I feel alive

Forever

“Wow! That was awesome.” I said, hugging him tightly as he lifted me off the ground and spinned me around. When he placed me back to the ground, I giving him a long peck on his cheek, there were still loud cheers outside that matched the beating of his heart. After looking at me, he gave his sly smile and kissed my forehead.

“Anyone up for a party?” he called out, his hand still wrapped around my shoulder. Everyone cheered then he turned to me, releasing his arm around my shoulder but held my hand.

“Come ________, it will be fun.” He knew that I didn’t go to parties and stuffs but anyways, it was his night. I nodded then he shouted ‘yes’ while giving me a hug.

 

George went to US for his work as he got an offer which I don’t know the details of. I was back to my own self now. I will finish my uni this year, so there was only 2 months left until I got my degree and actually work with my mom. It has been my wish, hope and dream to help mom in whatever way I can. That’s one reason why I did fashion design. Mom seems so busy nowadays. I always see her running around so today I decided to go to her office to help out. I got out the car and headed for the tallest building on the street. As I entered the building, I saw Sophie on her desk. Sophie has been a receptionist at mom’s office since the day mom started to work here as the head.

When she saw me, she seemed glad, “Hi___________. You came right on time. Go to Dianne’s office, they are gonna have a meeting in 5 and Ms.Stark is also there.” She told him, waving her hand for me to go on. I said my thanks and went to the elevator to Dianne’s office. The door opened at the 10th floor and as I headed along the corridors, I heard my mom’s voice. I took few steps back and peeked through the door, she was on the phone. So I decided to go in and wait for her.

“I said I will send my best staffs over for the runway and I assure you that they will provide the best help-”, she was calm but looked impatient. She was on her feet, her back facing me, so she hasn’t noticed me yet.  She always tapped her foot when she was impatient.

“That’s the problem Mr. Kim. It Is Korea. And I cannot just leave ______ here alone, she hasn’t lived here long enough. On top of that there’s no one whom I can trust her with.” She listened shaking her head. I knew how mom was, she always stood firm to her decision. She interrupted, “Sorry Mr. Kim. I see that this is taking us nowhere therefore I am afraid that I would have to-”. I knew what she was gonna say next so I quickly went in as I knocked her door stopping her from completing her sentence. She turned around; never leaving my eyes she finished the call with ‘I will call you later’ and hung up.

“So…” I said fidgeting. Mom folded her arms, leaning on her table, “So from when did you start listening?” “Well…I heard that you got an offer to work in Korea. But you were about to call off the deal because of me.” After I was finished, she sighed.

“Look honey, you know that I can’t leave you behind. It will kill me to even think of being away from you. This deal is nothing compared to you and you know that.” I couldn’t do anything when she says that, “Mom when is the runway?”

“Three months from now. Why?” she said confused. Easy problem solved, I thought. “I will graduate in two months time so don’t you think I can accompany you to Korean?”

Something like horror flickered over her eyes. “No. I don’t want you to go there, more like I won’t let you.” Why not? That way everything will work out. We will be together and the work will be done as well. It’s not like-

Suddenly, I knew what she was thinking. I went towards her and stood infront of her, holding her hands, I looked into her eyes. “Mom, it’s ok.” No it’s not. “I have already forgotten about it.” I still have nightmares. “I don’t care anymore.” I would die to have glimpse of him. “I don’t have any feelings about it.” ‘Cause I’m already died inside.

Mom brought her one hand to cup my face and held my hand with the other. She looked in my eyes and then gave me a big hug. “Let’s not talk about it anymore. It’s done and gone.”

There was a knock on the door and Emma’s head popped in, her short dark brown neck length hair hanging to the side, “I’m not disturbing right?” she asked seeing us. “No. It’s just a mother-daughter-thing.”Mom answered. “Good ‘cause right now we need to get to Dianne’s office. Everyone’s waiting for you.”

“We better head there then.” Mom said, still leaving one arm around my shoulder as we head towards the door. She is right what’s done is gone. Yesterday will never return and there’s no point freaking over tomorrow ‘cause what all matters is today. And today I feel alive.

 

Sorry guys, it took a long time for me think about what to write next.

hope you enjoy reading this one.