Coffee Shop

Kyuna Drabbles/One-Shot Collection

Title: Coffee Shop

Genre: Fluff, Romance

 

Saturday, March 30

Today is weekend day, which means Yoona have to do a part time job at a coffee shop near her living area, which means, she has to meet that particular annoying customer again.

Yoona is a diligent worker. She always come half hour earlier to clean up the place, makes sure everything is clean and in its right place. She rarely call sick, willing to do an extra time. And all in all, she is pretty much friendly and knows how to keep a good relationship with the customer.

Like Mr. Kim, a businessman, who always come every Saturday at 5 pm. He will always order medium Americano and 2 slices tiramisu. Or Mrs. Lee, the owner of a bakery shop nearby, she will comfort herself with a large caramel macchiato with strawberry cheesecake after a long church service in Sunday morning.

And many other people that will come and go every once in a while. But among them, there’s this one particular guy that always come and makes her feel uneasy.

Well, it’s not like Yoona is searching or looking info about him. It’s just… this guy keep choosing a table near the order table (which is her ground place) and keep rambling about everything. Mostly about him, and it’s all because he doesn’t get answers every time he asked Yoona questions about her curriculum vitae. Like name, birthday, favorite movies and songs, the place she lives, the place where she studies.

The guy’s name is Kyuhyun. It’s just the 9th times they met but she feels like she already knew him all her life.

 

The bell on the doorway is ringing, which tells people in the café that another customer has come.

Yoona glances at her watch first before she confidently decided that it’s probably Kyuhyun.

Yoona step away from her counter and asks a barista to make iced mocha hazelnut, medium size. After that, she slices up a chocolate oreo butter cookies with vla added.

 

“Paying attention to what I order, I see..” the familiar voice says it with a grin on his face. “I knew it, that you only play hard to get with me, right? But on the inside, you actually really care about me. I’m happy.”

Yoona rolls her eyes, “I’m just happened to be a good worker who’s paying attention to the customers around here.”

Kyuhyun grins happily, “deny it all the way you want. But I know that in the heart…. You actually like me.”

Yoona nods her head in an unenthusiastically way, “Of course, I am. I like you that I can’t wait to—“

“Kyuhyunnie!!” someone interrupting Yoona’s failed sarcasm. Yoona turns her gaze to the tall beautiful girl beside her.

“I’m sorry that I late.” She breathes shortly, seems like she was running or something. Yoona then carefully stepped out from the girl’s way.

Before Yoona goes back to the counter, she briefly checks out on the girl. She’s just like a living doll. She’s surely the prettiest girl yoona’s ever seen.

 

An hour later, Kyuhyun and the girl are still lingering on their place.

From the way she sees it, yoona could tell that he is pretty close with that girl. The way they laugh at each other… the way the girl’s hitting at him when he teases her.

“Seems like someone is jealous~~” Jessica sings her words.

Yoona immediately shifts her gaze away. She clears , “J—jealous? Me? No I’m not. Why would I be jealous with her? It’s definitely none of my business.”

Jessica’s smile is getting wider and wider, “Oh so you are jealous with her?” Jessica points at the girl who sits beside Kyuhyun.

Yoona swat Jessica’s hand away, “stop it. I said I’m not.”

“Of course you do. You admit it yourself. I’m just saying ‘someone is jealous’, I’m not saying that someone is you though.”

Yoona snorts, “whatever.” then leaves to clean up tables. She already has one annoying customer. She doesn’t need an annoying coworker too.

While cleaning up the tables, Yoona felt something’s missing. When she hears the laughter from Kyuhyun’s table, she realized, that somehow, she misses his non-stop blabbering. Ever since his friend come, he’s been kind of busy with her.

At first Yoona just ignore it. But when Kyuhyun’s not coming on the next day, she feels a little bit empty.

She was wondering whether that girl is actually Kyuhyun’s girlfriend, which unknowingly makes Yoona a little bit upset, because if kyuhyun already has girlfriend, then why did he keep teasing her all the time?

Yoona furrows her brows when she realized that she is somehow upset with Kyuhyun. It’s not like that she has feelings for him though. You hate him, remember? Yoona makes a friendly reminder to her heart.

As at the end of the day, Yoona forced herself to stop thinking about that annoying guy.

 

Even on the next Saturday when Kyuhyun still doesn’t show up, Yoona keeps telling herself that he is probably busy or maybe he just bored with the same menu that he orders every saturday and sunday. But what if he actually sick or something? Since he's living alone, probably he has no one to take care of him. But then again, if he really is sick, it's been a week. He should've already recovered, right? An endless question just keep popping into her brain with no definite answer.

 

 

Tuesday, April 9

Kyuhyun has just finished showering when he heard someone’s knocking on his door. Kyuhyun wears his clothes in a hurry, “With you in a moment…!” he yells from his room.

Kyuhyun raises his brows as he’s trying to remember whether he has a tutoring schedule or something. He turns his door knob and found a familiar figure in front of his doorstep.

“Yoona?”

The girl looks conflicted whether she has to stay or runaway from there.

 

“Hai...." Yoona says awkwardly, "don’t get me wrong. It’s just.. I was wondering whether…” the girl seems having a hard time to let out the words in her mind, she keeps stuttering and muttered to herself before she let out a word after a word to make, if you can say, a proper sentence, “..whether.. you know.. uh.. you were not there for 3 times. So… it’s not that I like you or anything. But I’m just.. uh…”

Kyuhyun secretly smiling when he realizedthe actual meaning behind her word is. She was there because she misses him, if he can put it that way. And if he is right, Yoona is actually waiting for him to come when he doesn't show up days ago.

“.. I thought you are sick or something. So… so I’m just checking upon you. Since I know that you live far away from your parents.”

The smile on his face is just getting obvious and obvious, “I don’t know whether I should be mad or happy. Because you actually ‘paying’ some attention at me but somehow you don’t”

Yoona blinks her eyes and stares at him dumbfounded-ly, “huh?”

“First thing first, no, I’m not sick. The reason why I’m not coming to the coffee shop is because I was visiting my parents and I just got home yesterday.”

“w—what?”

“Yeah, I just got back from Jamsil. I told you that like 3 weeks ago. I need to go home because I need to…”

“..to be with your mom at her birth day.” Yoona unconsciously finishing Kyuhyun’s words. Yeah, yeah, Yoona suddenly remembered that.

But wait, Oh God, this is embarrassing. Yoona can feel her cheeks are blushing. What happened to her? she just doesn’t meet him 3 times and she acted this way. Oh wait, did she just counting on how many times she hadn’t seen him?

Yoona keeps lowering her head. She doesn’t dare to meet the latter eyes. All of a sudden she remember the pretty girl at that time. It’ll be much more embarrassing if they are indeed having a relationship. She must’ve looked really dumb right now.

“I guess.. I’ll just go. It’s good to know that you are alright. Bye.” Yoona immediately turned her body and prepares to run away.

But kyuhyun is faster. He grabs and holds her hand, “wait. Don’t go. You have come this far. Come on in.”

“But your girlfriend…”

Kyuhyun raised his brow, “my girlfriend? I don’t hav—you mean the one at coffee shop? She is my sister.” Kyuhyun chuckles, “stupid. Why would I keep teasing you and bothering you around if I already have a girlfriend? Give me some credit, I’m pretty much loyal to my future girlfriend.”

Yoona looks a little bit relieved with all Kyuhyun’s explanation. But wait, who is his future girlfriend that he was talking about? “your future girlfriend?”

“Yeah, you know… that waitress at a particular coffee shop, one block away from here. The doe eyed girl, who’s known for her alligator laugh. Do you know her?”

Yoona hits Kyuhyun’s hand, “I’ll never sign any paper to be your future girlfriend.”

“Yeah? Then probably I’ll just go M.I.A again~~”

Yoona puckered her lips as Kyuhyun intertwined their fingers and drags her inside his apartment.

 

 

-----------------------------------

a/n: gaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh… I don’t know what I just wrote. I’m not even beta-ing this fic as I’m writing this in a go .__. I’m sorry for any mistakes. If you find any, just let me know…

Btw… M.I.A means missing in action. Akasjdhalfkdhsfkjadshfkj ciao