People don't believe that ghost or angel is exist. They said it's just tv drama materials. So, I don't blame them if they think I'm crazy." She laughs. Sungkyu looks at her, to be truth it's hard to read what's in this girl's mind. She's deep and extremely calm. He checked some stuffs in his paper. Then he smiles at her.

"Okay...I think that's enough for today. You can go, Hara-ssi." 

"That's it? You just wanna have some random conversation with me and called it treatment session? God I love you doctor...." She smiles widely.

"It may looks simple for you...but that's my way to evaluate you." 

"Okay, whataver...see you then." She stands up and leave the room. While Sungkyu stays and look at her as she walk out of the room. 

"I don't think she's crazy actually." He's muttering while collecting his paper in the clipboard.

 

Hara then walks out from the room. She's humming a song while walking towards her room. From the corridor's window he see that gloomy-boy Myungsoo. He's standing outside. Alone in the park, under the cherry blossom tree. While the sky is getting red. The sun almost disappeared. Hara look at the scenery and he thought ,'Ah...how beautiful.'

A blaze of color, orange, pearly pink, vibrant purple and the silhouette of a fragile young man. She smiles, she remembers this feeling. Somehow, she knows that young man will be a significant person in her next story. Then she walks outside, towards the park. The wind is smoothly waving her red hair. Myungsoo is still standing and looking at the red sky. He's tightened the scarf around his neck because the wind makes him cold. 

"What are you doing?" A familiar voice surpises Myungsoo, makes him turn around and find that the owner of the voice is 'the annoying red-hair girl' who also happen to be his neighbor.

"It's not your business." Myungsoo says coldly as he turns back look at the red sky that turns darker. Hara seems doesn't care with his coldness. She's suddenly lay down on the grass and looks above at the sunset.

"Do you watch sunset oftenly?" She asks to Myungsoo who's stand still in.

"Hmm..."

"How many times?" 

"I don't count it." He said.

"Ah...you must be love the sunset." She smiles. Even though he doesn't see her face, Myungsoo can feel that Hara is smiling now.

"You know, when the one is that sad, one can get to love the sunset."

"What did you say?" Myungsoo just chuckles softly.

"I read it that from books. The Little Prince. Antoine de Saint-Exupery. My brother give it to me for my 15th birthday." She talks while watching the red sunset fading and the stars start to appear. Myungsoo keeps silence, he pretends like he doesn't hear what she said. But actually he listens. He listens all the words that she said. 

"Were you that sad, then, so that you watch the sunset so oftenly?" She asks suddenly. A question that make Myungsoo freeze. He feels something in his chest suddenly beats harder. He doesn't dare to turn around to face her. So he just stands still, looking at the sky that now is dark...and give no answer.

 

PS: Thank you for reading...also for the comments. I'm so appreciate it! :D