5 cm per second

Cherry Blossom Tree

It was a windy afternoon. Weird, because it's spring, usually wind doesn't come this stronger. Myungsoo sits alone in the park. He's the only one outside, because everyone choose to stay at the dorm in this weather. He sits in the bench with his black hoodies covering his head. He looks at the cherry blossom tree  in front of him blankly. He's thinking...about many things. Suddenly an unfamiliar voice makes him startled.

"5 cm per seconds..." that voice said. Myungsoo turns around and find a girl with a blue T-shirt and long-wavy red hair. She smiles widely. Firstly, Myungsoo surprised, but then he thinks...this is a mental institution. It's not weird to see that kind of person.

"You don't know? Really? It's 5 cm per second...the speed of a cherry blossom flower to fall from it braches to the ground." That girl keeps talking.

"What?" Myungsoo looks at her annoyingly.

"It maybe not really accurate, but I think it's true if you think about cherry blossom mass and gravity. Maybe I should count it for sure." She begins to talk about some 'weird' things that Myungsoo can't understand. 

"Who are you?" Myungsoo asks coldly.

"You don't know?" She ask in reply. Myungsoo just rolled his eyes. 'How can I know?' he thoughs.

"I'm the newbie. Our room is close...so I'm kinda...the girls next door?" She said happily. Myungsoo chuckles a bit then smirks.

"I'm Hara by the way." She says her name. Myungsoo seems doesn't care at all.

"Forget it." He walks away, trying to get away from that weird girl.

"Ah..okay, so you're really are arogant like Dr.Kim said. It's okay. I know you're Kim Myungsoo, right? Room 19?" She continue talking, making Myungsoo sigh.

"Stop pretending like you know me." He smirks.

"Hey...I'm sorry. I know I'm annoying, that's just my habbit. Actually I don't mean to disturb you but my stupid random mind just make me saying thing srandomly and...weirdly. Actually i just wanna ask...for your help." She says.

"What?" Myungsoo asks lazily

"How do you enter the music room when it's been locked?" She asks.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Myungsoo acts like he doesn't hear the question.

"Owh...come on. I know you're playing music regularly. Look at your left hand. Those fingers slighly have thicker skin than the right one. You don't grow your nails that's mean you're playing guitar recently...and you wear a necklace with a guitar pick hanging as the pendant...also you wear Oasis T-shirt. You must be some kind of rocker, right? Or maybe former rocker?" She explains things with a serious expression. Like a professor in some kind of physic class.

Myungsoo look at that girl with a surprised face. He doesn't know what to say. That girl seriously has a very strong deductive skill. He sighs. Looks like he doesn't have a choice. 

"Follow me." He finally said.

Myungsoo and Hara arrive at the music room. The door is locked.  Beside the door there's a painting of Tokyo Tower hanging in there. It's a dusty painting, seems like there's no ne care enough to clean it...or even look at the painting. Myungsoo slowly lift the frame. There's a cracked space behind that wood frame, big enough to hide a key. Hara looks at that happily. 

"How do you get that key?" She ask curiously.

"I stole it from the guard." Myungsoo replied calmly.

"Why do you put it in there?" She asks again.

"If I put it in my room, they'll know when they're do inspection." He explained.

"Waahh...you're not as dumb as you look." She said. Myungsoo glances at her. 'So, do I look dumb for her?' he tought.

Myungsoo then slowly open the door. They're going in to music room. Hara looks amazed. She loves this place instantly. There are some instruments like accoustic guitars, violin, cello, drums and an old piano. Myungsoo look at her with a weird expression. 

"Do you even know how to play them?" he ask.

"A little bit." She smiles mysteriously. Myungsoo feels something strange about this girl that he just knew. A strange feeling about her presence. He usually don't talk with new people. He usually hate people. But she's different. She's somehow...enchanting.

Hara walks to the old piano with smiles. She sits in front of the piano as Myungsoo watching her little fingers touching the keys. Somehow Myungsoo can't stop stares at her. He wonders why he got this kind of feeling.