At Least...

To Catch A Prince

                       ‘Talent Time’ competition was divided into two categories which are singing either in group or solo. All of the contestants were allowed to sing any genre of music that they wanted to.

“I didn’t see Gikwang anywhere. Where is he?” Hyosung’s eyes wildered around. She also tried to look for Minhyuk because both of them are usually together.

“He must be around here… or else he maybe working at the mini market right now,” You replied. You were busy looking at the name list of the contestants.

“After this, shall we go to the café? Suddenly I am craving for the banana milk shake and kimchi fried rice. And then, we can go look for Gikwang, alright?” Hyosung’s face brighten when she said Gikwang’s name. Both of them just started to develop their relationship, still in a newbie phase.

“I am on diet.”

“Eh, you’re on diet?”

“Actually I have to because I overused my money this month…”

“Nah… that’s okay. It’s my treat for tonight!” replied Hyosung.

“Oh, really? You’re truly my forever best friend.” You said while hugging Hyosung.

                The event went smoothly and hosted by Woohyun, who is famous for his jokes and always MC lots of school events. You could sense that one day he would become a famous person in entertainment industry.

“Looks like there's only the same students who entered this time round too. Isn’t there any talented people in our school besides them?” Hyosung mumbled while she took a look at the contestants names from yours. It is not that she hate it, but everybody could already guess the winner.

                It was hard to beat Hyorin. Every time she opened , the sweet melody came out. Hence, she also owns a very powerful vocal and her pitching was always right. Her talent is undeniable!

                You just kept yourself quiet. Actually you felt reluctant to be at the event. The incident where Sunggyu called you ‘Sunshine’ were still playing in your mind. It was hard for you to face the fact that he is the KS. You heart just said that it is not him.

“When will they end this?” you grumbled.

                Hyosung looked at her watch but it was too hard because the whole hall was dark except for the stage only.

“I think sooner or later. Maybe there’s only one or two contestants left. Why? Are you bored?”

“Just a bit…” you said unwillingly.

“Now our very last contestant for tonight is a new group, consist of two young men. They will entertain us with an acoustic guitar and a song entitled ‘In the Summer’. Give a big clap to INFINITE!”

                The claps and whistles were very loud, maybe to celebrate the new group. You and Hyosung still did not give the attention until you heard the plucking of the guitar, playing the intro of the song.

                Hyosung tucked your skirt. You looked at her.

“What?” you asked.

“Try to focus on the guitar player at there.”

                Your eyes were glued on the stage. You really know both of the person on that stage, especially the one who was sitting at the right corner and plucking the guitar. You really know ‘him’ who had dimples on both cheeks.

                You were not satisfied just watching him from far, so you pulled Hyosung to the front of the line. Coincidentally, the sits at the left side were empty. So, you and Hyosung could watch Sungyeol and L more clearer.

                At the end of the performance, Sunyeol and L received a big clap. Both of them widely smiled. Finally, they crowned as the winner for the Group category. You felt proud with your prince charming achievement.

                You could see few girls whispered among themselves. Maybe they were talking about Sunyeol and L. Looks like L’s secret admirers circles would increase more and more.

                Despite of his popularity, when you thought back, you never heard any gossip about L and any girls in this school. Is that means that he's not interested in any girls at here? Maybe his standard is too high? Or maybe he already has a girlfriend outside from this school? Yeah… he is rich so it is not impossible. Maybe he is secretly dating just like Gikwang  and Hyosung?

                Dear my prince charming… what should I do? You’re just like a mystery that I want to explore. But at the same time I want to know who is the real KS.

~*~*~*~

                After the performance, both of you and Hyosung went to the café. Hyosung saw Minhyuk tried to pluck the guitar at the corner of the café. Sungyeol and L were at there too with a few students. When Minhyuk saw Hyosung, he swiftly put the guitar on the floor and hurriedly went forward. He had a big smile on his face.

“Hi!” greeted Minhyuk.

“Where’s Gikwang?” asked Hyosung as soon as Minhyuk went nearer.

“He got a fever. Don’t you know about it?”

“Is it bad?” Hyosung asked again. No smile on her face as usual.

“Not that bad. This morning, he already took the medicine. And now he is resting in the dorm. The temperature had already decreased. It’s just flu and cough. Our hero can’t get sick for a long time,” Minhyuk tried to joke but Hyosung’s face was still serious as ever. She did not satisfied with Minhyuk’s answer.

“Has he ate?”

“Not yet for tonight. I gave him some of my food but he did not want to touch it even a bit,” replied Minhyuk. He totally understood that Hyosung was worried about Gikwang.

“Here! Take this fried rice and gave it to him. Make sure that he EAT this,” said Hyosung while she gave Minhyuk the kimchi fried rice in the polystyrene wrapper.

“Yes, Mam! Your wish is my command!”

                Before Minhyuk left that place, he shouted to Sunyeol and L. “Yah! I got to go first. L-ah, later on you teach me how to play that guitar!”

“Okay, no problem!” replied L. And when he looked at you, suddenly his face turned serious. He sat down and started to play with his guitar without even bothered about you and Hyosung.

                His poker face is back again.                           

“I bet a guy like him must don’t have any feelings, right?” you commentated suddenly.

“Why do you said like that?” asked Hyosung.

“Just… he looks so arrogant.”

                Suddenly you remembered about Hyosung’s food that she already gave to Gikwang.

“What to do now? You already gave your fried rice to Gikwang. Do you want to order another one?” you tried to change the topic.

“No, that’s okay. You don’t mind sharing your food with me, right? I don’t think that I’ll be eating a lot tonight. I don’t have any mood…”

“Of course! Sharing is caring!” you cheerfully replied.

~*~*~*~

                Back in the dorm, the clock already showed 12.30 am. Hyosung had already drove into the dreamland but you were still sitting on the chair at your study desk. Revising Chemistry subject for the upcoming exam.

                ! It is not easy to memorize the Periodic Table of Elements. You need to know and remember whether that element is a metal or half metal or non-metal. You also need to know the number of proton for each element and the weight of the atom.

                Damn! There are so many data that I need to memorize. At least, I need to excel with the important element like calcium, sodium, titanium, cobalt, carbon and nitrogen. The list is on and on. There must be a right method to remember these freaking things. You thought that it must be god to memorize of there is a song about that subject.

                Yup! Maybe I can ask ‘Korean Most Wanted Guy’ to create a song based on these elements. You could remember that excellently. I’m sure that I’ll get an A+ for Chemistry, and be the best student for this subject.

                Okay! Focus, Yeonhee… focus!

                One hour had already passed. Your eyes started to close. Your mind started to wander around. You were thinking about that ‘Talent Time’ competition just now. L’s voice was just too nice. The song ‘In the Summer’ played in your mind. A simple song but has a deep meaning. It must be good if he dedicated that song to me. But you realized that, you are just a nobody in his eyes.

                You sighed. L’s amazing performance must had gave a huge impact on his popularity. He is already too popular, so the circle of his fans must be expanding more and more. So, your chances to stand out in front of him has become smaller and smaller. Why should I do?

                All these while you never give any high hope to L. It is just enough for you to stalk from the corridor of your classroom. You had officially announced L as your source of inspiration from afar. That’s all that you could do. At least...