Just for you

Forever

“I was hoping if ____________ would like to be the one to design the main outfit for the show.” My head just jerked up in Dianne’s direction. I gave her a shocked expression and everyone else seemed to be agreeing with her nodding their heads.

“So I will take it as ‘yes’ since you are not saying anything”, Dianne’s said giving her perfect smile. She was 5 ft 10” with a blond hair that came just below her shoulder, with a little bit of twist at the bottom. With her turquoise eye and pink lips, it made her look stunning beautiful. And she always wore a heel, never in my life have I seen her wear flats.

“Perfect”, she said clasping her hand. “Another meeting will be held next week, same day, same time and we will be choosing models for the runway and some of the designs. Ms. Stark, have you got something to say?” she said to my mom.

“It hasn’t been decided who will be going to work in the actual runway. So you guys better start working hard. I will be choosing you based on what you show and what you do, so it better not be just talk.” Mom said coolly. “If there are no more things to say, you are dismissed” as everyone gathered their stuffs and turned to leave, she turned to me, “Come with me to my office and we will go to have our lunch.” “Okay mom”

 

As the theme was wedding, I had to design a wedding dress. When I design or make a dress, I want them to feel beautiful. And happy and… but wedding dress is every girl’s dream. It should be more or less of everything. It needs to be extraordinary, you know unique, elegant and y at the same time, it needs to be lovely. I guess my hand just moved on its own following my heart. Then I had this sketch of a dress. I made it one shoulder with just pattern as strap which will have silver embedding, s around the shoulder to meet the low back of the dress which will be open. The clothes came together at the bottom joined together at a perfect bow with some silver embedding as well. It was a fitting dress just till the upper thigh, then it unfurled like a flower. The front was not open as the back and looked quite simple. It was long in the front but still stretch out longer in the back. So when we walk wearing it, it will flow in the ground smoothly and lovingly. I also designed a pair of shoes which I decided will be white as well and six inch high. It will be a close shoe style but with a lovely pattern similar to the strap and a lovely bow at the side. The veil will also be long but not thick so it won’t block the design and I will have to add on the details later. Whoever wears this dress, I will make sure they will be the world’s most beautiful girl.

When I looked at the clock, it was already past twelve. I need to sleep!!! I stretched and closed my sketch book that I have been working and went to bed. The lights were all controlled by the remote which I had near my bedside table. I turned off the lights and closed my eyes for tomorrow will mean more work.

 

 “The fabrics you have ordered will be here by tomorrow, though you have to wait longer for the other materials to arrive.” Sophie informed me. “Thanks Sophie. Can you inform me as soon as it arrives?” “Sure honey.” “I have to be in the meeting, talk to you later.”  Then I headed towards the meeting room.

I had presented my design and got approved couple of weeks ago so all I needed was a model for it. “So whom do you want to wear this dress?” I asked. Everyone looked at me, confused?

Emma was the one to say, “We thought you were going to be the one to main cast for the runway. Isn’t that the reason Dianne asked you to design the dress-”, seeing me confused she stopped halfway. “I guess not.” She said.

 

Then I looked towards Dianne who was looking at them then to me. “Since you want the runway to be perfect, I thought you were the perfect person. Anyway you are a model too, why go searching around for one?” “B-but I thought…I didn’t know” I didn’t know if to be happy or not. This was all happening without any warnings.

“__________, do you want to do it?” every eyes were on us. “I don’t know. I mean, it’s been so long since I walked on the runway-” but she shaked her head, “We are not interviewing you. We just want to know your interest.”  “Could you give me some time to think about it?” I said and she nodded, “Take whatever time you need but just tell me before the actual thing.” Could I do it? Sigh!

After the fabric arrived, I was just too hooked up on it. Making the dress alone was not hard and it will not take much time. But the embedding that I wanted on the pattern was to be done manually, so it was a very risky and difficult choice. Anyway I decided to make it that way. Life is hard; it won’t come easily without any price paid.

 

After a couple of weeks I was finished with the fabric work and moving on to the patterns. I have had sent the shoe to be made but decided to do the design myself. I saved the veil for later.

 

Two months passed by pretty quickly. I had my graduation just a week ago and was free from uni work. Now I have to concentrate on finishing my piece, which was nearly done. Mom had been busy putting things together. I haven’t been in contact with George as he was really busy with his schedule.

 

Wow! The month flew by so fast. We were heading to airport at 10 in the evening which gave us plenty of time to sort things out before leaving. And yes, I did decide that I wanted to model for the runway. I also finished making the dress that I am going to wear on the runway and with this I am going to make my mom proud. I was already packed up and heading towards the office to meet up with everyone. Mom had decided to take Emma, John, Molly, Liam and Paige as the five main designer plus stylish which includes dress, makeup and hair. And of course Dianne was coming since she was in charge of it.

Most of them had arrived as mom and I headed into the building. She went to Sophie to talk about what she was supposed to do when she was gone and to contact her immediately if anything happened. I went to washroom to take a look at myself. I wore a bright yellow off-shoulder top and a black waist high skirt along with 5 inch high heels which had a zip at the back and was ankle high. I looked like a model every inch with this skinny size 0 body and long legs and with heels I was over 6 foot. I had tied my hair (black) into a loose bun, some hair escaping down my neck and of course I had applied makeup which made me look more Asian ‘cause I didn’t want to stand out there. Ok I look good, I told myself satisfied.

When I went out I saw Emma talking with John. She had also worn a flowery patterned skirt which came a few inches above her knee and a matching heel. She had her hair down like usual but with different style and with makeup she looked beautiful. I knew she and John has been going out. Well they were perfect for each other. Well John was a nice guy, I mean not only is he handsome with his golden brown hair with sky blue eyes but he was cool you know.

Heading towards airport, I felt butterflies in my stomach, which I found weird. When we arrived at the airport, we still had some time to spare. As some of the staffs came to see us off, we had a little chat and when finally it was time to depart, we said our goodbyes.

Being in a plane for hours was pretty annoying, when you had nothing good to do. But travelling on business class is what I prefer. It’s not crowded and there will be no stranger sitting beside you that you wish it would land any minute. It’s not like I experienced it firsthand but it’s what Sophie said to me. Somehow it sounds convincing to me.

‘Attention to all passengers please remain in your seats and put on the seatbelts. We will be arriving shortly at the Incheon international airport. Please be aware of further notice’

 

Finally, I am here. This is the closet I have been to him since what seems like decade. My only wish now is please don’t let us meet face-to face. Even though I have been strong all this time who knows when I might break apart, I must keep a distance between us. Even though I am here, I will not come to you. Just for you, I will keep my distance. Just for you.

 

enjoy reading it

>.<