I'm Not Jongin

The Wild Boy

It was on a Sunday when Kyungsoo saw Kai again, his body adorned in a dress shirt and slacks. After he spent the last three years dreaming of him he sees the tan teen in a downtown café waiting for his caramel mochiato. He wanted to call out “Jongin!” but there was a lump caught in his throat. His nerves had gotten the better of him and he stood there, frozen in the middle of the café, just wishing that Kai would turn around, notice him and make the first move. Would he even want to see me again? What if Kai had already found someone knew during his stay in Canada?

Doubtful thoughts flew around in his mind as he began to panic. Not having enough courage to approach him Kyungsoo watched him from afar, feeling his heart beat louder when Kai smiled politely at the barrister. Cautiously, Kyungsoo followed Kai out of the café and down the street. They entered a large apartment complex, Kyungsoo sliding in just before the security doors closed, Bumping into Kai in the process.

When the tanned male turned around Kyungsoo could feel his heart jump to his throat and the butterflies fluttering in his stomach. It had been so long since he’d looked into those gorgeous brown eyes and seen something other than a look of hurt, anger and betrayal. “Are you alright? Hello?” Kyungsoo was shaken from his trance by a hand waving in front of his face.

“Jongin! Where have you been? I’ve been so worried. Good god how I’ve missed-“

“I’m sorry, I think you’ve got the wrong person.” Kyungsoo could not believe what he was hearing. There was no way that he had the wrong person. Was that even possible? Everything about him was the same from his eyes that sent a wave of nostalgia through Kyungsoo to the small scar on his cheek that he gained from climbing falling out of a tree that had the perfect apple and he just had retrieve for his Kyungie. ..

But he wasn’t his Kyungie anymore. Here standing in front of the tanned male was who he liked to believe was a stranger; a stranger that he had no emotional attachments to. For pretending Kyungsoo meant nothing to him was the only way to survive.

“Hi. My name’s Kai. And may I ask you what your name is?” Unsure of how to react to this Kyungsoo just shook the hand that was presented to him politely. Answering his question with a soft Kyungsoo, he took one more look into those brown orbs before ducking his head to stare at the floor for precautions. It was too dangerous – looking into the eyes of his lover that was pretending they were strangers. Had I really been that bad? Does he resent me so much that he’d pretend that he had never met me? Like we were nothing? These thoughts flew around in Kyungsoo’s mind and he could feel his heart breaking all over again. How embarrassing would it be for Kyungsoo to burst into tears in the middle of an apartment lobby.

“Sorry for wasting your time. I’ll be on my way out then.” Kyungsoo apologised quickly before rushing outside and out of Kai’s view to let the tears fall freely. Kai on the other hand held it in until he was behind closed doors.

~~~~~

Suho’s favourite thing about his office was the day bed near the glass window which took up most of the wall. His day bed was a place where he could lie down and relax without falling into a deep slumber like he did in his bed, whereas his office chair was too uncomfortable that he couldn’t rest at all. And with the past experiment that had been going on, he might as well have been sitting in his office chair the entire time because an airplane seat was no more comfortable. Returning back to Korea and being able to rest in his day bed was one of the things Suho was looking forward to the most, but just when he was about to lower his round onto the soft cushion a loud banging came from outside his office door.

“SUHO!! OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!!”

With a low growl Suho reluctantly made his way to the door and unlocked it only to have Kyungsoo barge in before he could even put his hand on the door handle. “Why of course you can come in Kyungsoo. You know I love having to deal with you when you’re mad and I’m jet lagged. It’s my favourite pass time. Oh wait! That’s right; I DON’T HAVE ANY TIME TO SPARE BECAUSE I AM BUSY AND TIRED!!”

“QUIT THE BULL!! Let’s get to the reason why I’m here- And don’t play dumb with me because I know you know exactly what I am talking about!” Suho sat down in his office chair and Kyungsoo sat opposite him. “Why’d you do it? Why doesn’t Kai remember me? What happened in Canada? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?” Kyungsoo was on the urge of tears. One look at him would make anyone instantly feel horrible about themselves but Suho was not in the mood for this kind of bulll.

“Do Kyungsoo sit down and listen to what I have to say because I am only going to say it once. We did not do anything to make Kai forget you. We did absolutely nothing.” That wasn’t a complete lie nor a complete truth. Kai had requested that they do something to erase the memories that he shared with Kyungsoo. If not then he could die, and he didn’t want to die – not because of his beloved Kyungsoo. But it is true that they did nothing to Kai, not physically anyway. They tried experimenting with him psychologically but nothing worked. Not matter what procedure or theory they followed Kai could just not get the doe eyed boy out of his head.

In fact, hearing about Kai forgetting Kyungsoo from the boy himself was very confusing for Suho. Last time he checked Kai was living in an apartment not too far from town and still remembered Kyungsoo. Seeing the younger now legally aged Kyungsoo curl into a foetal position on his precious day bed, it reminded Suho of a time three years ago when Kyungsoo begged the heavens to bring back his lover. He had wrapped himself in a blanket burrito and refused to leave because the blanket smelt like Kai. If only Kai could see how miserable Kyungsoo was and how he was falling apart.

How cliché; two lovers that ended it but suffer from living miserable lives without each other. Being the guardian he was Suho decided to give these two lost lovers a gentle push in the right direction to find each other.

 

~~~~~

Well would you look at that... an update!! hallelujah 

hope you guys enjoyed it so far. i may be editing it so dont be disappointed when it says update but there are no actual new chapters. im jsut gonna be fixing the first few chapters okay? okay.

comment, subscribe, upvote

lots of love,

banghim_xoxo <3