Sincerely, Yoona

Kyuna Drabbles/One-Shot Collection

Title: Sincerely, Yoona

Genre: Angst

Music: Lost Stars - Adam Levine

 

December 28, 2010

The road and side walk are all white and slippery. The snow was covering everything it could. It’s almost at the end of year again. Time really does fly, eh?

It’s not like any other day, today is one of the special day for Yoona. She will make a surprise visit for Kyuhyun.

That guy must have been sulky for days because she rejected his offer to come at his place. A smile appears on Yoona’s lips when she pictures the image of Kyuhyun being sulky. Gladly, it doesn’t take long for Kyuhyun to be sulky at her. She knows how to set his mood right again.

 

***

Kyuhyun just got off from his duty. To tell you the truth, being one of the soldiers has never been easy. Kyuhyun lost a lot of friend along the way. Some of them lose their lives, some other has to live the rest of their lives as a disabled veteran… and the government just treats them like a trash when they can’t join the battlefield again.

Last month, Hyukjae, one of the best snipers in Seoul, has to lose one of his best assets, his left eye. And upon knowing this, the government just easily ditches him with dispensation only 3 months worth payment. How about a lifetime, eh? Kyuhyun feels bitter about this.

He already prepared himself though, that one day, the same thing could happen to him. It’s almost sound pathetic, but no one will miss him anyway. He’s literally doesn’t have anyone with him. His family’s god knows where. He was an orphan but he managed to live all by himself at the age of 14, so it doesn’t matter.

 

His thought was interrupted by the sound of doorbell on his apartment. Kyuhyun lazily picks up himself and walking towards the front door. Must be the pizza guy, Kyuhyun thought.

 

“I thought it’s already passed the deliv—“ Kyuhyun didn’t finish his words, he’s too bewildered for words.

“Pizza got your tongue?” Yoona teased the taller guy in front of him while offering the best smile she has.

His breathing is getting faster upon the realization the woman on his dreams popped up in front of his door without prior notice, “You son of a—“ Kyuhyun roughly pulled Yoona’s body and smashed his lips onto her.

Yoona smiles between their kiss and absentmindedly throw the pizza box on her hands somewhere. She didn’t even give a damn about the damn pizza. All she’s trying to find is the warmness of the man on her arms.

Kyuhyun groans when Yoona unknowingly grinding her body to him, which of course, his body response very positively. “ you.” He mutters while undressing the latter woman.

***

After two session of making love, Yoona immediately falls asleep. But then she’s awake when she felt a movement from the guy next to her.

“Something’s bothering you?” yoona caress the supportive arm that wrapped her tight.

It takes 5 seconds for Kyuhyun to answer her question and instead, he’s asking another question, “Did I wake you up?”

Yoona turned her body around and met her gaze with him, “Kind of? What are you thinking?”

Kyuhyun shrugged, “Nothing precious.”

“Really? Not even me?”

Kyuhyun shook his head, he’s pouting, “You don’t even miss me. So I don’t want to think anything about someone who doesn’t even think about me.”

Yoona chuckled lightly, “Aww… come on. I’m here now. Making love to you about… 3 hours ago. Don’t be mad anymore.”

“Stop doing that.” Kyuhyun brushed off Yoona’s fingers that tracing the scars on his left arm. But seconds later, he took her hand and gives them a kiss all the way to her lips and starts to kiss her again.

Yoona didn’t know how many times Kyuhyun kiss a girl, because he really knows how to kiss. His lips alone just know how to make love to her.

Slowly, Yoona retreat from his kiss and give him a light kiss on his neck, “You can have me until tomorrow night. Now tell me, what’s going on?”

Kyuhyun let out a heavy sigh. He shook his head lightly, “I don’t know. I’m jus— I’ve been doing some thinking.” Kyuhyun stares deeply into Yoona’s orbs. He could see his own reflection there, “What if… one day I’m not coming back? What if… one day, even if I am coming back… but I become… you know… disabled? I understand though if you w—“

Yoona slapped him hardly, “How dare you…” the tears formed in the corner of her eyes, “How dare you saying this thing to me?” she can feel that her lips are trembling.

Kyuhyun smiles sadly, “But that’s the reason why I have never asked you to leave your husband, Yoong. So that when I’m gon—“

Yoona slapped him again. “you will come back, like you always been. Or you can always quit, Kyu. You know that.”

Kyuhyun laughed bitterly, “then what? We can go happily ever after? No, Yoona. I don’t want you to leave Seunggi or Hyuna. They need you— Oh God, I’m sorry. I didn’t want to make you cry.” Kyuhyun gently pulled her into his arm, soothed her, and started to sing her favorite songs while caressing on her back.

Meanwhile, a part of his mind was just wandering around somewhere else. He really loves Yoona. He met her through the military care. At that time, Yoona’s taking a pro bono case there.

Kyuhyun was shot near his limb at that time and Yoona just happened to be the doctor in charged at that time.

Besides the wound, Kyuhyun also got an emotional trauma, when he saw Sungjae was blown apart in front of his eyes. So Yoona had to help him recover. Both mentally and physically.

Who knows that somehow she breaks one of her vow to not getting emotionally attached with her own patients.

 

December 29, 2010

After what they talked about last night, Kyuhyun promised to not bring that topic again. He just doesn’t want to spend their quality time by hurting her. She already has a hard time by sharing her love for her family and also for him. Kyuhyun couldn’t ask for more.

 

“When is your next duty?” yoona asked between their breakfast. She’s observing Kyuhyun that seemed really happy eating the pancakes that she made.

“2 weeks from now. Will you send me off?” he asked with mouth full of food.

Yoona grinned, “Of course. For how long?”

“two months top. I’ll send you a letter every day. You still keeping the one I sent you last time?”

“I keep it on a safe box.” She whispers as if there’s anyone else in that room.

Kyuhyun chuckled, “You should. Or I will stop sending you letters.”

Yoona smiles as she wipes the strawberry jam on the corner of his lips, “I love you.”

Kyuhyun grinned happily, “I love you too.” And then gave a strawberry flavored kiss on her lips.

 

***

December 31, 2010

Although Kyuhyun said that his on active duty 2 weeks later, but seems like he has to go earlier than he planned.

To be honest Yoona’s a little bit disappointed because she couldn’t send him off properly.

The last time they had was spending by unnecessary fight, this time she takes the initiative to send him a letter first.

 

Dear Kyuhyun,

It seems like that I need every second of my life to tell you that I love you.

I’m sorry if I’ve ever let you down. But whatever happens, please remember this,

I will always love you and I will always be waiting for you here.

You really mean a lot for me. Please never doubt that.

I will always put you in every of my prayer.

Sincerely,

Yoona

 

After sending out the letter, she knows that she has to wait for awhile. Like 14-days-for-awhile. Because that’s just how it usually works.

14 days is not really a big deal for Yoona. Since tomorrow, she will be taking a vacation with her family to Taiwan. So, when she returned to Seoul, the letter from Kyuhyun probably already arrived at her office. At least that’s what she thought.

 

January 1, 2011

Kyuhyun and the squad are resting at the abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere.

“A car crash, eh? People need to be more careful on the snowy days like this.” Lee Joon, one of his teammate poked his shoulder lightly.

Kyuhyun who didn’t actually watch the news only humming as a response.

 “You want some pudding? I heard that they’re making us a really decent food tonight.”

“I know.” Kyuhyun only responsed half heartedly to Lee Joon’s offers.

 

Joon was about to leave the room, when he finally noticed a red dot who flickers a couple of times near his eye level.

“Heads up!”

But it’s too late, once he realized, Kyuhyun already threw his body and protecting him from behind. And the next thing he knows, Kyuhyun was already laying on the floor. Lee Joon impulsively pulled out his tokarev and aimlessly shooting out to the windows behind him. He’s shooting while dragging Kyuhyun’s body away from the shooting point, although probably it won’t change anything. Because the latter guy’s already dead.

***

January 3, 2011

“I’m sorry that we have to inform you this Mrs. Lee. But your husband couldn’t make it through the operation. He’s lost a lot of blood on the way here. Luckily, your daughter is alright although we ne—“

She tilted her head and stared at the doctor in confusion, “I’m sorry… my husband…? I have a husband?”

The doctor then shifted his gaze to the nurse and shook his head, feeling helpless. He let out a sigh and then returned his gaze to his patient, “I’ll be back again in a minute. Okay?”

“What’s happening to me?” her eyes slowly becomes widened as she trying to dig the memories on her brain but there’s none.

“Just relax. Okay? You’ll be fine.” The nurse’s trying to assure her while injecting something to her IV.

“W— wh— what’s happening to .. me?” her breath’s becoming slower and slower and seconds later, the darkness took her away again.

 

 

***

 

Happy birthday (in advance) Yoona!!