six

Just What If [in progress]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

Chapter VI - Almost There


❖ 

This cart stinks so much. It’s so gross. Across from me sat a larger-than-average man, reeking of alcohol. To my left sat a boy who looked not too much older than me picking his nose and flicking whatever-it-was out the open window.

I scrunched my nose and scooted away from him discreetly before bolting the hell out of that booth.

I eventually found myself in another room of the train by myself, so I locked the door and plopped myself down onto the soft, comfy couch. I looked outside, and in the distance, I could see mountains and trees. I was getting farther away from home.

Sighing, I reached into my bag to take out my water and took a few large gulps of it.

It’s only been about three hours since I’ve left home, but I was already missing my oppa and appa like crazy.

Knock knock.

My head snapped towards the door. A young man stood behind the glass, waving a bit, and motioning for me to open the door. I guess I had no choice but to do so.

Quickly unlocking the door, I stepped aside for the handsome young man to step in.

He jumped onto the seat and lounged around like it was his own home.

“You do realize that you’re not supposed to lock the doors, right?” he asked, smiling.

I nearly cried when he said that. “Oh really?” I shrugged. “My bad.”

This man chuckled. He looked so familiar it was scary. What if we actually had met before and he recognizes me? I began to panic and could feel the blood rush to my face.

He offered his hand to me.

“You look like someone I met a few days ago, but she’s a girl. But you could definitely pass as one, with your pretty boy style and all.”

I froze at his words. Well, at least he’s fooled by my boyish appearance. I took his hand and shook it.

“The name’s Seungho. Yang Seungho. But you can call me hyung, assuming you’re younger.” So I have met him before, but that shouldn’t be too big of a deal, considering that he actually thinks I’m a dude.

“Bang Jumong. Nice to meet you. And I’m sure you’re a hyung. I’m 19. You?”

He looked surprised. “Definitely a hyung. I’m 23.” I nodded.

“Not to be nosy or anything, but are you going to the training camp for the war, since you’re dressed up like that…”

I sighed. “Yeah,” I blinked back tears because it probably looked weird to him if I suddenly bursted into tears. “I miss my family though.” I said with a forced, deeper voice.

“Same.” He didn’t seem bothered by my strange words.

I did a double take at his words. “You’re going too?” I let out maniac-like chuckles. “I guess I won’t be too lonely when I’m there then.”

Seungho laughed. “Yeah, guess not.”

I laughed along with him, but a feeling of despair pooled within my stomach. This wasn’t going to be as easy as I thought. Now that I had someone who was probably gonna be by my side.

“Since we’re both heading there, we should get to know each other better,” Seungho added. He took the seat across from me and looked at me attentively.

I thought about it. As long as I don’t reveal too much about myself, it should be alright. Nothing too specific about myself, just broad facts. So I nodded.

“Sure,” I agreed.

He smiled at my one word statement. “Great! Well, first off, what’s your power? It’d be weird to be friends and not know each others’ powers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter