Gikwang-Hyosung

To Catch A Prince

                You kept staring at the ceiling. You were thinking about Hyosung. You knew that you should not interrupt into other people business. But it is Jeon Hyosung! Your best friend for God’s sake. Her relationship with Gikwang was a little bit shaky at this moment because of a misunderstanding. You could say that it was a huge fight had happened between to those two lovers.

                Today is Hyosung’s birthday and you had not enough money to buy her a birthday present. You wanted to make her happy by healing her wounded heart. People always says, ‘It’s the thought that counts’. No matter how small it is, but the most important is that Hyosung knows that you still care and love her no matter what it is.

                While you were thinking, Gikwang appeared out of nowhere.

“Why you didn't go to thecanteen?”

                You just shook your head and smiled. “I don’t have any appetite for today.”

“Hmm…” That was the only answer from Gikwang. Nowadays, all Gikwang’s actions were normal as usual. It just that he did not talk that much. He just spoke when he needed to do it.

                You tapped the table with a pen, still finding a way to buy a present for Hyosung.

“Is there things in your mini market that's suitable for a present?” you asked to Gikwang.

                Gikwang did not answer your question. He seem like he was in the other own world. After a few minutes, you repeat that same question again.

“Gikwang!” you raised an octave.

                Gikwang looked at you. “Huh?”

“I’m asking you, what are the things in your mini market that is suitable for a present?” you repeated.

“Today is Hyosung’s birthday,” said Gikwang emotionally. He did not answer your question otherwise he was talking to himself.

                You quickly got up from your sit and walked straight to Gikwang. You need to make him realize that he should not being like this. Every problem has its own solution. Gikwang should find a way to console Hyosung. You will try to help him in any way no matter what happen.

“I know.”

“How’s she right now?” asked Gikwang.

“Bad, just like you!” you answered.

                Gikwang just bitterly smiled. “Yes, I know!”

“Can you promise me something? Promise to me that you won’t be too emotional? Chill. This is just a small matter.” You tried to convince Gikwang.

“I really have no idea. Hyosung is too pig-headed. I don’t understand why she must back off, in fact that is not her fault.” Gikwang tried to protest.

“I know. And I am in disagree too. I really wanna help her but you have to help me too. Not just being an emotional just like her. This is so not macho man!”

                Finally Gikwang let out a laugh. Maybe he just realized that he was being too emotional earlier. “Okay… okay… I get it. I promise to you that I’ll be a macho man again. Okay, so where do we wanna start?” His sounded more positive and happier right now.

                Your felt relieved. Before you could take the conversation more longer, the bell was ringing and the recess time was already over. One by one your classmates started to fill on the class.

                For Hyosung. For Gikwang.

“We'll talk after school session ends later,” you said before going back to your own sit.

“Alright,” replied Gikwang. A sweet smile carved on his lips.

~*~*~*~

“I don’t have any budget to buy a present for Hyosung. This month’s money is quite limited. It takes another two weeks before it’s the end of the month,” you sighed.

                At that time you were walking side by side with Gikwang.

“I already have bought a present for Hyosung last week. But the problem is, I’m not sure whether she will accept it or not.”

“Aigoo! Don’t worry. I’m sure that she’ll be super-duper happy with it,” you tried to convince Gikwang. It is impossible for Hyosung to reject Gikwang’s present!

“That is what you said. But how, if I wanna give it that present but then she did not want meet me?”

“Hmm… that does makes sense. Alright, I can be your agent to give that present but I don’t want to do it. So, what are we gonna do? Hmm…”

                Without care less about the other students who walked passed by, you and Gikwang stood still while thinking about the strategy. Both of you and Gikwang looked so serious.

                KS was sitting in front of his food when he saw Gikwang and you were chatting with a stern face.

‘Are they fighting? If it’s true, then what are their problem?’ he thought.

                A while later, both of you and Gikwang smiled after Gikwang said something. As usual, you face will shining brightly whenever you are happy. KS stared at your face deeply. Suddenly you looked at him. At that time, he wanted to shove the rice inside his mouth. Like a remote control, his hand stopped in the midway. KS flustered. Does Yeonhee could sense something weird?

              Ah! Imposible for Yeonhee to see that I am here. The dining hall window glasses are quite dark. Maybe her action wass just a happenstance. After a few seconds, you continued to chat with Gikwang. After that, both of you and Gikwang made your own way. KS quickly finished his own food.

~*~*~*~

                How hard it was to persuade Hyosung to go to the cafeteria that night. This kid is totally pig-headed! There are two plans in your mind in honour of Hyosung’s birthday.

                First, because of the shortage of the money, you could only treat Hyosung her favourite food, Beijing fried rice. Second, you wanted Hyosung to recover her relationship with Gikwang again. Besides, Gikwang already got a present that he wanted to give to Hyosung. You also had agreed with Gikwang and you hoped that this plan will go on smoothly.

                Your ultimate plan is:

1.     Take Hyosung to the café.

2.     Order Hyosung’s favourite food. Order the same food for me too (actually it is for Gikwang. You don’t mind if he eat your food as long as he pays that money back.)

3.     You leave the table. Gikwang will bring the food to the table without Hyosung knows.

4.     Gikwang sits and discusses with Hyosung. He will use all his charisma and charms that he got to change Hyosung’s thoughts.

5.     Gikwang gives the present to Hyosung.

                       Wow! The plans are so easy but only God knows whether it will go on smoothly as what as you wished for. To execute the number one plan already took more than thirty minutes.

                        At first you were quite nervous. Scared that all you had planned beforehand will ruined. Everything went according to the plan until it was the time for Gikwang to bring the food on the table. Everything went disordered when Hyosung realized that Gikwang was at there too.

                       Hyosung panicked and hurriedly wanted to leave that place. Gikwang tried to stop but Hyosung refused to give the cooperation. When Gikwang gave the present, she just let the present fell on the floor and quickly left the place. You really did not understand with Hyosung’s actions.

                      Gikwang was flustered. You helped him to pick up the prize that was almost crashed. You felt pity when you saw Gikwang’s pale face. You were so annoyed with Hyosung’s childish act just now. Maybe Hyosung might has her own reason but why must she reacted like that towards Gikwang? You were sure (very sure!) that Hyosung still love her relationship with Gikwang.

“I’m sorry,” you said while helping Gikwang.

                Gikwang did not looked at you. You could see that his cheeks turned red. Maybe he is embarrassed or angry. You were not quite sure about that.

“So, our plan is ruined, right?” Gikwang sighed.

“Gikwang-ah…” You tried to understand Gikwang’s feeling at that time.

“I’m just fine. Don’t you worry about me. You better take care of her. In her condition just now, I don’t know where she will go.”

                You were dumbfounded. Although Hyosung treated him badly, but Gikwang still took care of her. He cared more about Hyosung’s feelings rather than himself. “What type of human are you, Gikwang?” you mumbled alone.

                Actually, the scene where you picked up the present was watched by KS. He saw Gikwang’s gloomy face. He also saw your angry face. What’s happening? Are both of them fighting? Impossible because he knew that Gikwang and you are best friend. He wondered that present is for whom. He wanted to ask Gikwang but he sensed that it is not the right time for that. Maybe some other time.

“What’s going on at there?” his friend asked.

“I don’t know… I’ll ask Gikwang later on. Maybe he could explain the situation better. I hope Yeonhee is okay…”