three

Just What If [in progress]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

Chapter III - Daddy's Back! Or ... not?


❖ 

 

“Daddy’s home?!” I stared at my brother. It’s been a long while since we’ve both been able to spend time with our dad, but this was definitely not what we expected.

Yongguk nodded rapidly. “And he wants us home now, as in we have to leave right now.” He grabbed my hand and started dragging me home.

I mean, don’t get me wrong. I love my dad, but him being away for so long and being taken care of by my brother and the butlers, it’s a bit hard to wrap it around in my mind. I miss my dad so much, I’d probably cry a bit when I see him.

“Come on, Jiae! Stop daydreaming!” Yongguk’s voice sounded more commanding than the teasing demeanor earlier, and it snapped me back to reality.

“Okay, okay!”

---

We slowly made our way to the front door, regaining back all of our senses and Yongguk pushed the door open. Being the “gentleman-like” brother, he motioned for me to step in first. The door slammed behind us, causing the four men in the to snap their heads towards us. We lowered our heads in a silent apology before we looked up again. Looking at the four people there, I recognized my daddy immediately, but the other three, not so much.

All were male and dressed up neatly, but each had contrasting features, it was hard not to notice.

The first that caught my attention was the tall, blonde model-like person. With his stoic expressions, one could mistaken him for a lawyer or businessman. His eyes looked as if he could burn a hole through my forehead if I stared at him for too long, and I quickly averted my eyes from his to the man by his side.  

The second man was just as well-refined as the first, but had more of a gentle aura. His hair, dyed brown, made him look kind and sweet person, but if it weren’t for him standing among three other serious looking men, I wouldn’t be that nervous standing here.

The last man was dressed a bit differently than the others, but nonetheless still very formal. He looked older as his eyes looked weary yet held great knowledge. Out of all the men, his aura was the most intimidating.

The moment my brother and I walked into the living room area, we bowed down, ninety-degrees at the hip. We felt that it was necessary, despite our dad being there too.

“Please take a seat, children. You’ve come back just in time,” our father gestured to the second sofa set in the room. “Official, generals, these are my children: Bang Jiae,” he pointed to me as I bowed in my seat, “and Bang Yongguk.” My brother did the same.

The three men smiled slightly at the mention of us as his children before their faces turned emotionless once again. It seems as if they were here for business.

“As you may have heard, our boundaries have been attacked by Shin Jisoon, leader of the Zens. Though we fended them off well there, they are planning to move into the cities and towns of our people. We don’t know why they are here, most likely just to conquer land as theirs, but either way, we need to be prepared,” the weary looking man said quickly. He reached behind his back, pulled out a scroll, and handed it to my dad. “Please read the scroll and let us know your decision,” he nodded at the two men next to him, “we’ll be taking our leave now. Thank you for your time, sir.”

Our dad guided them to the door and bowed to them one final time. That very moment the front door slammed shut I looked to my dad. His face changed from looking too solemn to something that Yongguk and I were more used to looking at: smiles.

“My dear daughter…” his voice trailed off in emotion. I couldn’t help myself but to run into my father’s arms.

“Appa…” I buried my face into his shoulder as he picked me up. This feeling, I haven’t felt in a long time. Hugging daddy feels so different from hugging oppa, and boy, does it feel right. All this time with dad, it felt good to have daddy back, even for a bit.

“Aww, don’t cry, dongsaeng…” Yongguk cooed as he joined the group hug.

“I’m just so glad you’re back dad, even if it is so out of the blue.” At my words, his smile slowly faded away.

“I’m glad I’m back too kids, but I’m afraid it won’t be long until I have to leave again,” his eyes strayed away towards the scroll given to him by the three mysterious men.

He gently placed my back down on his feet as he reached for his walking stick. How could I forget? I mentally face-palmed myself. Appa was probably in pain when I jumped onto him earlier.

Yongguk and I watched as he took the scroll and walked upstairs to his room, and with the help of the walking stick, and took the steps one by one.

“Don’t wait for me on dinner,” he said, turning around a bit. “You two can get started on it.”

“Wait, appa,” I called him back. He looked back at me with his dark eyes. “Oppa said you wanted to see me earlier…?”

“Ahh yes, I needed you two to be here when those three young men

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter