Escape

Most Wanted

Jiyeon opened but there was no fabricated excuse that escaped it, nor any words at all in fact. 

But Kai's expression wasn't angry, it was curious. 

"So where are you going?" Kai asked again, inquisitive eyes bore into Jiyeon's making her feel slightly uncomfortable. Sensing this, Myungsoo intervened, "What's it to you?" 

"She's my girlfriend," Kai said simply. At Kai's reply, Myungsoo's hands balled up into fists unintentionally as he tried to repress his anger. 

"How many times do we need to tell you? She's not your girlfriend!" Myungsoo muttered through gritted teeth. 

Kai blinked, "Yes she is and may I ask who you are?" 

Myungsoo cast him an irritated look but forced himself to look away, "Nevermind," he knew Kai was only like this because of his amnesia. He wouldn't be much worse without, Myungsoo thought bitterly,Kai would probably be trying to kill him by now if it wasn't for his amnesia. 

"He's Myungsoo," Jiyeon replied for him.

Kai frowned, "Myunsoo?"

Nodding in response, Jiyeon led a sleepy Eunjung to the bed and tucked her in. Kai trailed after her like a lost child, "So where are you going?" 

"Nowhere," said Jiyeon trying to act as nonchalant as possible.

"Can I come with you?" 

Jiyeon looked at Kai in shock. "Please?" he pleaded even jutting out his bottom lip in a pout. 

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes but didn't comment. He had to think of some way to get rid of Kai, if he came along then it would be more dangerous for them and who knew when his memory would come back. 

Just as he was thinking up a plan, Jiyeon's face broke out in a small smile at Kai's aegyo. He was quite cute when he wasn't acting like a psycho.

"We're not going anywhere," Jiyeon said gently.

Kai's face fell, "Why won't you tell me?" A determined expression crossed his face as he made up his mind to find out the big secret, "I'll go and tell them that you're leaving if you don't tell me." 

Jiyeon helplessly looked at Myungsoo for help. Myungsoo blew out his breath in annoyane, he should have known something like this would happen as soon as Kai stepped into the room. 

"Fine you can come, but just know that if you get us caught-" 

Kai beamed, "Thanks! I promise I won't, I'll be extra quiet!" In his excitement he hugged Jiyeon, then after a seconds hesitating wrapped Myungsoo in a hug too. Myungsoo pushed him away and cleared his throat, "Well, your um... welcome." 

"So we're leaving tonight?" Jiyeon asked. 

"Yeah at one," Myungsoo clarified, hopefully Kai would just forget to come and they would be able to leave without him, he thought. 

~~~~

It was dark when Jiyeon felt herself being shaken awake with hasty hands, "Jiyeon, wake up. We need to leave," someone hissed in her ear. 

"What? Myung- is it time already?" Jiyeon groggily rubbed her eyes and stumbled out of bed. Myungsoo caught her before she could trip over and fall. 

"Thanks," Jiyeon shook herself awake and did the same to Eunjung who was in the next bed. 

They packed up their belongings in a small rucksack each and was about to leave when a rustling from the corridor made them freeze. Jiyeon held her breath, afraid to make any noise at all and was relieved when Kai poked his head around the door. 

"You scared me," Jiyeon whispered, placing a hand to her chest to calm her thudding heart. 

"Sorry," Kai whispered back, he grinned and swung his backpack with his hands, "I'm ready to go." Kai gasped as he swung his bag too close to a patients head. Thankfully he managed to catch himself in time and it narrowly swooshed past their ear, Kai held his breath but all the patient did was roll over and soon the sound of deep breathing resumed. 

Myungsoo didn't look too pleased with the arrival of Kai however all he did was mutter "let's go" before leaving the room as quickly and quietly as he could on his crutches. Jiyeon picked up her and Eunjung's bags and held Eunjung hand before rushing out to help Myungsoo. Kai followed after them after sweeping one last look at the hospital room. 

~~~~

The wind blew in Jiyeon's face and she had to hold her hair with one hand to keep it from obscruing her vision.

"I'm cold Yeonnie," Eunjung complained.

Jiyeon squeezed her hand and hurried her along, "We'll be there soon, okay. Be patient just for a little while."  

"But I'm really cold, and I'm tired. I want to go back to the hospital," moaned Eunjung loudly and her voice rang through the silent night. The quietness of the night made Jiyeon jump and she couldn't help but retort slightly angrily at the girl holding her hadn to "Be quiet"

"Is Yeonnie angry at me?" Eunjung asked, pouting. 

Jiyeon's face softened, "Sorry, no. It's just that we can't make lots of noise, okay? It's night." 

Eunjung nodded and placed her index finger to her lips before miming a zipping motion with her hand. Jiyeon smiled and turned towards Myungsoo who was still limping with forward with his crutches. 

"Where are we going?" Jiyeon asked. 

"They should be here," Myungsoo looked around for something. A sudden light that flared up in some nearby bushes startled the haggly band of injured patients and made them jump. 

"Been a while, Myungsoo," Sungyeol shouted from the driver's seat. 

"Gosh, you look bad," Woohyun teased from the passenger seat. Myungsoo waved and made his way over. He opened the door and stood aside for Jiyeon and Eunjung to enter before entering himself. He was about to shut the door when a hand stopped him, "Wait, I'm not in yet." 

"Who's that?" Sungyeol asked. 

Myungsoo reluctantly made space for the other man, "Kai. I'll explain everything when we meet up with the others."