That Incident

To Catch A Prince

                From afar, you could already see the orphans' house where the kids lined up in order to celebrate the guest.

“Hyosung-ah, if you are here too… I’m sure that you’ll feel what I feel right now,” you talked to yourself. Without any hesitation, you quickly went forward to a small girl and carried her on your hip.

“What’s your name?” asked you with a soft smile.

                That small girl seemed shy to answer.

“She doesn’t familiar with you yet. Don’t worry. Later on, she’ll get used to it,” explained the owner of the orphans' house.

“Really?” you chuckled a bit. “Oh yes, my name is Lee Yeonhee,” You introduced yourself.

“I am Nayoung. Nayoung eonni. I am the owner of this house. And this small cute little girl is Jeong Nara.”

                You pinched Nara’s nose. “Jeong Nara? What a sweet name, as sweet as the person is.”

That little girl looked at your face for a while and finally she gave a smile. There are two dimples on her cheeks. Cute!

“Eonni…” that small girl said while she touched your face softly.                 

“Huh, what?” You creased your eyebrows.

“I think she said ‘eonni’ just now. Seems like that she really likes you…” said Nayeong eonni while she patted Nara’s backside.

                You were astonished. You really did not know why but you already had this soft spot for Nara.

“Here, take this chocolate because of your good behaviour…”

                All the time when you were at the orphanage, Nara always stayed by your side. You felt so happy to see lively Nara talked and smiled.

                You looked around of the house and observed the orphans. Some of the are quiet energetic and active while others just kept themselves quiet. Seemed like that they were not ready enough to get out from their shells. There were a few times that you saw Sunggyu tried to attract the attention of a young boy. He clearly had a difficulty in order to deal with it.

                When the small party started, once again you saw Sunggyu tried to console the same boy to eat. Coincidently, you were in front of them. Sunggyu looked up and smiled when he saw you. Hmm… not bad!

“What’s wrong with him?” you asked.

“He doesn’t want to eat. From the start since we came here, I already saw him being so sad and solemn,” replied Sunggyu with a slow tone.

“Do you want me to coax him?” You really wanted to help Sunggyu.

                Sunggyu smiled again. “No, that’s okay… I can handle it…”

“Oh, no… no… not a big deal at all. Besides, I really love to get involve around the children!”

                You pulled the boy’s arm and smiled. At first, the boy did not want to go near by you. He looked really uncomfortable and gloomy.

                You showed to that boy few candies that you got. “Keep this in your pocket. As a present from mine.” You said with a sweet smile.

                Few minutes had passed but the kid still did not move from his sit. You thought that maybe he is in dilemma right now. Suddenly you heard that boy said, “Thank you.”

                You and Sunggyu looked at each other. Disbelieve! Both of you do not expect that response after an hour of endless trying to win his heart.

“What’s your name?” softly you asked .

“Chunji…” said the boy before he ran away from his sit.

                Once again you smiled. At least your effort had softened his heart a bit.

“What charm had possessed into you just now?” Sunggyu said in awed.

“Charm? Oh here! Candies charm! This is truly effective to all the kids and maybe some of the adults too!” You let out a big laugh.

“Oh, I see. Later on, can you teach me this trick too?” asked Sunggyu.

“But the fee is quite expensive…” You tried to play along wih Sunggyu’s joke.

“Hmm… I am willing to pay it with my monthly pocket money. So are you in?” Sunggyu’s face looked serious.

                At first you wanted to continue your laugh but when you looked at Sunggyu’s face, you immediately stopped. You were not so sure. Whether Sunggyu  is joking or serious.

“Okay, okay. I’m just joking. You don’t have to pay any penny to me because of that candy trick. Hey, why so serious?” You chuckled a bit.

                Sunggyu kept looking at your face. “Do you know that I really like you?” said Sunggyu.

“Huh?” You were totally dumbfounded.

“I like to be friend with you because you’re the type of ‘cool’ girl. Please just stay like this, okay!” said Sunggyu. Then, he walked away from that place without even giving you a chance to reply. You wanted to call him but your voice just stuck inside your throat.

                Damn! Why he had to said that at times like this? Yes, maybe he did not mean anything big but that is enough to make my life miserable. My mission in finding who is the real KS is not even done yet. Or maybe… he is the real KS?