Finding a friend

Kyuna Drabbles/One-Shot Collection

Title: Finding a friend

 

22 September 2007

 

“Kyuhyun~ah.. how’s your first day at school, honey?” asked Kyuhyun’s mom when Kyuhyun just walked into their house.

The little kyu didn’t answer his mom. He just went straight to his room.

“Kyu?” his mom looked worried when her snn didn't answer her question.

Kyuhyun is a 5 years old boy who just started his day as a pre-school boy.

 

School is no fun! The little Kyu said. I don’t wanna go to school anymore! I don’t have a friend!

I DON’T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL ANYMOORREEE!!!!  Kyuhyun scream silently on his mind.

“Kyu? Kyuhyun?” his mother is knocking on the door

“Kyuhyun?” she called him again when she heard no answer. His mother tried to go inside kyu’s room but she can’t because Kyuhyun locked the door. “Kyuhyun, open the door, honey”

“No...!!!” said little kyuhyun while hiding under his pillow. Which is... unnecessary, since his mother couldn’t go in anyway.

“Kyu....” his mom tried to persuade him to open the door.

“I will open that door, if you promise me that i don’t have to go to school anymore tomorrow!!”

Long pause before finally Mrs. Cho answered, “I can’t honey. I’m sorry. But you still have to go to school tomorrow.”

Little kyuhyun was crying underneath his pillow, “Then i don’t want to open that door forever!”

 

One thing that little Kyu didn’t know, that his mother has the spare key. So, he’s a little bit startled when his mom all of a sudden barged into the room. He pulled the blanket and covered himself beneath.

Mrs. Cho approached him slowly and sit beside him. “Why you didn’t want to go to school?” she asked warmly.

Kyuhyun still hiding himself beneath the blanket.

“You still haven’t got any friends?” she asked again.

Kyuhyun’s sobs were gradually faded. He pulled off his blanket and then staring at his mom with frowned look.

“Come here, honey.” His mother spread her arms, wanted to comfort him and give him a hug.

Kyuhyun slowly approached his mom and snuggled into her warmthness, “How do you know that i still don’t have a friend at school?”

Mrs. Cho smiled when she heard that question. She patted his back, “Of course i know, honey. It’s a common thing, you didn’t have a friend in your first day at school. But the next day, you sure will have one.”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened, “Really? So, tomorrow i’ll have a friend?”

Mrs. Cho nodded.

“Yaaayyy!! I’ll have friend tomorrow!!”  Little Kyuhyun cheered happily.

Mrs. Cho only smiling. Well, she’s a little bit lying actually. But sometimes, if you put an idea into someone, you could give them a courage and psychological relieved. And that’s what Kyuhyun really needed right now.

Well, at least it’ll give little kyu a new hope.
 

...



Little kyuhyun just arrived at his school. Mrs. Cho accompanied him just like yesterday. But since she had to do the chores at home, she left little kyu alone and little kyu will ride a school bus after school.

And before she left, she just had to make sure that Kyuhyun will comply to her words about the bus. “Just wait for the bus. Okay? And don’t go anywhere before the bus come. Understand?”

Little kyu grinned, “Ay ay mommy!”

“Kyuhyun~~ let’s go!” called Mrs. Jongwoon, his teacher.

“Now, go... Mrs. Jongwoon already called you!” nudge Mrs. Cho to little Kyu.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Bye mom. And thank you  for giving me a ride!!”

After got kiss from his mom, little Kyu bouncing happily into his classroom.

 

...

 

Kyuhyun was eating his lunch when all of a sudden a girl come and approached him

“Can i sit here?”

Kyuhyun lifted his head and see a girl with doe eyed look had been staring at him. His eyes become more brighter when that word popped up in his mind, “a new friend”. He then nodded vigorously  and give her a space to sit.

“What’s your name?” asked little Kyu with full of curiosity.

“My name is Im Yoona, you can call me yoona or yoong is fine too~~” Said the girl with a wide smile on her lips.

Kyuhyun tried to memorized her name carefully.. Im Yoona… Yoona…

“What’s yours?” Yoona asked Kyuhyun back.

“My name is Kyuhyun. You can call me Kyu.”

Yoona nodded in satisfaction, “Hi there Kyu~~”

Kyuhyun grinned happily. But then he realized something, “You didn’t bring any food?”

Little Yoona shook her head lightly. She looked a little bit shy.

Kyuhyun grabbed one of his delicious chocolate sandwich that his mother made for him and offered it to his new friend.

Yoona took it shyly, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Kyuhyun grinned.

“So, you come from which class? I’m from Mrs. Jongwoon’s class” said Kyuhyun while enjoying his sandwich.

Yoona took a bite of the sandwich before start to answer Kyuhyun’s question, “I’m from Mrs. Eunja’s class.”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, “Really? Then our class is only separated by walls then~~”

Yoona nodded unconciously. She’s too focus on the delicious sandwich that Kyu gave him “Wah... this is really delicious. Your mom is awesome!”

Kyuhyun felt proud, “Of course! I also like the berrystraw sandwich that my mom always make every Sunday.”

“Berrystraw?” asked Yoona confusedly.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Yeah, the little red fruit. My mom even planted them on our little garden!!”

Yoona frowned deeply, berrystraw? Little red fruit? He was like thinking about it for awhile until she realized with the fruit that Kyuhyun talked about. He meant Strawberry!!

Yoona then laughed. Makes the other boy curious.

“Why are you laughing?”

Yoona almost choked with chocolate sandwich on his throat, “Kyu~ah, it’s not a berrystraw. It is strawberry. Straw...berry...”

After realized his mistake, Kyu was laughing along with Yoona, “Ah, after all this time, i thought it’s berrystraw!” he slapped his head lightly.

Yoona grinned, “Well, people make mistake. Don’t be hard on yourself, kyu.”

...

 


It’s been awhile since Kyuhyun feels really excited about his school. It’s really fun. He already got friends.

Kyuhyun’s such a caring and lovable friend, that’s why so many kids like him and wanted to be his friends.

And after the conversation at that time, Kyuhyun and Yoona also become more closer. They’re like a long lost twin, always appear together and play together. They become inseparable from time to time.

 

Because it’s been awhile since they’ve become a friend, Kyuhyun asked Yoona to come and sleepover at his house.

Yoona pouted, “I don’t know Kyu... i’d like to. But i’m afraid my father won’t allow me.”

“Why?” the curious boy asked.

Yoona shrugged.
 

Little Kyu felt a little bit sad, because he really wanted to introduce his new bff to his mom.

“Well, then how about just visiting my house? I mean, you don’t have to stay over night at my house.” Asked Kyuhyun again.

Yoona shook her head again, “I guess my father wouldn’t like it too.”

Kyuhyun sighed defeated, “well, that’s too bad…” He lowered his head, as he felt disappointed somehow.

“Kyuhyun!” Mrs. Jongwoon called him from the bus stop.

Kyuhyun averted his gaze to Mrs. Jongwoon who’s waving at him across the street, “Wait a second  Mrs. Jongwoon!”

He then averted his gaze again to Yoona, “You sure you don’t want to come?”

Yoona thinks for awhile, “Not this time. But i’ll try to talk to my father. Okay?”

Kyuhyun nodded vigorously, “Okay then, see you tomorrow Yoongie!”  Kyuhyun waving at Yoona while running to the bus stop.

 


“Who are you waving to?” asked Mrs. Jongwoon when she saw Kyuhyun waving to nobody.

“I was talking to...” Kyuhyun trailed off his word when he turned his body, and find that Yoona has already gone, “... uh, i was talking to Yoongie. It's weird. Awhile ago, she’s still standing right there.” Kyu averted his gaze again to his teacher, “Well, see you tomorrow, Mrs. Jongwoon.”

“See you tomorrow, Kyu...” said Mrs. Jongwoon while waving her hand, but then she remembered something, “Ah! Kyuhyun! Tell your mom, you should wear black uniform tomorrow. Okay? We’ll be having a memorial service.”

Kyuhyun nodded, “Okay, Mrs. Jongwoon, I will~~”

...



“Mom, why do i have to wear black today?” forever curious Kyuhyun asked.

Mrs. Cho just fixing Kyuhyun’s shirt, “It’s for memorial service, honey...”

Kyuhyun tilted his head, “What is memorial service?”

“Memorial service is the way that people use to honor the memory of their beloved one who has died. Maybe to honor one of your schoolmate.”

Kyuhyun just nodded to his mom’s explanation. Though he's not fully understand it.

“Well, are you ready to go now?”

“Yes mommy.”
 

 

20 minutes later, Kyuhyun and his mom already arrived at school.

The school is decorated with white plain sheet. And there’s a white flowers everywhere.

In front one of the class, there’s kids and their parents that put a white rose in front the table which has picture on it.

“Come on Kyu.” Said Mrs. Cho while handing him a white rose. Then they slowly approached the table.

“Put the rose on the table, honey...” whispered Mrs. Cho to his son.

Kyuhyun tilted his head while seeing the picture on the table. And then said, “Ah Mommy! By the way, I wanted to bring my friend to home. But she couldn’t. Because her father didn't allow her to.”

Mrs. Cho just smiling staring at her son, she’s really happy knowing Kyuhyun already close with some kid. “Really? Too bad. Can i see her now?”

Kyuhyun looked around, “Umh, she's not around right now. She might be late. But... But...! She’s the one in the picture!!” said Kyuhyun, pointing at the table that already full with white roses.

 

 

In Memoriam of our beloved friend

Im Yoona

30 May 1990 - 23 May 1997

Rest in Peace

 

------------------

a/n: you might found another exact story like this. snort not, readers, we're the same author. i just decided to change the characters a little bit :x please let me know if you've found any mistakes.. :x