We meet again

Forever

“Today we are going out to buy you new clothes, John”, well his name was actually Lee Jong Hyun but I thought that it was kind of weird so I him John instead. Since his mom had to go to work and being a single mother she wasn’t able to look after him at the same time. So I had been looking after him from two days ago since I had nothing to do and we were neighbours so she could pick him up at any time. Mom had been really busy nowadays so I had nothing interesting to do.

He was a years old and was so cute with big eyes, round cheek and pouty lips, just gorgeous. Today I planned to take him to shopping and since I had to take care of him, I just wore a white dipped hem shirt with a skinny jeans and a converse. I closed the door and carried John to the car.

The drive was quite short. I got off the car and went to the other side to get John out. I held him in my arm and got the bag and locked the car. As I was heading towards the entrance, I heard someone called my name. Since I have been so observed into John I didn’t noticed anything. I turned to where the voice came from. My first response, OMG he was here. If it hadn’t been John that I was holding, I would have probably dropped the thing ‘cause my hand felt limp. He was coming towards me. I couldn’t make out his expression since he was wearing a cab and sunglasses on a white top and a jean. Damn if he wasn’t hot. His eyes were on me all the time when he was just a few inch away from me his eyes turned to John and back to me.

“Long time huh?” he said in his sweet voice. “Yeah long time.” I agreed. “Last time you saw me, you totally blanked me. Was I-” I interrupted, “I was busy I had an errand from my mom.” I completely lied. I wish he wouldn’t see through me.

“You didn’t tell me you were coming here or the fact that you moved from Seattle-” Oh my god he was going to ask the whole thing in the first meeting. So I just answered him, “Coming here was a last minute plan and I just wanted to finish my Uni somewhere else. I kind of deactivated my email and I bought a new mobile.” Oh god! He will think that I am crazy now. If I didn’t have my poker face on, I will be having a mental break down. But I was glad he changed the subject, “Who is this?” he said looking at John. Oh I totally forgot I had him, “This is John” I held his band and did a wave thing at Jay’s direction, “Say hi to Jay”.

Jay took off his glasses, “Never heard of him before. Don’t tell me his son?” he made an O shaped mouth, “Did you get mar-”. Before he could finish, I shifted John to the one side and with my free hand, I smacked him in the arm. Then I gave a big sigh and opened my mouth to say something but I was surprised when he suddenly wrapped his arm around me. I felt electric shock everywhere. “You are in there. I thought you were a different person. Don’t ever play that game with me again” Jay tightened his grip on me.

Time passed by, I knew people were staring at our direction. I was not a shy person but Jay was here, “I think you need to put on your glasses if you don’t want to appear on the front page of tomorrow’s newspaper.” Instead of answering, he asked, “You haven’t told who this guy is yet?” He didn’t release me after I struggled so I just said “Neighbours son. Been taking care of him since a few days ago, now let go of me.” He squeezed me once before releasing me from his arm. He was smiling he then put his glasses back on and took John from me. Wow I didn’t noticed that he weighted so much, it felt so light now. Aww he looked cute with a baby.

Suddenly he took my hand with his free hand and held it tightly. “So you came here to buy his clothes.” he said and I just nodded my head. He was still talking but I could not hear him. I was too into my thoughts. Holding hands like this we looked like a couple who has just patched up after a long time and how I wish it to be true. After all this time, we meet again like we were meant to be.