A kiss and a decision

Most Wanted

Kai's eyes widened and he opened his mouth but the lump in his throat prevented him from speaking. No, this couldn't be possible. 

Jiyeon was thinking exactly the same thing and she too was too surprised to speak. However, she didn't have to because Sunggyu voiced all their thoughts for them.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" 

His-Their father shifted in his seat. Kai and Sunggyu stiffened in unison but the man was only reaching for his drawer. 

"Here's the evidence as it seems like you don't believe me," he said placing an envelope on the desk in front of them. A brown envelope. One that looked exactly like the one that had been the catalyst of their meeting. 

Sunngyu raised his hand but Kai beat him to it. With shaking fingers he reached out and grasped the edge of the envelope, just two fingers like the contents were a disease that could kill him. Slowly, he teased out the white piece of paper. The paper, Jiyeon noticed, was too white. It was blatantly obvious that it hadn't been looked at or disturbed often especially with the thin, nearly invisible lining of dust that covered the envelope. 

And on the sheet were the words that proved as evidence in thick, black font.

 Name: Park Jiyeon

: Female

Date of Birth: 07/06/93

Time: 6:06

Mother's Name: Park Sooyeon

Father's Name: Kim Sanghoon

Jiyeon saw faded pencil marks that had tried to erase the name of the father from the birth certificate. Kai's eyes were on the white piece of paper. They were blank, unable to take anything in. 

"No..." he muttered. Then, with an angry look in his eyes he stormed out of the room. 

Their father chuckled softly, "he always had a temper, I guess he grew up with it."

Even though Jiyeon had only known her father for less than half an hour she already hated him and only her protectiveness of Kai as her brother grew as her father insulted him. 

"It was right what he said about you," Jiyeon said. 

"Hmm... and what was that?" 

"You're a bastard," Jiyeon knew that if it had been in the past and Eunjung had been with her then she would have told he of for using such language. Eunjung had always thought that living on the street didn't give you an excuse to dirty your mouth. Jiyeon realized with tears in her eyes that Eunjung was not here and she wouldn't have been able to tell her off anyway even if she were. It would never be the same. 

With the back of her hand, she wiped her tears. 

Sunggyu glared at his stepfather, "You're disgusting." He grabbed Jiyeon's hand, "Let's go." 

And so they left. 

Sunggyu knew that they hadn't accomplished what they had come to do but instead he had made a truce with Kai and found himself with a new little sister. 

So maybe not all was lost. 

~~~~

They had returned to Infinite's headquarters. Kai had called over the EXO members he had mangaed to contact and they were all trying to eat dinner together without shooting each other's head off. 

Just in case, Jiyeon had confiscated all the weapons. 

There was talking in the room. Most of them were huddled in their own little groups talking about whatever they could think of. 

Jiyeon sat at the couch, letting her mind dwell on the last few days, flicking from the present to the past as far back as to the times she had spent with Eunjung. It was like a dream, like that part of her memory hadn't been real. 

Too much had changed. 

She had been so lost in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed someone in front of her. 

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Kai asked. 

Blinking, Jiyeon stood up, "Yeah." 

Kai took her to the stairs where it was darkened by shadows. He stood her in front of him and took her in, "My sister. You have mum's eyes." For some reason, a lump had started forming in as a faint memory of a soft hand on her cheek and a sweet voice singing her a lullaby came back to her, but what made her sad was the fact that she couldn't remember anything apart from that about her mum.

The kiss took her by surprise.

So she stood there dumbly as Kai pressed his lips against hers. At last when he pulled away she gasped, "What-?"

"That was me saying goodbye to Kai the spy nor Kai the gangster or even Kai the bad guy, from now on I'm just going to be your brother." 

Kai smiled halfheartedly and ruffling her hair he left her standing in bewilderment as he went back to join in with the the others back in the living room where music had started to play. 

Footsteps from above startled her and she spun around ready to attack if it was a burgler of some sort. 

Myungsoo lifted his arms sheepishly in surrender, "hey, hey, it's just me." 

Had Myungsoo seen what had happened with her and Kai?

"Where have you been? I've been looking all around for you." Myungsoo descended the stairs. 

"I was in the living room the whole time," Jiyeon replied, frowning. 

"I must have missed you then," Myungsoo smiled but Jiyeon could tell her was hiding something. 

Myungsoo advanced with his hands clasped behind his back, "So, um..." 

Something fell on the floor with a thud, a tinkling sound following it. Myungsoo froze, panic spreading across his face. It was  a diamond ring which shone slightly even in the dark. Pretending not to have noticed anything Jiyeon turned around muttering something about the music being too loud while Myungsoo scrambled on the floor trying to retrieve the ring. How could he be a stealthy spy but not even hide a ring behind his back properly, Jiyeon could not tell. He stood up straight just as she turned around again. 

Jiyeon tried to hide her smile as he advanced once again, looking around nervously, knuckles white from clutching the ring box so tightly. 

He stumbled as he got on one knee, "Um.. yeah, Jiyeon, um... will you- do you think it's possible, um.. could you-" He stopped and took a deep breath, "Will you marry me, Park Jiyeon?" 

Jiyeon had thought a lot about her life and her future ever since she had visited her father a day or so ago and she had decided on one thing at least. Her feelings weren't wavering anymore. 

Myungsoo looked so hopeful and Jiyeon felt bad about not replying properly as she should have last time. 

This time would be different.

"Yes Myunsoo, yes I will." 


A/N: Well I guess everything is wrapping up nicely. I think the next chapter will probably be the last one as the epilogue or something like that. 

Before I go I have one last thing to ask you guys. I originally started this fanfic as a Myungyeon shipper but as the plot developed I got attached to Kai's character that I started shipping Kaiyeon a bit along the way (don't hate me I still love Myungyeon xD) 

I heard from a few of my readers that they will ship Kaiyeon just for this fic and I was wondering how many of you felt that way. 

So just vote for this poll so I get a brief idea but remember that it's only for this fic only :D 

Hope you guys had fun reading this fic so ar and anticipate for the next chapter. It will be out hoepfully in the next few days ^^