Car Washer

To Catch A Prince

              The Charity club had organised a big event in order to raise the fund for the orphanage that they had visited few months ago. The event started with the principal’s speech. Parents and outsiders were also invited and the responds that they got were quite a big hit.

                Few big and small canopies were set up on the school field. There were some stalls that sold drinks, titbits, souvenirs and many more in order to brighten up the occasion.

                You were working under a car wash canopy. The location was quite far from the field. Hyosung, Eunyoung, Nayoon, L, Sungyeol and few more students were on duty at there. Gikwang was not at there because he needed to help the teachers somewhere else. Once in a while he would appear. You knew, actually he wanted to see Hyosung.

“Ah! So tired!” you sighed. The blue Suzuki car was the eighth car that you washed this morning.

“Don’t you want to take a rest for a while?” asked Hyosung. Her hands were busy scrubbing the tyre that was covered with the mudflat.

“After this, when this car is done,” you replied.

                You waved towards Gikwang when he went nearer. Without Hyosung realized, you already ran towards Gikwang. Hyosung were talking to herself, did not aware on what was happening.

“How was your job? Already done with it?” you asked.

“Yup! Yup! I’m done!” Gikwang widely smiled. He looked a bit tired but still managed to smile.

“Your shirt is soaking!” Suddenly L interfered. Sunyeol just smiled beside him.

                Today, your mood was so good. You just smiled when L talked to you just now. Besides, his poker face did not shown at all, in fact he did his job as the car washer with full of dedication plus with his ‘Korean Most Wanted Guy’ face. His commitment is definitely an A+.

“I’m washing the car, so it's a must to get wet. When I bake a cake, my apron will be full of flour!” you answered with a happy face. Truthfully, you and Hyosung were all wet because while washing the car you played with the water. “Thank you so much because you are willing to help us,” you continued.

                L did not answer. Instead he sprayed the water towards you. You were dumbfounded. You was totally shocked with L’s action. You really did not expect that he would reacted like that. Really out of your mind!

                You wanted to pay back the revenge. Coincidentally you were holding a pail of water. So without wasting any time, you splashed the water towards L. The splashes also went to Gikwang and Sungyeol.

“Ha! Serve your right!” you shouted while ran towards the place where you washed the car just now. You were quite sure that they were going to take a revenge any soon.

“Hey!” Gikwang yelled. He was totally soaked. You just laughed. L was laughing too. So did Sungyeol.

                Then, L sprayed the water towards Gikwang.

“Hey!” Gikwang did not satisfied. He looked around and saw a junior student was holding a rubber pipe. He ran towards that student and took the pipe from his hand.

“Borrow it for a while!” he shouted.

                You shouted at Hyosung, requesting for a help. “Hyosung-ah, help me!!”

                Hyosung were clueless when she heard you called her name. Right after she got up, her face was sprayed by Gikwang. She dodged but the water still hit to her body. You laughed. L also laughed.

                Gikwang stopped spraying the water because he did not expect that Hyosung would be the one who was behind the car. He was worried about Hyosung’s reaction. Hyosung silence for a while, maybe her brain was processing what's happening at that time.

                Hyosung acted as she was calm. “You, come here for a while,” she called Gikwang.

                Gikwang hesitated. He still remembered what happened few days ago at the cafeteria. He did not know what is Hyosung’s next step. Don’t say that she wants to break their relationship. He cannot accept it.

                Gikwang moved forward slowly. His heart was beating fast. He looked directly at Hyosung’s face. He started to panic because of  Hyosung’s serious face. Without any longer, Hyosung splashed a pail of water to Gikwang’s body and yelled, “Yeonhee-ah! Faster! Let’s finish him off!”

                You quickly sprayed the water on Gikwang ‘s face. Sometimes, you would sprayed the water to L too. A few junior students also enjoyed the water splashing and spraying session.

~*~*~*~

                In the middle of the field, a big canopy was set up. A few students would make a performance around two o’clock.

                Suddenly someone tapped your shoulder. “Hey, daydreaming again?” said Eunji and sat beside you. You just gave her a sweet smile.

“Where is Hyosung? I don’t see her anywhere around here.” Asked Eunji while looked to the left and right.

“She just go back to the dorm for a while… take a bath and then change into new clothes. Later, she’ll be here,” you calmly answered Eunji’s question.

                Eunji nodded and smiled when she heard your answer.

“And you didn’t change your clothes too?” Eunji looked at your tired face.

“After this maybe…” 

               Eunji excused herself when she heard someone called for her name. While waiting for Hyosung, you went to the stall nearby. You were attracted with the mouth-watering ‘ddeobeoki’ that they sold. With the sweet and spicy sesame sauce on the top and also roasted squid as the side dish, who wouldn’t get attracted to it?

                While you were enjoying that roasted squid, Hyosung arrived with a shining face.

“Hey! You ate it without me!” grumbled Hyosung.

“Sorry, but I just can’t handle it. The aroma is alluring me and my stomach has made its own concert inside me!” you felt a bit guilty.

“I know. Don't worry... I just wanna tease you. Can I have that ‘ddeobeoki’ too?” Without waiting for your answer, she just grabbed and put it in .

“Ah, heaven!”

                You shook your head while watching your friend’s action. “Let’s sit under that canopy. After this we could see the performance,” you suggested.

                Hyosung nodded as an agreement. She did not reply because she was busy munching the food. Before that, both of you and Hyosung met with Sungyeol and L. Each of them were holding a guitar.

“You do the performance too?” asked Hyosung.

“We’re just the extras for back up. Hyorin couldn’t make it, so she has to cancel this. I heard that she had a sore throat today,” replied Sungyeol.

“Oh, I see. Okay, good luck for your prfomance!” Hyosung laughed. You laughed with her too. This time, L was smiling and no longer a poker face from him.

                You and Hyosung quickly moved to the front of the stage. There were already lots of people filled inside the huge canopy. No empty seats were available.

“OH! What are we going to do?” Hyosung sighed.

“What else, just standing. Or maybe, let’s go under that tree. I guess, we couldn’t see their face. But at least we can hear the voice,” you answered.

“Alright honey. Before that, I wanna buy the mineral water and banana fritters. Do you want it too?” asked Hyosung.

“Yes, my baby. And don’t forget to buy the tofu pudding for me!”

“Okay, as you wish!” Hyosung hurriedly went to the stalls and bought the food. She did not want to miss L and Sungyeol’s performance too.

                Once again Woohyun’s voice could be heard, he presented L and Sungyeol on the stage. Without wasting any time, Hyosung ran as fast as she could while holding two plastic bags in her hands. Without she realized, Gikwang saw her from the back of the canopy.

“What’s wrong with Hyosung? She looks like she’s in hurry?”  Minhyuk wondered.

              Gikwang did not give any comment. He just watched Hyosung from far. Sometimes, he did not know how to predict Hyosung’s mood. She’s just too random! Hyosung has been cold towards him for a few days, just now she was all cheerful and carefree to be around him at the car washing canopy. And now, she turned to a cold person back towards him.

              He did not know the real direction of their relationship. But deep inside his heart, he did not want that this relationship just to be ended like that. This is not the ending that he longed for.

                Hyosung arrived while she tried hard to catch a breath. You just smiled when you Hyosung. She sat beside you and quickly took a sip of water. She really felt like that she was in a marathon competition.

“Haven't they started yet? I can’t hear it too well because of the noise from the stalls.”

“Now, try to listen to it. They just started, by the way,” you answered.

“What song is that?” Hyosung tried to captured the rhythm from the guitar.

                You tried to listen and guess the song’s title too. L’s voice slowly came into the first verse. Now, you knew that L was singing ‘Only Tears’. All the audiences were amazed by L and Sungyeol performance.

                As soon as the performance ended, everybody was quiet before they gave both L and Sungyeol a standing ovation. Sungyeol and L bowed before they went to the backstage.

“They’re just Hyorin’s replacement, yet still manage to give such an impressive performance,” Hyosung commentated.

                You just nodded you head as an agreement. You were speechless. You really did not expect that L was very talented. He got a complete ‘package’ to put him in a higher level than anyone else.

                Suddenly you felt sorrow. Looks like ‘Korean Most Wanted Guy’ image is getting far away. Once, L’s image was about one metre in your mind. After that performance, his image has decreased about 75% from your mind. Oh! My life. Suddenly you felt that you are not compatible enough to be with the ‘Korean Most Wanted Guy’.